PDA

View Full Version : What Really Grinds My Gears

Shade
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
There have been enough "pet peeve" threads here of late that I decided that it might be a good idea to condense them into a single thread for the purpose of blowing off steam.

So, feel free to share with us your own frustrations and pet peeves, or just go off on really nonsensical rants for no good reason. It's all good.

So...you know what really grinds my gears?

http://image.hotrod.com/f/editorials/you-know-what-grinds-my-gears/1034951+w500+cr1+re0+ar1/what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

Highway tailgaters. You have four ****ing lanes to choose from. I'm not going to risk getting a ticket or, God forbid, in an accident because you don't want to go around for whatever reason, especially when I'm driving in one of the slow lanes. Get off my *** and go around, jerk.

LG33
11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
People who go through doors and don't even look behind them to see if another person is close behind - especially in the gosh-darned Metro station at rush hour!!! I'll be the first to admit I'll wait an awkwardly long time for someone behind me, but still, I'd feel worse if I didn't.

SoupIsGood
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Excessively cynical and sarcastic people.

N8R
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Working nights and dealing with the jackasses at work. That and dogs that aren't controlled by their owners.

Suaveness
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? You, America. **** you.

LG33
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Uh oh...

I promise you it's only a Pacers-related condition!

LG33
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Also, serious displays of anger on the internet. And really crappy loud music.

kester99
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Even if it was a joke, same deal.

Suaveness
11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Even if it was a joke, same deal.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who don't watch family guy.

kester99
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Even if it was a quote from a popular show. Same.

Shade
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
You know what really grinds my gears?

Homework. And not just any homework, but the kind where I have to read dozens of pages in order to even know how to do the homework. I take the class to be taught by a person. If I wanted to learn by reading, I'd just buy the ****ing book and save thousands of dollars in tuition.

SoupIsGood
11-15-2008, 12:04 AM
People so obsessed with being within the "underground" of any movement that they begin to form "underground alliances." Ever think that you just can't write for ****, huh? Or that people seem so unpleasant to you because of your overwhelming narcissism?

Along w/ that goes the people that lack the needed humility to create fiction. I recognize that everyone has the tiny little "I'm so damned good at this!" inkling when it comes to anything they love, but fiction just becomes so disastrous whenever being good at it becomes the whole point of it. The point is the reader the point is the reader: you are not some kind of Creative Writing God; no one is. URGH.

juadam09
11-15-2008, 12:07 AM
TAILGATERS ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!! ROT IN HELL!

COWBOYS FANS!!!!!!!!!!! ROT IN HELL!

GROUP PROJECTS WHERE MY GROUP INFORMS ME THEY WANT ME PART OF THE PROJECT DONE BY TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT! ROT IN HELL!

APARTMENT MATES WHO REFUSE TO FREAKING SHUT THE DOOR, BETTER YET LOCK IT! ROT IN HELL!

Shade
11-15-2008, 12:08 AM
People who go through doors and don't even look behind them to see if another person is close behind - especially in the gosh-darned Metro station at rush hour!!! I'll be the first to admit I'll wait an awkwardly long time for someone behind me, but still, I'd feel worse if I didn't.

I co-sign on this one. I can't stand self-centered, rude people. I generally go out of my way to be nice to people. Stop being an asshat.

ajbry
11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Highway tailgaters. You have four ****ing lanes to choose from. I'm not going to risk getting a ticket or, God forbid, in an accident because you don't want to go around for whatever reason, especially when I'm driving in one of the slow lanes. Get off my *** and go around, jerk.

Agreed, just be thankful you don't live in Massachusetts though... If you're going 10 MPH over the speed limit you're still going too slow.

Being demonstrative with your hands is always a good way to tell people to back the ***** off, however.

I love those people. I am one of them.

I co-sign on this one. I can't stand self-centered, rude people. I generally go out of my way to be nice to people. Stop being an asshat.

Another good one, narcissists are so ridiculously prevalent in American culture. It's actually an accomplishment when you meet somebody who isn't self-consumed and possesses a global perspective of their life rather than something centered solely around themselves...

Suaveness
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM

You know what grinds my gears? People questioning why I'm the greatest person in the world. I'm better than you.

duke dynamite
11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
When they're not the droids we're looking for.

N8R
11-15-2008, 06:11 AM
You know what really grinds my gears? Working right now.

idioteque
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
This time of year when the temperature can swing 20 degrees from one day to the next, leaving it excessively hot or excessively cold in every god damn building you go into. How hard is it to TURN OFF THE MOTHER****ING HEAT.

Annoying people who come in where I work and want a deal off of everything and are just offended that we're not having a sale.

sweabs
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Harley Davidson motorcycles. Obnoxiously loud.

idioteque
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Fire engine horns. Burn alive for all I care, you're hurting my ears :)

N8R
11-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Harley engines are a pis$ off. You arent impressing anyone, you are just pointing out that you are a jackass.

Also people who come into a gym, and dont work out. And people who come in and are complete fockheads.

Shade
11-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Customers who ask me a question, don't pay attention while I answer it, then ask me the exact same ****ing question again. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

Suaveness
11-15-2008, 12:36 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Food that costs a lot but tastes like crap.

Hicks
11-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Yeah.

Hicks
11-15-2008, 12:41 PM

Homework. And not just any homework, but the kind where I have to read dozens of pages in order to even know how to do the homework. I take the class to be taught by a person. If I wanted to learn by reading, I'd just buy the ****ing book and save thousands of dollars in tuition.

AMEN

Shade
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Adobe Premiere. **** you, you non-capturing, non-rendering POS. :mad:

duke dynamite
11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Rednecks.

idioteque
11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Rednecks.

You must hate Bedford. That's why I left small-town Indiana, though if a job ever comes up in downtown Indianapolis and I could get a nice flat downtown I'd be back in an instant. Indianapolis is a really nice city but get a certain amount of miles away from it and...

idioteque
11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
DC tourists that stand on the right side of the escalator when I am running late for work. Okay, DC tourists in general.

My boss's breath. Oy vey.

Knucklehead Warrior
11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
What really grinds my gears? I’ll tell ya. In the summer when it’s hot and really really humid and you want to eat some watermelon and it’s nice and cold and you slice off a piece and then grab for the salt shaker, but noooo, the salt’s all glummed up in the shaker and won’t come out so you rap it on the table, but noooo, it still won’t come out and then you try to unscrew the cap but it won’t come off and so you get a screwdriver to pry it off and then a fricking hammer, and then while you’re pounding away on the frickin’ salt shaker you drop your watermelon slice in the dirt and bugs get on it and then the phone rings and it’s another GD telemarketer and argggggghhh……..

Shade
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM

The fact that I'm allergic to watermelon. I didn't always used to be, it just came out of nowhere when I was a teenager. What the **** was that all about?

grace
11-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Customers who ask me a question, don't pay attention while I answer it, then ask me the exact same ****ing question again. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

It's called asking the same quesiton until you get the answer you want. Happened all the time at my old job.

Shade
11-15-2008, 06:00 PM
It's called asking the same quesiton until you get the answer you want. Happened all the time at my old job.

No, it's called not paying attention when I'm answering the question. Trust me, I know the difference. I've dealt with both kinds frequently.

grace
11-16-2008, 12:42 PM
No, it's called not paying attention when I'm answering the question. Trust me, I know the difference. I've dealt with both kinds frequently.

:notlisten

Shade
11-16-2008, 12:59 PM
:notlisten

Exactly. :mad:

Shade
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM

The phrase "excuse me." People abuse it to the point of justifying their rudeness. If I'm helping someone in front of you in line, THEY have priority, NOT you. Wait your ****ing turn.

And it's infinitely worse when more than one person is doing it at a time. Last night, I told TWO people at once to wait their turns because they were trying to butt in while I was helping someone in front of them in line. You see that we're busy as hell, and that I'm busting my *** trying to help everyone as quickly as possible, so it's not wise to **** me off when I'm already stressed out. Capice?

JayRedd
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM

The best is when you actually make them speed up to a near-jog because they feel bad that you're standing there for so long. And then they get to thank you for inconveniencing their gait.

Those people are the worst.

Shade
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Agreed, just be thankful you don't live in Massachusetts though... If you're going 10 MPH over the speed limit you're still going too slow.

Being demonstrative with your hands is always a good way to tell people to back the ***** off, however.

Actually, I typically drive ~10 MPH over, so that makes it all the more ridiculous when people fly by me as if I'm standing still.

Shade
11-17-2008, 12:11 AM

Exams with material NOT sufficiently covered in the lectures and readings. How the **** are we supposed to know this ****? :mad:

N8R
11-17-2008, 05:25 AM

getting a full force elbow in the nose at a bar.

Slick Pinkham
11-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Health Insurance Providers that attempt to "wear you down" by denying perfectly valid claims over and over and over again, expecting you to give up, that you will not wait on hold forever, and that you will just let them not provide the coverage that they are contractually obligated to pay.

My insurance has some issue with my daughter's doctor. 6 visits, 6 denied claims, 6 appealed claims, then (EVENTUALLY) 6 payments (50% coverage, out of network provider).

I just got the "explanation of benefits" statement to the 7th visit.

verdict: "not covered"

:mad:

N8R
11-17-2008, 10:52 AM
USA Health care is terrible by the way. If you arent rich you are in trouble. But I speak out of turn not really knowing the system, I just know a few cases that people have to pay ridiculous money to get healthy, where as up here you just walk in and show them a card. Sure we all pay for it but it works.

Not political.

SoupIsGood
11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
you know what grinds my gears? barfing.

Major Cold
11-17-2008, 11:16 AM
You know what grinds my gears? New leadership that wants you to do your job the way they interpret, outside of your job description.

Unclebuck
11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I know this is a little thing. But I think every place I go into is hot in the winter time. Think about it, it is cold outside so I am already wearing a coat to stay warm, then I go inside a store and they have the heat cranked seemingly for those who are there in shorts and a t-shirt. If you keep the A/C at 75 in the summer when everyone is in shorts - should you keep the heat at 75 in the winter time when everyone is in coats - no of course not.

I'm sure no one is still reading this, but I never ever wear my coat if I am going into a store - rather be freezing for 30 second walking from my car, then hot for 30 minutes while in the store.

But then I'm strange - I keep my place at 65 in the wintertime and 68 in the summer. Amazing how so many complain that I'm wasting energy in the summer, but come winter time when I'm evening things out - they don't seem to care and want the heat cranked to 75.

Something I really want to know Since when does someone who is cold take precedence over someone who is hot Oh your cold, let me turn up the heat - oh your hot - it is only 85 in here - let me see if I have a fan - no turn on the a/c.

ok, i'LL BE ALLRIGHT

Trader Joe
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM

Exams with material NOT sufficiently covered in the lectures and readings. How the **** are we supposed to know this ****? :mad:

You would hate the business school.

Dr. Goldfoot
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
When I check a CD out from the library, download a few tunes, put them on my Ipod, return the CD and realize the song didn't download properly on subsequent listens.....

The fact that my parents got divorced and now live in smaller housing thus leaving me as the only person in my family with ample room to host Thanksgiving & Christmas......

They no longer make blue jeans the way they used to. In fact, they make them 40,000 different ways just not the way I want them......

The only time I ever have significant problems with new-fangled technology is when I'm drunk and have guests over......damn you WII controllers that need to be re-synced....

People who have annual parties......I'd like to spend some holidays elsewhere thank you very much......

People who are friends of a friend you've maybe met a couple of times but don't feel the need to re-introduce themselves during a chance meeting outside the normal setting you might see each other....This is how you become Hayman to me.....as in Hey Man.....

Unclebuck
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
People who are friends of a friend you've maybe met a couple of times but don't feel the need to re-introduce themselves during a chance meeting outside the normal setting you might see each other....This is how you become Hayman to me.....as in Hey Man.....

I like that. Hey Man how you doing -good to see you - hows the family, Good - I'm fine - tell everyone I said hello - walk away - oh what is that guys name - I know I know him.

A couple of times I've known that the person has forgotten my name and I remembered theirs and it is fun to just play with them a little.

Or how about the times someone walks up to you all buddy buddy and you swear you have never seen the person before in your life. (I almost think they are just winning a bet or something and trying to make me look like a fool)

Hicks
11-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I often forget people's names, and I've yet to find a comfortable go-to phrase to ask them without feeling awkward.

Trader Joe
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey there buckaroo...

My name's not buckaroo...

Sure it is...partner.

SoupIsGood
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Or how about the times someone walks up to you all buddy buddy and you swear you have never seen the person before in your life. (I almost think they are just winning a bet or something and trying to make me look like a fool)

This is so weird! I get this a lot here at Butler. It's like, what the hell? I'm not even very outgoing.

jeffg-body
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

People who have no idea about your job duties but think they are an expert because they read a pamphlet. Then they argue with you about proper procedure on stupid little things.

Merz
11-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Another good one, narcissists are so ridiculously prevalent in American culture. It's actually an accomplishment when you meet somebody who isn't self-consumed and possesses a global perspective of their life rather than something centered solely around themselves...

I know what you mean. I'm not self-consumed at all. You guys should all meet me because I'm really awesome at not being like that. It'd blow your mind. You should check out my new car as well. I bet it's better than all of yours.

heywoode
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I often forget people's names, and I've yet to find a comfortable go-to phrase to ask them without feeling awkward.

My go-to phrase is, "Who the **** are YOU?"

It puts them on the defensive so that if they are just messing with you, they start to feel bad.

Hicks
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
What grinds my gears is people who seem to constantly be mad about one thing or another. I have my moments, but I also have my long cool stretches, too. I feel tired quickly when I have to endure constant anger or displeasure from someone else.

Sollozzo
11-18-2008, 02:50 PM
You would hate the business school.

I second that.

Pig Nash
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
RickRollers.

Major Cold
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
RickRollers.

You have been Rick Roll'd.

Hicks
11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
RickRollers.

I think you'll appreciate the way this guy reacted to being RickRolled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Shade
11-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Turn signals. They're there for a reason. If I'm behind you, use them, so I know what the **** you're doing. Don't just hit the brakes and creep your way into a turn, jackass.

On the flip side, don't turn on your signal and then decide to blow past the turn at the last second. That's what causes accidents.

Major Cold
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
you have to try harder than that.

MyFavMartin
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
the dude that puts a bunch of TP on the toilet seat because toilet seats are all "germy" and then leaves it there afterward and typically clogs the toilet with a bunch of toilet paper in the meantime. happens about twice every week. and he doesn't call maintenance to fix it.

people who drive way too fast.

people who drive way too slow.

people who don't pay attention when they drive.

people who don't wait for a green arrow to turn left.

traffic engineers.

people who don't stop behind the white line at a stop light and then wonder why they don't get a green arrow.

any political official who breaks the law.

people who are in charge but have no clue what they're doing or how to manage people and projects.

people who avoid conflict.

people who expect you to do all the work and when you ask them to do one simple thing, never do it.

apathetic people.

people who take life way too seriously.

illegal aliens.

people on welfare who shouldn't be and are taking advantage of the system.

the people who should do something about these people and don't.

people who have a chance to do a great thing but don't because "it's not their niche".

tenure.

overpaid labor workers.

the IRS.

taxes.

government workers. (I'll be one here shortly but whenever I ask a question, I get the runaround or no response.)

cgg
11-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Getting arrested for going 180mph.

cgg
11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Cars that only go 105mph.

ajbry
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
People with Boston accents...

cgg
11-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Lobsters

N8R
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Members who get offended when I try to tell them there is something wrong with their account.

cgg
11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
What's wrong with their accounts?

DisplacedKnick
11-19-2008, 12:14 PM
When I'm giving a presentation and I see almost everyone punching away on their Blackberries.

Someday I want someone to invent a "Wireless Signal Dampening Field" I can turn on.

And it REALLY burns me when someone asks me a question about something I covered at length because they were too busy texting/e-mailing when I was talking.

Since86
11-19-2008, 01:08 PM
When I'm giving a presentation and I see almost everyone punching away on their Blackberries.

Someday I want someone to invent a "Wireless Signal Dampening Field" I can turn on.

And it REALLY burns me when someone asks me a question about something I covered at length because they were too busy texting/e-mailing when I was talking.

http://www.thesignaljammer.com/portable-cell-phone-jammer.html

I believe you can also buy them at radioshack.

DisplacedKnick
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.thesignaljammer.com/portable-cell-phone-jammer.html

I believe you can also buy them at radioshack.

Interesting - I'll have to see if they carry a super-size one. 25 meters just gives everyone one more reason to sit in the back of the room. Would work nice for the Conference room though usually I don't have too many problems in there.

Hicks
11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Can't you just ask/tell them to shut them off before speaking so at least they KNOW they're being dicks if they do it anyway?

Second, can you kick them out if they DO procede to use them anyway?

Unclebuck
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM

Turn signals. They're there for a reason. If I'm behind you, use them, so I know what the **** you're doing. Don't just hit the brakes and creep your way into a turn, jackass.

On the flip side, don't turn on your signal and then decide to blow past the turn at the last second. That's what causes accidents.

Word of warning. if you rely on someone elses turn signal and if your reliance causes the accident - the accident is probably your fault regardless. In other words the turn signal means little to nothing in trying to determine who is at fault in an accident - it is in the Indiana auto statutes. So if you turn in front of someone because they had their turn signal on but instead of turning they decide to go straight - you are at fault. Turn signals mean nothing in the driving laws of Indiana.

duke dynamite
11-19-2008, 02:34 PM
...when people try to get me to do advanced networking things when I'm supposed to be a desktop administrator.

Shade
11-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Word of warning. if you rely on someone elses turn signal and if your reliance causes the accident - the accident is probably your fault regardless. In other words the turn signal means little to nothing in trying to determine who is at fault in an accident - it is in the Indiana auto statutes. So if you turn in front of someone because they had their turn signal on but instead of turning they decide to go straight - you are at fault. Turn signals mean nothing in the driving laws of Indiana.

I know, and this is just another instance where the law is not always necessarily logical.

Fortunately for me, I've learned to err on the side of caution, because there are just far too many people on the road these days that can't drive worth ****.

DisplacedKnick
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Can't you just ask/tell them to shut them off before speaking so at least they KNOW they're being dicks if they do it anyway?

Second, can you kick them out if they DO procede to use them anyway?

As for turning them off, usually someone does and in a lot of places it's written on the door. As for kicking them out, when I'm talking to a group of developers who (for at least some anyway) I hope might build a $400 million dollar project, I'm not sure that's the thing to do either.

ajbry
11-19-2008, 11:39 PM
People who don't yield.

People who don't make eye contact.

People who think Lupe Fiasco and Common are the only examples of real rap.

Unclebuck
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
People who don't yield.

I get madder when people think yield means stop

Since86
11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
People who change their avatars to mimick other people!

(I don't look at the handle, but the picture. I was really confused for a few secs.)

Shade
11-21-2008, 12:58 AM

(I don't look at the handle, but the picture. I was really confused for a few secs.)

Fished in!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/2380583062_bf934f59fe.jpg?v=0

JayRedd
11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Broccoli.

N8R
11-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Team O.N.E. is not be grind gearing only greasing gearing.

SoupIsGood
11-21-2008, 11:52 PM

Amen, brother!

Since86
11-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, atleast it's a sexy one.

Moses
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Amen, brother!
Lol, I thought you were Since86 quoting yourself.

On a side note, Stomach Viruses/Stomach Flu really grind my gears. Woke up at 6 and have been puking and crapping up water ever since. :mad::mad::mad:

rexnom
11-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Lol, I thought you were Since86 quoting yourself.

On a side note, Stomach Viruses/Stomach Flu really grind my gears. Woke up at 6 and have been puking and crapping up water ever since. :mad::mad::mad:
My decision to drink a mocha while reading this forum really grinds my gears.

Major Cold
11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
When people don't look at the big picture and would rather moan and groan about something unchangeable, so as to think that if it did change they would have nothing to complain about, and thus everything would be honky dorey.

Oh yeah and run-on sentences.

Shade
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM

People who brake through every green light for no good reason. Stupid n00bs.

duke dynamite
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Stubborn Mac users.

Not Mac users. Stubborn ones.

cgg
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Stubborn Mac users.

Not Mac users. Stubborn ones.

What are they stubborn about?

N8R
11-27-2008, 12:47 AM
You know what really grinds my gears? Women who wont bake me pies when I tell them to... stupid equality.

travmil
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Ya know what really grinds my gears? Junk Mail. I could make an entire thread about the hassle of getting rid of junk mail.

idioteque
12-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Constant Trade Speculation!

LG33
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
New threads that translate to more numbers in the counting thread but instead are separate and unequal.

GO!!!!!
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
People that do 90 in 110 KPH Zone
Then over take you doing 90 in a 80 KPH Zone

A%%'s...

N8R
12-02-2008, 06:06 AM
People who work out in gyms and dont follow the club rules. Also being so tired that I didnt want to get out of bed and I missed all of my Monday night shows.

Shade
12-04-2008, 07:49 PM
You know what really, REALLY grinds my gears?

Running into an abundance of software issues at the end of EVERY FREAKING SEMESTER. I'm tired of doing 4-5 times the work I need to because of crashes, incompatibility issues, and other unforseen technical issues. :mad:

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Sinusitis. It's like you need to wear dark sunglasses and ear plugs all the time.

N8R
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Having the best co-worker ever have her last day at work. She will be greatly missed but I will get to see her outside of work more so that is better.

Also having a week where everything goes wrong at once, just one punch in the face after another without hesitation.

Shade
12-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Also having a week where everything goes wrong at once, just one punch in the face after another without hesitation.

Welcome to my world. Want a drink?

N8R
12-06-2008, 06:02 AM
No Rooficolatas for me my good man.

duke dynamite
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
This thread is coming back from the dead...

I hate it when people use their email as personal storage, and when I tell someone to type a URL into the address bar, but they actually type it into a Google search bar. UGH.

thewholefnshow31
12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Ya know what really grinds my gears? When I tell a user why they cannot do something and they turn around and try to go over my head only to have my boss say the same thing.

Hicks
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Twisting my words. Especially if it is intentional.

duke dynamite
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Twisting my words. Especially if it is intentional.
Especifically? :devil:

PacersFan1991
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Anyone who can't yield, use a turn signal or stops where it says "Do not stop"

Stryder
12-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Big brother mentality.

Incompetent management and leadership.

cdash
12-28-2011, 11:07 PM
People who go the speed limit in the left lane on the highway.

ThA HoyA
12-29-2011, 03:02 AM
People who don't know how to end a telephone call! Instead of saying "thanks have a great day" there's this awkward silence!

TheDon
12-29-2011, 03:16 AM
The 3-d raptors logo behind the basket

duke dynamite
12-29-2011, 10:02 AM
When people ask for help/advice and totally go against what you give them, or don't appreciate the time you put into it, regardless if they follow or not.

travmil
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
People who act like the sum total of their life and experiences couldn't possibly be matched by anyone else and smugly conclude that they are right about everything while everyone else is a blubbering idiot on any topic that could ever be brought for discussion.

Shade
12-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Improperly using the term "literally."

Sparhawk
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
The 3-d raptors logo behind the basket

Sorry, but I think it's awesome.

cdash
12-29-2011, 01:20 PM

That happens far, far too often.

On a similar note, simple grammar mistakes. The your/you're thing really grinds my gears. "Should/could of" instead of the proper "could have" is up there too.

Suaveness
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
You know what grinds my gears? ESPN's kissing of the Miami Heat's ***. The rest of the country doesn't give a ****, so stop shoving it down our throats. Thank you.

Sparhawk
12-29-2011, 08:25 PM
What really grinds my gears is that just as I'm set to leave work, I'm given a project. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

Shade
12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
What really grinds my gears is that just as I'm set to leave work, I'm given a project. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

This actually happened to me yesterday.

travmil
01-18-2012, 04:17 PM
People who won't do their freaking job! Or even worse, people who won't do their freaking job while simultaneously making yours harder. Or even worse than that, people who don't do ANYTHING and then constanly ***** and gripe about how they are sooooo overworked and stressed out. They just don't know if they can do it all. I'd kick people like that down a dark hole if I knew I could get away with it.

Sparhawk
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
This actually happened to me yesterday.

You mean "literally".

;)

Sparhawk
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
You know what grinds my gears? ESPN's kissing of the Miami Heat's ***. The rest of the country doesn't give a ****, so stop shoving it down our throats. Thank you.

I kept wondering where you got your avatar pic from. Starting watching Soul Eater on Netflix. Not liking it though.

I need new Anime to watch!

Frostwolf
01-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I need new Anime to watch!

you like robots? try code geass. dunno if it's available on netflix or whatever... try your favourite online.... establishment ;)

Major Cold
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM

That literally pisses me off. Literally. Like I have to change my pants.

Sparhawk
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
I seriously hate when I wake up 15 minutes before my alarm.

JBones19
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I HATE it when people turn into a shopping center/mall parking lot and the road T's, THERE ARE NO STOP SIGNS FOR INCOMING TRAFFIC! Only the people driving in the parking lot have stop signs and yet they feel the need to stop while a back-up on the main road builds up behind them. Not to stereotype, but it's usually the elderly and they fail at round-a-bouts alot too.

end rant.

Sparhawk
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I HATE it when people turn into a shopping center/mall parking lot and the road T's, THERE ARE NO STOP SIGNS FOR INCOMING TRAFFIC! Only the people driving in the parking lot have stop signs and yet they feel the need to stop while a back-up on the main road builds up behind them. Not to stereotype, but it's usually the elderly and they fail at round-a-bouts alot too.

end rant.

I love roundabouts. Wish we had more of them.

Major Cold
01-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I love roundabouts. Wish we had more of them.

Move to Carmel.

Sparhawk
01-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I was going to start a new thread, but I'll use this instead.

DWill has said if the Nets don't get Howard he'll likely sign with the Mavs, Lakers or Knicks.

Seriously, the NBA is a *****ing joke with every star wanting to sign with a big market team. No one wants to compete anymore, but form these super teams.

graphic-er
01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I hate when people park super close to your car because they did not want to drive up on the small snow pile/bank that existed in their parking spot as they pulled in. Cause you know like the snow bank might do something other than melt and could hurt their precious piece of crap civic. So they park a foot away from your car at some weird angle.

I left a real nasty note on the windshield.

cdash
01-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I hate it when people refer to IU as the University of Indiana. Drives me crazy.

Sparhawk
01-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I hate it when people refer to IU as the University of Indiana. Drives me crazy.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say that. Hmmmmm...can't say it bothers me though.

:buddies:

travmil
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Going to meetings where all anyone talks about is what we CAN'T do. We CAN'T do this, we CAN'T do that. After a half hour I finally said well what CAN we do? Everyone looked up like "who let that A-hole in"?

TheDon
01-28-2012, 08:32 AM
people who refer to their followers on twitter as "their tweeps"....makes me die a little inside everytime I see it.

travmil
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
The fact that everything I have that I don't want destroyed by my toddler ends up on top of the fridge.

Stryder
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Social media policies at work...

jeffg-body
01-31-2012, 02:41 AM
People that buy stuff via a website and become non-paying winners. It really sucks when they don't even respond because it takes like 2 weeks to resolve the issue and it cuts your workflow because someone's item is taking up much needed space.

travmil
02-12-2014, 12:20 AM
It really grinds my gears when you run into people who when things are going good they say things like "I did this and this and that...." and when things go bad they say things like "well WE could have done a better job..."

It also grinds my gears when someone bumps a 2 year old thread but in this case I had a bad day at work and it had to be done....

thewholefnshow31
02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Reading that the 8 police officers who shot up a truck 103 times during the manhunt for Christopher Dorner is not going to get fired nor be suspended for almost killing two innocent people. The only thing they are getting is some additional training. Hopefully those two women still sue the crap out of LAPD.

SycamoreKen
02-12-2014, 11:18 PM
There are too many people in this thread who do not post much if at all any more.

People who demand the government make sharp curves/railroad crossings safer when people just need to not drive like idiots and slow down or look before crossing.

People who drive through parking lots like they are on the freeway.

travmil
02-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Whoever the man and woman are who are currently announcing the ice skating, they are hypercritical and are really grinding my gears.

btowncolt
02-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Travmil.

travmil
02-14-2014, 02:02 PM
As always, I aim to please.

btowncolt
02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Being pleased by a guy who didn't buy me a drink first.