PDA

View Full Version : SHAQ & T-MAC TO THE PACERS!

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I've heard that the Simons are going for broke and disinheriting their children to bring Shaq & T-Mac to the Pacers. They realize they don't have many years left to win a championship, so they've opened up their vault and told Donnie and Larry, "Do whatever it takes..."

Tinsley
McGrady
Artest
JO
Shaq

Say hello to the 2005 NBA World Champion Innnnndiana Paaaaaacers!!! :dance: :unimpressed:

In case you didn't notice, I'm tiring of all the rumors.

Pacer4fun
06-19-2004, 10:22 AM
It is time wake up, you are dreaming. "Hearing" shouldn't include the rumors you hear on these boards. We might be in the running for T-Mac but Shaq to the Pacers isn't being talked about anywhere but here. But it is nice to dream isn't it.

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 10:29 AM
It is time wake up, you are dreaming. "Hearing" shouldn't include the rumors you hear on these boards. We might be in the running for T-Mac but Shaq to the Pacers isn't being talked about anywhere but here. But it is nice to dream isn't it.

:unimpressed:

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 10:30 AM

Actually an LA paper started it.

MagicRat
06-19-2004, 10:33 AM

Is that because nobody is going with your little birdy's Paul Pierce rumor?......

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 10:41 AM

Is that because nobody is going with your little birdy's Paul Pierce rumor?......

Nope, not at all. ;)

Bball
06-19-2004, 10:43 AM

I'm going with the Paul Pierce 'rumor'. It makes sense in a 'Pacer' kind of way. Just slightly off the radar. A scorer. An assassin on the court. A Celtic and we have ties to the Celts now... and Danny Ainge seems like he might make some stange moves from the fans' point of view.

-Bball.

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 10:49 AM

I'm going with the Paul Pierce 'rumor'. It makes sense in a 'Pacer' kind of way. Just slightly off the radar. A scorer. An assassin on the court. A Celtic and we have ties to the Celts now... and Danny Ainge seems like he might make some stange moves from the fans' point of view.

-Bball.

I also think it's typical of Walsh to wave around his left hand as a distraction, then pull something completely unexpected out from behind his back with his right.

able
06-19-2004, 10:53 AM

-Bball.

I also think it's typical of Walsh to wave around his left hand as a distraction, then pull something completely unexpected out from behind his back with his right.

Add to that the usual deafening silence, the no need to dismantle the team wisdom and what do you get ?

"suspension" and it's irritating the %$! out of me :D

MSA2CF
06-19-2004, 11:24 AM
I wonder if Paul would stop shooting so much if he were to come to Indiana. :plot:

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 11:33 AM
I wonder if Paul would stop shooting so much if he were to come to Indiana. :plot:

I think when a good player is on a team with limited scoring options and glaring weaknesses in certain positions, it only makes sense that they overcompensate for that and feel compelled to take over.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Donnie is pulling the Wool over our Eyes , He's gonna pull a shocker trade , Donnie the king of say one thing and I'll do another Walsh :laugh:

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:30 PM

-Bball.

Agreed with both of you.

Anthem
06-19-2004, 01:04 PM
If we make a deal for Pierce, I hope Blount comes along as part of a S&T.

Steveman
06-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I agree, all this T-Mac and Shaq talk is just a smoke screen. We'll end up with something like Paul Pierce or Ray Allen and get to keep Ron and JO ... which would be excellent :D

Hoop
06-19-2004, 05:23 PM

I haven't cared much for Paul's game since he's been in the NBA. But, in college he was known for being a great all around player, not just a scorer. He was not a gun in college, maybe with the right coach and teammates he could be that player again.

No way I would want Artest involved in a Pierce deal though, I could live with trading Ron + whoever for T-Mac, but not Pierce. I'd love to get Blount from them too.

MagicRat
06-19-2004, 05:56 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/dwmagician.jpg

Hicks
06-19-2004, 05:57 PM

Oh Jesus that's funny!

:rotflmao:

Shade
06-19-2004, 06:23 PM

Oh Jesus that's funny!

:rotflmao:

Nice to see that Rat's award is not affecting his performance. :laugh:

SoupIsGood
06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
shaq's salary is so amazingly high, besides buy toilet paper, what does one do with that much money?

Ultimate Frisbee
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=1824810

I can't copy the text for some reason, but i'll type out the interesting parts:

"Since Detroit won't be in a rush to break up a championship squad with ring-winning chemistry, expect to hear Indiana mentioned as a possible destination, give the Pacers' abundance of blossoming talent. It seems far more likely, though, that Indiana would try to acquire McGrady to pair him with Jermiane O'Neal as opposed to jumping into the Shaq Sweepstakes."

But... can you imagine an O'Neal, O'Neal frontcourt?

SpADeD
06-19-2004, 10:15 PM
shaq's salary is so amazingly high, besides buy toilet paper, what does one do with that much money?

http://www.georgehowe.com/images/Candy/nestlecrunchminis-lge.jpg

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 10:26 PM

:ROTFLMAO:

Holy cow man. Amazing. Who are all the people on the cards? I see Tracy and Paul

MagicRat
06-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Who are all the people on the cards? I see Tracy and Paul

L to R - Al, Ron, TMac, PP

bulletproof
06-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Who are all the people on the cards? I see Tracy and Paul

L to R - Al, Ron, TMac, PP

Donnie looks way too thin.