PDA

View Full Version : If you believe this guy the Rockets and Magic deal is official

Unclebuck
06-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I think this was mentioned in a long thread, but there was not a link. I guess I tend to believe this

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=244945

"My fiance is a executive receptionist(secretary) for 610am radio (Houston based) . Says fax came in for Charlie and that the deal WILL be announced TUESDAY . Before the draft. Why I have no idea. Im not an expert on these matters. I already emailed Jeff Balke and Clutch but they told me since I wont tell them my fiances name(she could get fired if I do tell) that I cant post the inside info there YET, and they also dont want to compromise the deal but the good news for me is that they said they will give me "credit for the inside info" when Tuesday hits. Anyways, I hope she doesnt get in trouble ..Please forgive her Rich and Charlie.

Oh did I mentian that one of the "lakers" will be in a rocket uni also. I guarantee it........Not Shaq or Kobe, so you take a guess."

Hicks
06-19-2004, 01:21 PM
I wonder if he means Fisher?

Snickers
06-19-2004, 01:21 PM
One of the Lakers.... Fisher? They could use another guard now that they traded away their starting backcourt.

efx
06-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Probably Fisher then.

Ant
06-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Could be Gary Payton also

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Could be Gary Payton also

yep exacly what I was thinking :P

Roaming Gnome
06-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Sounds like he is blowing smoke up someones arse to me...

Pacer4fun
06-19-2004, 04:28 PM
It says Sunday June 20th, 1:AM? where are you posting from, inside a time warp?

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 04:29 PM
This is not the first report I have heard of saying it will be tuesday when it's announced. Tmac has always said since day 1 , he would like to play and goto the Rockets as his first choice.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 04:32 PM
It says Sunday June 20th, 1:AM? where are you posting from, inside a time warp?

you have yourtime set right ? Says to me I posted Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:24 pm

sixthman
06-19-2004, 04:32 PM
UB, that guy is not a reliable source. He's a troll who put that post in a lot of places.

Last night you ran a thread on some idiot from Orlando who claimed a TV station said a Houston deal for McGrady was finalized. Isn't it funny that no one in Houston heard the TV report.

We all need to get a grip on reality.

Do you honestly think a competent exec for a pro franchise would robo a fax of this magnitude to media outlets and tell them to hold release of a blockbuster trade until Tuesday. Doesn't work that way. The whole idea that this guy has some kind of credibility is goofy.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you sixthman for revealing the truth.

I find it hilarious we all took what the troll spread around hook, line, and sinker. :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 05:54 PM
I took nothing , I take everything I hear pretty much with a grain of salt , until I see ink drying on contracts it's all the offseason hype as usual , when will people learn that a majority of what's floating around is B.S :laugh: