PDA

View Full Version : Houston TV rumor was bull**** :)

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:53 PM
UB, that guy is not a reliable source. He's a troll who put that post in a lot of places.

Last night you ran a thread on some idiot from Orlando who claimed a TV station said a Houston deal for McGrady was finalized. Isn't it funny that no one in Houston heard the TV report.

We all need to get a grip on reality.

Do you honestly think a competent exec for a pro franchise would robo a fax of this magnitude to media outlets and tell them to hold release of a blockbuster trade until Tuesday. Doesn't work that way. The whole idea that this guy has some kind of credibility is goofy.

We all took it hook, line, and sinker. :laugh:

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:55 PM
UB, that guy is not a reliable source. He's a troll who put that post in a lot of places.

Last night you ran a thread on some idiot from Orlando who claimed a TV station said a Houston deal for McGrady was finalized. Isn't it funny that no one in Houston heard the TV report.

We all need to get a grip on reality.

Do you honestly think a competent exec for a pro franchise would robo a fax of this magnitude to media outlets and tell them to hold release of a blockbuster trade until Tuesday. Doesn't work that way. The whole idea that this guy has some kind of credibility is goofy.

I said I didn't buy it :p, but I was a bit skeptical about our chances of getting T-Mac because of the rumors that Houston was his first choice.

We're not out of the running yet. :cool:

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:56 PM
I meant "we all" in the general sense. :) I know you, Sauce, and some others didn't.

I sure did. :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 05:56 PM
and who is sixthman again ? no one just a fan , he makes no decisions and only assumes , so he's as crediable as these rumors.

Nuff said ;)

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:58 PM
and who is sixthman again ? no one just a fan , he makes no decisions and only assumes , so he's as crediable as these rumors.

Nuff said ;)

No, sixthman has been an established, solid poster among us for years on end. I 100% believe him. He goes back to our IndyStar days. So if he says the guy's a troll, I definitely believe him. He goes to RealGM a lot; he'd know.

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 05:59 PM

I haven't taken anything seriously except when Walsh said he had talked to Orlando about McGrady. And that's the only part, because he admits he lies at this time of year.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 06:04 PM

Nuff said ;)

No, sixthman has been an established, solid poster among us for years on end. I 100% believe him. He goes back to our IndyStar days. So if he says the guy's a troll, I definitely believe him. He goes to RealGM a lot; he'd know.

How does assuming the obvious make you crediable ? :laugh:

Hicks
06-19-2004, 06:07 PM

Nuff said ;)

1) I know sixthman wouldn't lie

2) I know sixthman frequently surfs the RealGM forum, so he'd know who and who isn't a troll

3) trolls on RealGM (i also surf there) are all about making **** up

Just connecting the pieces. It's bogus.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 06:08 PM
oh and

4) No one in Houston can confirm this, including the masses (15,000+ members) who dwell on the Rockets' biggest fan forum, ClutchCity. NONE can confirm what was said. It's crap. :)

Shade
06-19-2004, 06:09 PM

Nuff said ;)

1) I know sixthman wouldn't lie

2) I know sixthman frequently surfs the RealGM forum, so he'd know who and who isn't a troll

3) trolls on RealGM (i also surf there) are all about making **** up

Just connecting the pieces. It's bogus.

Not to mention that Rockets fans haven't even heard this supposed TV announcement.

EDIT - I may be older and wiser, but Hicks is still faster. :neutral: ;)

SoupIsGood
06-19-2004, 06:47 PM
For some reason i am banne on realgm, even tho ive never been there. This seems odd to me. Is some fool out there with a near identical IP address as me?

JOneal7
06-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Does this do it for you? weisbrod was interviewed this morning after Dwights run down at rdv...he said "The Tmac rumors are mostly inaccurate"
:)!

sweabs
06-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Does this do it for you? weisbrod was interviewed this morning after Dwights run down at rdv...he said "The Tmac rumors are mostly inaccurate"
:)!

Well there have still been rumours involving the Pacers...

sixthman
06-19-2004, 09:03 PM
We all know it's still possible T-Mac could wind up in Houston. Or Phoenix. Or Indiana. Or, anywhere else where a team could put together a strong offer. But, I believe Weisbrook, or whatever the Magic boss's name is, when he infers nothing has been determined yet.

Right now, I'd imagine, the Magic are trying to figure out how to put T-Mac and Shaq on the same team in Orlando. Hopefully they'll quickly conclude that option is just not in the cards right now.

This is exciting as hell.

I think we are still interested in McGrady and in the running.

Shade
06-19-2004, 09:09 PM
We all know it's still possible T-Mac could wind up in Houston. Or Phoenix. Or Indiana. Or, anywhere else where a team could put together a strong offer. But, I believe Weisbrook, or whatever the Magic boss's name is, when he infers nothing has been determined yet.

Right now, I'd imagine, the Magic are trying to figure out how to put T-Mac and Shaq on the same team in Orlando. Hopefully they'll quickly conclude that option is just not in the cards right now.

This is exciting as hell.

I think we are still interested in McGrady and in the running.

Yeah, but they won't get Shaq w/o giving up the #1 pick. There just isn't much else Orlando can offer LA for Shaq, but they'd probably take some garbage to get Okafor.