PDA

View Full Version : We must ask ourselves an honest question

capaman
06-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Lets just pretend for a moment that we could get T-mac for Artest and Croshere if we wanted. That being an option, we must ask ourselfs...Do we really want T-mac?? The average NBA fan would say "Yes he is a SuperSTAR!!!" Ok, find and dandy, but what constitutes a superstar? Is it somebody who has unbelievable stats, or is it somthing else? Who makes the title of superstar anyway? I mean JO was THIRD on the list of MVP...wouldn't that constitute superstar....where on that list was T-mac and Kobe??? ...my point being, is T-mac that good?, or are his stats heavily inflated because he plays on a crappy team. Does he have that killer desire to win like MJ, Sheed or ARTIST? To me a superstar is a person who makes all other players around him better, a person who is a born leader, who understands the word team and plays incredible ball on BOTH ends of the floor. A superstar is a player who can take a team on the brink of defeat and
bring energy, and most importantly confidence in those crucial moments to bring them over the top. Does T-mac fall in this catagory of superstar? I don't think so. In fact I don't believe a true superstar would ever let their team be last in the league, I don't care if its just them and a troop of girlscouts. So I must ask you all...Do we really want this guy, and if so for what Price?

SpADeD
06-20-2004, 10:11 PM
The thing you have to remember is that basketball is a TEAM game. I truely believe T-Mac did all he could for most of the season to help his team, but his team was awful. I would trade Artest and Cro for T-Mac anyday. We would have a bonafide scorer and future SG to replace Reggie and keep a SF, not to mention have a better chance at getting a championship.

capaman
06-20-2004, 10:17 PM
The thing you have to remember is that basketball is a TEAM game. I truely believe T-Mac did all he could for most of the season to help his team, but his team was awful. I would trade Artest and Cro for T-Mac anyday. We would have a bonafide scorer and future SG to replace Reggie and keep a SF, not to mention have a better chance at getting a championship.

Perhaps, but removing the DPOY and adding a player who's defence is at best soft may actually make us a weaker team. I believe Detroit reminded everyone how important D really is. Detroit did not beat us because their offence was better but because their defense was.

bulletproof
06-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Product endorsements. That's what makes a superstar. In particular, Nike. If an athlete finds himself in a Nike commercial, chances are he's achieved or is close to achieving superstar status. Ergo, Tracy McGrady is a superstar.

Young
06-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes I seriously want TMac.

He is a team player, in fact, he should be more selfish in the clutch.

You know what he is frustarting about Artest? He has to make a mistake to improve.

Look at last season, it took the whole season to get his *** straight and he hurt this team alot.

In the East finals he forgot how to pass, which hurt this team. He should forget what he can do for himself and see what he can do for his teamates. He didn't do that. He forgot about his teamates.

To me, his make mistake[s] and improve thing is a growing pattern that I am getting annoyed by more and more by each day that passes. I don't want to wait 5 years for him to get his *** completely right.

Also, you know what I am just loving to think about? The fact that if we get McGrady, we could play him at point. Not for the season but I mean vs Detroit, to throw them off, start him at point. Lets see how they guard that lineup. :D

Unclebuck
06-20-2004, 10:55 PM
The short answer is McGrady is that good. He has unbelievable talent.

He has has seasons where averaged 8 rebs per game, 2 blocks per game, he has led the league in scoring two straight year.

He was the Magic's best defender, granted the Magic were the worst defensive team in the NBA, but if the Pacers did make a trade for him he would be an excellent defender once again.

Roaming Gnome
06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
What is all the drivel about T-mac being soft on defense? It isn't like we currently have anyone slowing down opposing shooting guards? T-mac or nearly anyone would be an improvment!

sixthman
06-21-2004, 12:46 AM
What is all the drivel about T-mac being soft on defense? It isn't like we currently have anyone slowing down opposing shooting guards? T-mac or nearly anyone would be an improvment!

Amen. Bro. While I don't think T-Mac in Indiana is in the cards, probably, let's put a halt to the T-Mac can't defend stuff. Rick Carlisle fields good defensive teams.

TheSauceMaster
06-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Product endorsements. That's what makes a superstar. In particular, Nike. If an athlete finds himself in a Nike commercial, chances are he's achieved or is close to achieving superstar status. Ergo, Tracy McGrady is a superstar.

I guess Lebron James was NBA superstar then before he played 1 game , according to your statement ;)

bulletproof
06-21-2004, 01:45 AM

I guess Lebron James was NBA superstar then before he played 1 game , according to your statement ;)

According to the media he already was, no?

Anthem
06-21-2004, 01:54 AM
You're asking if we really want TMac for Ron and Croshere? That's just plain nutsy.

If Orlando offers us that trade, and we don't take it, I'll probably do something I'd later regret.

At a minimum, we'd lose two of our three small forwards. Orlando wants the best two. You think they'd take Croshere instead?

Nutsy.