PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Rookie Poster Of The Year - Jay@Section222!

Hicks
06-21-2004, 04:36 PM
From now until 3PM Tuesday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Rookie Poster Of The Year.

There was a tie for who the 5th nominee would be, and I've decided to include them both, so this vote will have 6 nominees.

The Nominees Are:
ABADays
Jay@Section222
LAPacer
ROCislandWarrior
rscarey
TheSauceMaster

rscarey, you might want to tell people who you used to go by so they remember :laugh:.

Kstat
06-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Of all the candidates to take my old title, I think Jay best exemplifies a ROY recipient. He gets my vote.

I might add this was my toughest decision yet. A LOT of worthy candidates on this list. SauceMaster and ABAdays were both incredibly close.

TheSauceMaster
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Well Since I know I won't win , I give my vote to Jay@Section222

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I find this category impossible to vote for.

And yes i want to know who rscarey used to be

Hicks
06-21-2004, 04:56 PM
He'll need to back me up on this, but I believe he used to go by Beast#23 or Beast23

MSA2CF
06-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Well here are the Top Ten Posters on PD (by the #'s)

1 Hicks 14,810
2 Shade 14,282
3 Ragnar 3,977
4 Suaveness 3,927
5 Kstat 3,432
6 Snickers 2,860
7 Jay@Section222 2,337
8 TheSauceMaster 2,177
9 MSA2CF 2,174
10 Unclebuck 2,097

And since Saucy is the underdog here, I'll go with him. :D Although, I really do love your posts, Jay & ABA.

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 05:01 PM
He'll need to back me up on this, but I believe he used to go by Beast#23 or Beast23

That can't be correct. Beast#23 is still around and the posting styles are very different

obnoxiousmodesty
06-21-2004, 05:02 PM

He 'twas ron_artest23, if I'm not mistaken.

TheSauceMaster
06-21-2004, 05:04 PM

yes I believe that's correct , beast23 still post here under that name

MSA2CF
06-21-2004, 05:05 PM

yes I believe that's correct , beast23 still post here under that name

Dumb Hicks. :dunce:

:P

indytoad
06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
That can't be correct. Beast#23 is still around and the posting styles are very different

Didn't Beast23 used to be FTC? Or am I imagining things?

IndyToad
Million miles away

kerosene
06-21-2004, 05:09 PM

Didn't Beast23 used to be FTC? Or am I imagining things?

IndyToad
Million miles away

Imaginging things. FTC is FTC. Beast23 is Beast23.

Hicks
06-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah I think you're right that it was ron_artest23

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah I think you're right that it was ron_artest23

I nominated him in another category

Kegboy
06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Tough vote. However, Jay's the only one who knows the value of Peanut Butter, so that makes it easy. :D

Suaveness
06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Tough vote. However, Jay's the only one who knows the value of Peanut Butter, so that makes it easy. :D

Yeah. We all do. He SUCKS.

Cactus Jax
06-21-2004, 08:52 PM

I concur. :)

Snickers
06-21-2004, 10:01 PM

At least in comparison to JJ. :D

Suaveness
06-21-2004, 10:17 PM

At least in comparison to JJ. :D

Indeeeed :devil:

Kegboy
06-21-2004, 10:31 PM

And that's why none of you are leading this poll. :tongue:

That, and the fact than none of you were nominated. :shrug:

Suaveness
06-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh PLEASE. I am SO knowledgable that people think of me not as a mere "rookie". I am the king. :king:

ChicagoJ
06-21-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't know who I'm going to vote for here.

ABADays - like me, more of an old-timer (heck, he's truly more of an old-timer, I was born during the 'ABADays', so I don't really remember them.) But I always appreciate the contributions of the guys that remember Mel, Rah-jah, George, Neto, Freddie, Dr. Dunk, Slick as a coach, etc. UB once told me that he didn't think of me as a rookie, and I didn't realize ABADays was a fellow rookie, either.

LA - to the best of my knowledge, you just showed up here around the start of the playoffs or so. We had a lot of new posters arrive at nearly the same time, but you really stood out of that crowd. You were on my list of nominees for RoY.

ROC and rscarey are guys that I've really gotten a kick out of and I nominated each of them for this title. You guys, as out-of-towners, make a significant effort to keep up on the Pacers, and I really enjoy the enthusiasm, humor, and your stories about road trips to see the boys in blue-and-gold. I expect big things from each of you next season. :D

SauceMaster. Man, it really took some time for me to start to like you. I swear that :censor: Larry Bird avatar just made me want to scream. :mad: :blush: :unimpressed: Or at least have my Chuck Person avatar talk some trash in the general direction of your avatar. But seriously, you just showed up here in mid-March and you've already got 2,200 posts? Wow. That's some serious dedication to this board. I thought I had no life when I hit 2,300 posts for the entire season.

I also nominated Dukins here - I don't know if he's truly a rookie or if he didn't make the short list because he would disappear for long stretches of time, but he's another guy that I've assumed was a rookie and that I've enjoyed.

I don't know how to vote here so I'm going to sleep on it and vote in the a.m.

Oh, and I haven't decided if I'm going to hire Kegboy as a campaign manager or not. I know the campaign slogan of 'PB & Jay' is catchy and all, but I'm looking for something that will get me noticed by the masses. :D :devil: :P

sweabs
06-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Yes - so there is no confusion I used to be ron_artest23. No worries :)

I appreciate being nominated for this one - but its a tough decision...I think I'll have to give this one to Jay. I love reading his posts, and I even nominated him for MVP so I don't see any reason he shouldn't get my vote for this category.

And Sauce would be a close runner-up. Great guy - helpful, knows his stuff, and makes great posts as well.

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 11:43 PM

I appreciate being nominated for this one - but its a tough decision...I think I'll have to give this one to Jay. I love reading his posts, and I even nominated him for MVP so I don't see any reason he shouldn't get my vote for this category.

And Sauce would be a close runner-up. Great guy - helpful, knows his stuff, and makes great posts as well.

:laugh:
I honestly thought you were a different guy than ron_artest23, I nominated both of you in veryu different categories because I had no idea.

sweabs
06-21-2004, 11:46 PM

I honestly thought you were a different guy than ron_artest23, I nominated both of you in veryu different categories because I had no idea.

Sorry for the confusion :(

Natston
06-21-2004, 11:53 PM
This was hard to vote for, none of the candidates IMO will ever duplicate what Chewbacca did in Star Wars. I did vote for Sauce simply because I agree with almost anything he posts, plus Jay just didn't seem to be a Wookie IMO...

ABADays
06-22-2004, 12:16 AM
4 votes!!!!! Where the hell is the rest of my family!?!

ROCislandWarrior
06-22-2004, 12:30 AM
I hope you didn't prepare a victory speech

Unlike myself :blush:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I hope you didn't prepare a victory speech

Unlike myself :blush:

Don't worry, pal. I voted for you. :hug:

Just too bad that's 1/4 of your vote total. :cry:
[Note]

wintermute
06-22-2004, 02:12 AM
i voted for jay, but it seems like i didn't need to, he's winning by a landslide ;)

TheSauceMaster
06-22-2004, 06:33 AM
I think the Only Award that has been semi close the Fantical Poster , every other one has been a landlside pretty much by one person :laugh:

I think I can safely say congrats to Jay@Section222

ABADays
06-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Probably time for a concession speech. This year we will be carrying bottled water and beef jerky at the stand for $1.00.

Congrats Jay! Glad an "old timer" won one of these. Yes, I voted for you.

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 09:26 AM
I voted Jay as well. Of course, I've met him twice now, and he is DA MAN.

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
This was hard to vote for, none of the candidates IMO will ever duplicate what Chewbacca did in Star Wars. I did vote for Sauce simply because I agree with almost anything he posts, plus Jay just didn't seem to be a Wookie IMO...

Rookie of the Year Warcry (http://www.msd.k12.or.us/schools/mhs/department/main/pp/sounds/wookiee2.wav)

ABADays
06-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Sauce - should we attempt a coup?

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Sauce - should we attempt a coup?

Which one of you is the rooster?

ABADays
06-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Well I am, of course, I'm ahead of him in the voting. Pending.

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 10:51 AM
I still haven't voted yet. Participants in an attempted coup *may* not be looked at favorably when I cast my ballot. :p

ABADays
06-22-2004, 10:52 AM

LAPacer
06-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Congrats Jay@Section222, well deserved.

Hicks
06-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Final Poll Results:

ABADays
13% [ 7 ]
Jay@Section222
52% [ 28 ]
LAPacer
5% [ 3 ]
ROCislandWarrior
5% [ 3 ]
rscarey
11% [ 6 ]
TheSauceMaster
11% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 53

Congradulations, Jay@Section222!

Kstat
06-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Jay wins in the biggest rout since, since..........

well, since the 2004 NBA finals :D

Will Galen
06-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Probably time for a concession speech. This year we will be carrying bottled water and beef jerky at the stand for $1.00.

Congrats Jay! Glad an "old timer" won one of these. Yes, I voted for you.

Hahahah! I voted for you because I thought you were the old timer! I still get people mixed up. I was going by avatar's more than names. When they change . . .

It wasn't until lately that I started paying real attention to names. Of course the guys with 14,000 posts I know who they are.

:blush: :laugh: :blush: :laugh: :blush: :laugh: :blush: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I'd like to thank the following poeple for making this dream come true.

Jay's_Dad@Section222,
Jay's_Mom@Section222,
Jay's_Wife@Section222,
Jay's_Daughter@Section222,
Jay's_Friends@Section222,
Jay's_Co-workers@Section222,
Jay's_Enemies@Section222,

and anybody else I forgot.

Seriously, however, thanks for the votes and kind words.

And I'm just glad that Hicks isn't forcing me to change my avatar from the Rifleman to Chewabacca.

Hicks
06-22-2004, 06:13 PM
And I'm just glad that Hicks isn't forcing me to change my avatar from the Rifleman to Chewabacca.

Yet

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 06:53 PM

Yet

Put Chewbacca!!! :dance:

ABADays
06-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Jay wins in the biggest rout since, since..........

well, since the 2004 NBA finals :D

:( go ahead - rub it in!

ABADays
06-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Hahahah! I voted for you because I thought you were the old timer! I still get people mixed up. I was going by avatar's more than names. When they change . . .

You are correct sir! I am one of THE old timers. I think Jay, IndyGeezer, Alabama-Redneck, Sauce are some of the others. I'm missing someone but they know who they are.

Does finishing second make me the Best Supporting Rookie of the Year?

TheSauceMaster
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey I am no Young Buck ;)

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 07:56 PM

Yet

Limited time only.

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 08:01 PM

Yet

Limited time only.

Yikes thats violent :o

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 08:07 PM
couldn't resist the South Park version. :)

Snickers
06-22-2004, 08:21 PM

Gah!! That's blood and also his shirt says "***!" I'm offended!!! :mad:

Nice. :cool:

Natston
06-22-2004, 08:30 PM

Gah!! That's blood and also his shirt says "***!" I'm offended!!! :mad:

Nice. :cool:

The A kinda looks like a pyramid... :shrug:

I like it... (*** or pyramid) :devil:

MagicRat
06-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Congrats to Jay, not only for his victory, but for his politically shrewd announcement of his candidacy for ROY in the nominations thread. :P

Since you also an evil arch-enemy of the Sunshine Brigade, I'm surprised you're not in the running for most pessimistic......I know you got a nod from me there, too...... :devil:
Funny. I just mailed the payment for my playoff tickets yesterday. Today, I realized that I likely won't get to use the NBA Finals tickets that always look so nice in the booklet.

Oh yeah, I was going to shoot myself. Thanks for the reminder.....

It's too bad you were right.....

Snickers
06-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Hooray for Jay!

:dance:

ChicagoJ
06-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Congrats to Jay, not only for his victory, but for his politically shrewd announcement of his candidacy for ROY in the nominations thread. :P

Since you also an evil arch-enemy of the Sunshine Brigade, I'm surprised you're not in the running for most pessimistic......I know you got a nod from me there, too...... :devil:

Funny. I just mailed the payment for my playoff tickets yesterday. Today, I realized that I likely won't get to use the NBA Finals tickets that always look so nice in the booklet.

Oh yeah, I was going to shoot myself. Thanks for the reminder.....

It's too bad you were right.....

:lol2:

I think any savvy yet unintentional campaigning was offset by UB's declaration that he didn't consider me a Wookie.

However, I can't tell you how relieved I am to not be on the 'most pessimistic' ballot. Next time Jay's_Dad@Section222 tells me that "I'm not happy with the Pacers unless I'm not happy with the Pacers" then at least I can say I'm not Toad, Shade, or zxc. :rolleyes:

There were at least two and maybe three threads at the trading deadline/ Ron's surgery in which I declared that I was going to shoot myself.