PDA

View Full Version : Getting away from McGrady madness.

Young
06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
No mention of you know who in this thread. I think everyone is atleast a little bit tired of all of this madness.

So I want to know, since we could improve at center, who do you see us fitting us? It has probably been asked but we could talk about you know who.......anyways.

I look at these players [In order from who I want the most, to the least.]

- Sammuel Dalembert- Young and athletic. I love his game. Great shot blocker. Unlikely because Philly loves this kid.
- Theo Rattlif- Great shot blocker and good team defender, a very good one. Only like Sam D. will be hard to get.
- Eric Dampier- Strong and good rebounder/shot blocker. Probably won't be worth the money.
- Adonal Foyle- Good shot blocker and very intense. Most likely IMHO. Would be cheap.
- Marcus Camby- Good rebounder and shot blocker. Injury prone most of the time and will probably remain in Denver.
- Kelvin Cato- Nice skills on the defenseive side of the floor. Big paycheck and Houston seems to like him alongside Yao. So unlikely.

Others:
- Big Z- Gosh I hope not.
- Dale Davis- Would be alright but probably not to start. I would rather wait till he is FA in a year and sign him, bring him back home.

blanket
06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
OK, I'll bite.

A few names we might be hearing connected to the Pacers:

- Mark Blount (FA, but will command bigger money than we'll likely have to spend)

- Zeljko Rebraca (I think he's a free agent, but I'm a little weary of his health conditions - Kstat?)

- Andrew DeClercq

- Eddy Curry (although he's probably not a hard enough worked for Bird)

- Chris Andersen (he can leap, but he's pretty thin)

- Jerome James (not a fan, but could see it happening as part of a larger deal)

- Greg Ostertag (another FA)

- Jake Tsakalidis (not really an upgrade here)

Young
06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I forgot about Blount.

Zeljko Rebraca, doesn't he have heart problems?

Slick Pinkham
06-21-2004, 04:29 PM
trying out my new signature!

Pig Nash
06-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Have you seen all of my you-know-who signatures?

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
I like Blount.

The last thing I want is a slow center who does not have athleticism

MSA2CF
06-21-2004, 05:01 PM
The last thing I want is a slow center who does not have athleticism

I sure hope Ostertag doesn't fit that description. :bitesnails:

Kegboy
06-21-2004, 05:19 PM
No mention of you know who in this thread.

Valdermort? We're signing Valdermort??? :confused:

Cool. :P

TheSauceMaster
06-21-2004, 05:30 PM
pacertom , love the new Baghdad Bob Signature

SoupIsGood
06-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Mark Blount and Sam Dalembert would fit in nicely I think. I am really hoping we can aquire blount, almost more than I am you know who, because he is a FA (I think) and we wouldn't lose anyone for him.