PDA

View Full Version : If we don't get T-Mac, we should...

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:18 PM
1) Trade Al, Bender, AJ, Pollard, and Brezec/JJones (if not taken by Charlotte) for a starting-cailber SG and C
2) Sign Bruce Bowen and Derek Fisher

C - [???]/Foster
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen
SG - [???]/Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tinsley/Fisher

:nod:

Kstat
06-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Artest and Bowen is very redundant. Not to mention Bowen is going to want to start wherever he goes.

I aslo dont see any available NBA centers out these that you would want for the people you listed.

Maybe Maglore, but I doubt New Orleans wants to trade him.

Steveman
06-19-2004, 05:23 PM
1) Trade Al, Bender, AJ, Pollard, and Brezec/JJones (if not taken by Charlotte) for a starting-cailber SG and C

C - [???]/Foster
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen
PG - Tinsley/Fisher

C - [Dampier]/Foster
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen
SG - [Paul Pierce]/Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tinsley/Fisher

:D

MSA2CF
06-19-2004, 05:25 PM
...Outrageous comments...

Okay Scott, enough of your trade ideas. You've had your chances already.

This will not happen.

The Pacers won 61 games in the regular season and are not going to disassemble themselves after being so close to the Finals.

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:31 PM

C - [???]/Foster
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen
PG - Tinsley/Fisher

C - [Dampier]/Foster
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen
SG - [Paul Pierce]/Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tinsley/Fisher

:D

Indiana gets: Paul Pierce, Erik Dampier
Boston gets: Al Harrington, Scot Pollard
Golden State gets: Jonathan Bender, Anthony Johnson, Primoz Brezec

:devil:

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:33 PM

This will not happen.

The Pacers won 61 games in the regular season and are not going to disassemble themselves after being so close to the Finals.

:confused:

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Pierce and Blount baby, Pierce and Blount lol

MSA2CF
06-19-2004, 05:37 PM

oOo. Trivia Question!

Who did Isiah Thomas replace as GM of the NYK?

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:43 PM

oOo. Trivia Question!

Who did Isiah Thomas replace as GM of the NYK?

:unimpressed:

You don't think we could be in a three-way that gets us a decent C and SG if we put Al and Bender on the table?

Bowen would make the 3-spot a defensive stranglehold, and Fisher adds offense at the 1. Not to mention the offense we'd get from the new 2. :shrug:

Steveman
06-19-2004, 05:45 PM

That works for me too ;) I believe we can get Pierce and a quality big without sacrificing JO, Ron or Tins.

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:50 PM

That works for me too ;) I believe we can get Pierce and a quality big without sacrificing JO, Ron or Tins.

Al and Bender for Pierce and Blount, then sign Fisher and Bowen?

C - Blount/Foster/Pollard/Brezec
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Artest/Bowen/JJones
SG - Pierce/Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tinsley/Fisher/AJ

Looks really solid to me. :)

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Shade, no way do we sign Bowen. :)

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I think we need to gather all the sharp objects , block off all bridges and high buildings , looks like half of the people here will kill themselves if Tmac doesn't come our way :laugh:

Hoop
06-19-2004, 07:07 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here also.

I don't get some of you guys fascination with Bowen, he's not in the same league as Ron or Ben as a defender IMO and certainly not in the same universe as a player.

You could put alot of players in Bowens spot at SA and they would do just as good or better. He has no responsibly to their team other than staying with his own man. He's had Duncan and Robinson covering his back for 2 of the last 3 years. Ron and Ben are called on to do MUCH more for there teams.

When he was with Miami, Boston, Philly and again Miami nobody was saying he was a "great" defender. He was known as a "good" defender then, because he sucked at everything else. After he went to SA he suddenly became a defensive stud, I think SA's team D had something to do with that. Ron was known as great defender even when he was with one of the worst teams in the league.

Bowens stats 03-04:
Pts - Reb - blks - stls - ast
6.9 - 3.1 - .40 - 1.02 - 1.4 :puke:

MSA2CF
06-19-2004, 07:14 PM
You don't think we could be in a three-way that gets us a decent C and SG if we put Al and Bender on the table?

Bowen would make the 3-spot a defensive stranglehold, and Fisher adds offense at the 1. Not to mention the offense we'd get from the new 2. :shrug:

Key word you used: could

Yes, I believe we could, but we won't. History has proven that Donnie will not, for the most part, shake up the Pacers' roster after a season on the brink. When was the last time he signed anyone of bigger name status? I just don't think these ideas will come to fruition.

canyoufeelit
06-19-2004, 10:02 PM
You guys are overrating Fisher way too much just because of that miracle shot he made. He's a PG who can't handle the ball and can't finish around the basket... only thing he can do is knock down open jumpshots. Bruce Bowen is a marginal player besides his defensive prowess, and we have this fella by the name of Ron Artest already.

But I like Harrington + Bender + Croshere/Pollard/whoever for Paul Pierce. That is a sexy trade right there.

Shade
06-19-2004, 10:44 PM
You guys are overrating Fisher way too much just because of that miracle shot he made. He's a PG who can't handle the ball and can't finish around the basket... only thing he can do is knock down open jumpshots. Bruce Bowen is a marginal player besides his defensive prowess, and we have this fella by the name of Ron Artest already.

But I like Harrington + Bender + Croshere/Pollard/whoever for Paul Pierce. That is a sexy trade right there.

So then...Fisher is AJ with a jumper. I'll take it.

Steveman
06-20-2004, 01:21 AM

Key word you used: could

Yes, I believe we could, but we won't. History has proven that Donnie will not, for the most part, shake up the Pacers' roster after a season on the brink. When was the last time he signed anyone of bigger name status? I just don't think these ideas will come to fruition.

Normally I'd agree, and I agree that all this T-Mac and Shaq talk is just a smoke screen. However, there is just too much talk going on in management, in other words, we aren't getting the usual (same ole) company line. Al, Ron, or both are going to be traded ... you can take that to the bank ;)

BTW, trading Al and Pollard (or other change) to get help at SG is not what I would call a "shake up". And I truly believe we can get Pierce without sacrificing JO, Ron, or Tins.

King Mob
06-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Maybe I just don't follow the NBA enough. I don't see why Boston would trade the guy they're apparently going to build around for a very good player (Al) and crap like Bender and/or Pollard. What's in it for Boston?

MSA2CF
06-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Maybe I just don't follow the NBA enough. I don't see why Boston would trade the guy they're apparently going to build around for a very good player (Al) and crap like Bender and/or Pollard. What's in it for Boston?

Look what you've done! You've done gone and hurt my feelings! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MSA2CF
06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Seriously though, I am emotionally scarred that you would call my guys crap. What's in it for Boston? Potential. And Danny Ainge just doesn't seem to know what he's supposed to be doing.

King Mob
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree with the second half. I just don't see much potential in Bender after 5 years in the league. The fact that the Pacers drafted an SG last year seems to bear that out. Doesn't Jones play more minutes than Bender?
And what would Boston do with Ricky Davis?

MSA2CF
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
I just don't see much potential in Bender after 5 years in the league.

You don't see the potential? :o Well, from what I saw this year (granted, it was limited action), Bender was spectacular. Point Per Minute Bender was actually realistic. If you saw the game versus Utah (I think) at home, he was magnificent at the end of the first half.

King Mob
06-20-2004, 08:22 PM
I just see him going the way of Darius Miles rather than JO. I can't see how he has much trade value.