PDA

View Full Version : Are you a honker??

Skaut_Ech
11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
So, I'm sitting at a local eatery today, enjoying my meal when I hear it.

*honk*

I look over and see this woman blowing her nose at the table next to us. :-o:cringe: She ended up doing this several times throughout our meal as she blew her nose, then spent time after each blow cleaning her nose. My wife almost stopped eating.

And this ain't the first time. I've lost count of how many times we've had to endure people tending to the care and cleaning of their noses at the dinner table. To be honest, I've always been a little shocked. Have we gotten so lax in basic manners that it's now okay to clear out the sinuses several times while sitting at the table when you're out eating at a restaurant? :yuck:

Are any of you guys honkers? Anyone else bothered by this? I don't get it.

Shade
11-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I have an idea for a new thread.

DisplacedKnick
11-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Used to gross me out but not any more. I think I'm becoming jaded.

heywoode
11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that is sickening, and in very poor taste. I would say that that is what you get with big city living, but there are morons doing it here in my small town of 20,000.

I'm in the category of "don't do it, don't like it."

LG33
11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I have an idea for a new thread.

Hahahah...I definitely thought he was soliciting the first time I read the title too.

Unclebuck
11-16-2008, 05:43 PM
I suppose it depends what restaurant. McDonalds - that is probably the least of your problem. Applebees - I wouldn't think twice about it, maybe a little annoyed, but what can you expect at that type of place. but if it was at a nice place, I would have given her a dirty lolok and might have considered pointing her to where the restroom was

Trader Joe
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
If they aren't sitting at my table, I don't think it's my place to police their behavior. Frankly, even if they are sitting at my table I'd feel a little out of place telling another grown person what to do.

Shade
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I suppose it depends what restaurant. McDonalds - that is probably the least of your problem. Applebees - I wouldn't think twice about it, maybe a little annoyed, but what can you expect at that type of place. but if it was at a nice place, I would have given her a dirty lolok and might have considered pointing her to where the restroom was

Yeah, at McDonald's the honkers are typically the ones handling your food. :eek: :puke:

Skaut_Ech
11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
If they aren't sitting at my table, I don't think it's my place to police their behavior. Frankly, even if they are sitting at my table I'd feel a little out of place telling another grown person what to do.

~Farting repeatedly as I pass by your table on my way to the buffet~

Still feel funny about telling a grown person what to do? :rolleyes::):devil:

Anthem
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Don't call people honkers. That's racist.

Slick Pinkham
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, that behavior has honked me off too.

Another:

Lately we have been going to church during a late Sunday afternoon "teen-oriented" service with lively music, and afterwards the teens have a dinner and stay for a few hours.

My 15-year-old goes to church without griping now.

But on three occasions I have been irritated by teenage boys/girls behind me whispering back and forth to each other constantly for an hour, even during prayers. It's not loud enough to hear, but loud enough to annoy, I try shooting them some disapproving glances, but they seem oblivious.

indygeezer
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought this was going to be about those people behind me at a stop light. THe instant it turns green they hit their horn. F off is my thought. Actually, I have visions of getting out of the car and smashing their headlights with a tire tool.

But I figure that would just lead to gunplay. So I drive off.

(I've also had visions of just sitting there until the light is nearly pink and then gunning it)

PS...I figure Skaut is about to have a heart attack after reading that.

DisplacedKnick
11-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I thought this was going to be about those people behind me at a stop light. THe instant it turns green they hit their horn. F off is my thought. Actually, I have visions of getting out of the car and smashing their headlights with a tire tool.

(I've also had visions of just sitting there until the light is nearly pink and then gunning it)

When I was younger one time I got out of my truck, walked back to them, rapped on the window and asked, "Are you OK? Do you need some help?"

I wouldn't do that today - heard too many stories.

Shade
11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't call people honkers. That's racist.

Your face is racist.

Shade
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM

That annoys me too. On the way to the game last night, there was a back-up on 70 and some jackass actually honked his horn. I mean, really, WTF do you expect people to do? Go Canyonaro? :shakehead

Hicks
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
:laugh: