PDA

View Full Version : Rockets not interested in T-Mac trade?

Shade
06-19-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't know how legit this is, but... (http://www.hoopdynasty.com/LatestNews.htm)

Reports have confirmed that the Golden State Warriors have contacted Magic's GM, Weisbrod, about the availability of superstar, Tracy McGrady, who made it clear yesterday that he wants out of Orlando.

Rumors have been flying around that Phoenix, Houston, and Indiana are the top-runners. Houston and Phoenix do not plan on offering a trade to Orlando, but Orlando has already offered a trade to both of those teams.

To Houston, Orlando has offered McGrady, forward Juwan Howard and Andrew Declerq for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and a big man possibly Kelvin Cato. The Rockets do not plan on making that trade, nor countering that offer.

On the other hand, the Phoenix Suns were offered on the night of June 18th, a proposal of Tracy McGrady, and Drew Gooden for Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, and the #7 overall pick. The Suns refused that offer, and don't plan on trading Stoudemire.

Out of the Rockets, Suns, and Pacers the most interested team seems to be the Indiana Pacers, who have a lot to offer. The Pacers are willing to trade up Al Harrington, Johnathon Bender, Ron Artest, and might have to throw in Fred Jones to Orlando for Tracy McGrady, Andrew DeClerq, and future considerations. The Magic have been pondering about this deal, but it may backfire and end up having a log jam at the Small Forward position.

Believe it or not, the Golden State Warriors are the leading candidate for the McGrady sweepstakes, according to an Orlando Magic official. The Warriors are offering Jason Richardson, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Clifford Robinson, and their #11 overall pick to Orlando for Tracy McGrady, and the #37 overall pick(via Pho).

Wiesbrod, who is in the middle of the confusion on who to draft, Connecticut star Emeka Okafor, or prep star Dwight Howard?

According to sources, a deal involving McGrady is supposed to be made on draft night, June 24th.

T-Mac a Warrior? I don't see it. :hmm:

Hoop
06-19-2004, 04:51 PM
I read that earlier today, I doubt that site has any credibility at all. The forum on that site has a total of about 20 posts.

ROCislandWarrior
06-19-2004, 04:51 PM
There are so many freakin' Tmac rumors...I am taking a NEW stance.

I was so excited when I heard we were going for him...then I felt really sad yesterday when I heard all this talk about the Rockets.

Now I am not going to listen to anyone. I will just wait and see.

If any of you need me, I will be in my brand new Temple-o-Tmac praying.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Now I am not going to listen to anyone. I will just wait and see.

This is the best thing too do ;)

Steveman
06-19-2004, 04:54 PM
The Pacers are willing to trade up Al Harrington, Johnathon Bender, Ron Artest, and might have to throw in Fred Jones to Orlando for Tracy McGrady, Andrew DeClerq, and future considerations.[/b]

I don't know if the Magic will get a better offer than this. BTW, I'm sure they would start both Ron and Al at the foward spots. Add a good center and that is a formidable front line.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 04:56 PM
.... Johnathon Bender, ....

:unimpressed:

Young
06-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Best new i've heard all day.

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:22 PM

I'd keep him over Al. A starting line-up with three legit shot-blockers in JO, T-Mac, and Bender? :signit: :nod:

Snickers
06-19-2004, 05:29 PM

I'd keep him over Al. A starting line-up with three legit shot-blockers in JO, T-Mac, and Bender? :signit: :nod:

The :unimpressed: was for an assumedly reliable source misspelling "Jonathan" by 3 letters.

But I'd keep him over Al too.

Shade
06-19-2004, 05:34 PM

The :unimpressed: was for an assumedly reliable source misspelling "Jonathan" by 3 letters.

But I'd keep him over Al too.

Oh. :laugh:

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 05:52 PM
The Pacers are willing to trade up Al Harrington, Johnathon Bender, Ron Artest, and might have to throw in Fred Jones to Orlando for Tracy McGrady, Andrew DeClerq, and future considerations.[/b]

I don't know if the Magic will get a better offer than this. BTW, I'm sure they would start both Ron and Al at the foward spots. Add a good center and that is a formidable front line.

They won't get that offer from the Pacer's either. Remember Walsh was talking about send TWO Pacer's. Everything since then has been rumor.