PDA

View Full Version : Hill

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:38 PM
would any of you guys consider hill in a deal involving t-mac if say we sent the magic pollard and cro. all of those contracts run through 2007 so it's not like we're losing cap relief. cro and pollard were pretty much a null this season. i feel hill has healed finally, i have heard they have finally found and fixed the siuation. something about realigning his bone. anyways, would it be worth the risk to you. hill could be a great vet for this team and he could definitely give us some PT at the point.

how about harrington, artest, cro, pollard, and freddie for t-mac, hill, and gooden.

tinsley/hill/aj
t-mac/reggie
bender/hill
j.o./gooden
foster/j.o.

i think it works cap wise as long as it is done after june 30th when BYC is taken off al and artest.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Orlando has repeatedly turned down offers for hill so far. At this point, I cant blame them. They'd look awfully stupid if they waited 4 years for him to get healthy and dealt him the second he was able to play again.

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:44 PM
who has shown interest in hill???? i obviously don't think he will ever be the same and ever have that explosive first step. i still think he could be a great leader, passer, and sometimes a scorer. if he gets the minutes he did for the pistons i could see him as a guy capable of 14, 5, and 5. i would think the magic would die for us to take that contract away from them, especially if we give bigs like pollard and cro in return.....the magic really need some big bodies. it might just be the key for us to get t-mac.

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:46 PM
hill could also be a great tudor for bender.....their game is somewhat similar....and i always thought that hill had one of the best basketball IQ's, which is the main thing bender is lacking.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
who has shown interest in hill???? i obviously don't think he will ever be the same and ever have that explosive first step. i still think he could be a great leader, passer, and sometimes a scorer. if he gets the minutes he did for the pistons i could see him as a guy capable of 14, 5, and 5. i would think the magic would die for us to take that contract away from them, especially if we give bigs like pollard and cro in return.....the magic really need some big bodies. it might just be the key for us to get t-mac.

Just that the magic have made it public that they've recieved offers for hill and aren't taking them.

They've already paid out more than half Hill's salary, He's ALREADY stolen a fortune from them, they may as well get SOMETHING for their money.

And once again, I believe it would be very bad PR for the Magic to dump hill at this point.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
hill could also be a great tudor for bender.....their game is somewhat similar....and i always thought that hill had one of the best basketball IQ's, which is the main thing bender is lacking.

As someone who watched Hill for 6 seasons, That couldnt be farther from the truth. They're both forwards that can handle the ball, but thats where it ends.

Bender probably shoots better from 30 feet than Hill does from 15.

Hill could probably pass better with a blindfold on than Bender if you gave him radar.

Hill also has a very keen nose for rebounding, something Bender seems to show no interest in.

SpADeD
06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
How many times has he been "healed" and been able to "play" exactly? He won't be the same player, he has not played in an NBA game consistantly in the past 4 years.

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:53 PM
the magic are pretty could at keeping that topic hush hush. if i were a magic fan i would be pissed and want him out. he could use a fresh start. maybe i am just dreaming. imagine a grant hill that was 75% the way he was before AND t-mac. we would be unstoppable. as for hill's contract.......i know it kinda restricts the magic's cap but i don't think they lose any money b/c insurance picks up his salary. the only negatives are that they have a smaller cap.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 11:54 PM
How many times has he been "healed" and been able to "play" exactly? He won't be the same player, he has not played in an NBA game consistantly in the past 4 years.

No, but he said that if he cant go this year he'll retire rather than having further surgury, which leads me to believe he really thinks he can play now.

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:56 PM
from what i have heard, hill's injury kept reoccuring b/c a bone in his heal had twisted in the injury. the doctors kept missing this while fixing his ankle. the twisted heal kept the ankle from healing properly. i have heard that they broke the heal and realigned it properly. from what i have heard, he has recovered pretty well. i expect him to play most of this season but yes, like you said, he won't be the same grant hill. i think he will be good for 14, 5, and 5 if given 30 minutes a night.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 11:57 PM
the magic are pretty could at keeping that topic hush hush. if i were a magic fan i would be pissed and want him out. he could use a fresh start. maybe i am just dreaming. imagine a grant hill that was 75% the way he was before AND t-mac. we would be unstoppable. as for hill's contract.......i know it kinda restricts the magic's cap but i don't think they lose any money b/c insurance picks up his salary. the only negatives are that they have a smaller cap.

:laugh: :laugh:

I think its safe to say Orlando wont package Hill AND TMac in a single trade.....and definately not to a team in the EAST.

What exactly does Hill need a fresh start from? He's played how many games in Orlando, 20? :laugh:

You seem to think Hill can be %75 of what he once was. So does Orlando. At this point, they want SOMETHING back for all the money theyve given him.

Not to mention it would be the ultimate embarrassment if they dumped him now and it turned out that he really WAS healthy enough to play.......

purdue101
06-19-2004, 11:59 PM
the only good thing about his injury is that if it heals right, he can come back very strong. ankle injuries, if healed properly, aren't gonna ruin your career. it's knee injuries that prevent you from coming back. once you have a major knee injury, you're never gonna be close to the same. look at penny and mcdyess. harrington is the only guy i know who recovered from a major knee injury well.

purdue101
06-20-2004, 12:01 AM
if the magic are rebuiliding, which i think they are, do they want to hold on to a 30 + yr old vet???? who knows, it was just a thought and i would be happy to see him here in return for cro and pollard.

purdue101
06-20-2004, 12:03 AM
the magic haven't given hill a penny, insurance has picked up all of that. every team has insurance so that if a player can't play a season, the policy picks up the salary. like i said, the only way hill has hurt the magic has been by the fact that his salary goes against the cap which prevents them signing FA's. insurance picks up the actual salary though.

Kstat
06-20-2004, 12:03 AM
if the magic are rebuiliding, which i think they are, do they want to hold on to a 30 + yr old vet???? who knows, it was just a thought and i would be happy to see him here in return for cro and pollard.

Well, if theyre rebuilding, why in gods name would they want indiana's garbage?

They're holding on to him right now because if they dealt him to another team for nothing and he returned to form, all 25 magic fans would scale the TD Waterhouse walls and hang Wiesbroad and the entire front office.

If a team were to make a great offer for hill (very unlikely), I think they'd do it, but no way do they just DUMP the guy for nothing except cap room.

SpADeD
06-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I would TRUELY want to see him able to come back and become the player he was, but I just don't think he will be the player was, but it could be a toss-up after his first season back. He is such a nice guy (NBA wise), but he hasn't been playing competitive and professional wise for 4 years, he will have a lot of rust. But hey, he could prove me wrong and be a superstar his 1st year back, I guess it's a have to see it thing that you have to wait on, so no one can really tell at this point.

I'll just shup up now.:dunce:

SpADeD
06-20-2004, 12:26 AM

Yea, they aren't going to trade Hill for Cro & Pollard. But he may come packaged if he came with T-Mac for some young & proven tallent (Harrington/Artest and possibily Bender or Fred Jones) for the rebuilding process. They will probably only trade him if there is a good offer on the table, the Magic don't want to look dumb investing so much money on Hill to just trade him for nothing.

Kstat
06-20-2004, 12:30 AM

Yea, they aren't going to trade Hill for Cro & Pollard. But he may come packaged if he came with T-Mac for some young & proven tallent (Harrington/Artest and possibily Bender or Fred Jones) for the rebuilding process. They will probably only trade him if there is a good offer on the table, the Magic don't want to look dumb investing so much money on Hill to just trade him for nothing.

Not to mention that Hill would be in ADDITION to TMac. Youd have to trade youre entire ROSTER aside from JO to be able to get Orlando to throw Hill in.

TheSauceMaster
06-20-2004, 03:02 AM
who has shown interest in hill????

Atleast 5 teams have inquired about Grant Hill's services in the past week according to the Magic.

wintermute
06-21-2004, 05:05 AM
hill's contract is actually quite attractive to many teams right now. if he still can't play next season (feb i think), the 2 year period after the injury first occurred expires, he retires and his contract comes off the books. that's major cap space.

and oh, grant hill has to play over 15-20 games to be considered "uninjured", if he can play more than that then he may actually be useful on the court. it's not likely though, i think that retirement is most probable for hill.

one more thing, insurance only covers 80% of hill's contract. the remaining 20% may not sound like much, but 20% of $100M+ is still a big chunk of change.