PDA

View Full Version : Any help from waivers' wire?

FinPacers
10-24-2008, 07:15 AM
I am aware that our roster is now basically set for the starting of the season with 15 players (league's maximum) under contract.

I would dare to declare 10 of those players (Ford, Jack, Daniels, Rush, Dunleavy, Granger, Murphy, Foster, Nesterovic and Hibbert) are rotation players while Diener, Graham, Baston and McRoberts are mainly battling for the remaining bench spots and Tinsley is just waiting to be moved elsewhere.

My question is could we get some real help from free agency?

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

As we know many teams have made waives recently and by now there are plenty of free agents waiting for to be picked up. Should we take a look at the waiver wire to see who would be a good fit?

Let's say for example either Ford, Jack or Nesterovic gets injured and all of a sudden we are quite thin in their respective positions (PG and C)?

In that case, should we make a deal in order to reshape our roster - or alternatively, who would we like to pick up from the waiver wire?

Mourning
10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Well partially offcourse depends what we get in return for Jamaal.

I'm pretty happy with the roster as it is set now though.

MillerTime
10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Weren't the Pacers interested in Elton Brown at one point? Hes a FA.

count55
10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I would think that the only FA type acquisition we might make would be to pick up another PG pending Travis' return.

On the whole, however, I see that as a band aid, not a serious opportunity to improve the team.

Justin Tyme
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
So far from the cuts I've seen there is no one that that is worth cutting a guaranteed contract to get. You have to remember 29 other team are looking too.

Smoothdave1
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Pacers will most likely not sign any f/a for the simple fact that they would have to cut a guaranteed deal o do so. While there was interest in a pg until Diener came back, Marquis played some 1 in Dallas and could be an emergency pg (worst case scenario).

mildlysane
10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
ALOT of ex-Pacers on the FA list.

Jonathan
10-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I think the best player available is Mickel Gelabale but he is a forward. I would not mind us picking up Lindsey Hunter if Travis Diener is injured for more PG depth but we will probably have Q6 fill the need till Diener gets healthy. Did David Harrison get cut?

Speed
10-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Did David Harrison get cut?

Yep,

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/2008/10/23/7183961-ap.html

MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves waived forward Chris Richard, guard Blake Ahearn and centre David Harrison before Thursday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Richard, the team's second round pick in 2007, appeared in 52 games last season and averaged 11.6 minutes. Richard and current Timberwolves swingman Corey Brewer helped lead the Florida Gators to back-to-back NCAA titles in 2005-06 and '06-07.

Ahearn lost a battle for the team's final guard spot to Kevin Ollie, and Harrison missed all of the pre-season with a calf injury.

------

Amsterdam Admirals here he comes!!!!!

McKeyFan
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
That Hulk info deserves its own thread. Coming up.

dal9
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
New Jersey waives Eddie Gill, Brian Hamilton, Julius Hodge and Keith Van Horn.

1) Well we have our #3 PG available...
2) KVH was still in the league?!

count55
10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
New Jersey waives Eddie Gill, Brian Hamilton, Julius Hodge and Keith Van Horn.

1) Well we have our #3 PG available...
2) KVH was still in the league?!

He was filler in the Kidd trade.

Mourning
10-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Yep,

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/2008/10/23/7183961-ap.html

MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves waived forward Chris Richard, guard Blake Ahearn and centre David Harrison before Thursday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Richard, the team's second round pick in 2007, appeared in 52 games last season and averaged 11.6 minutes. Richard and current Timberwolves swingman Corey Brewer helped lead the Florida Gators to back-to-back NCAA titles in 2005-06 and '06-07.

Ahearn lost a battle for the team's final guard spot to Kevin Ollie, and Harrison missed all of the pre-season with a calf injury.

------

Amsterdam Admirals here he comes!!!!!

God, please!!! NO!!!!! :cry: :alcohol: And am I GLAD the Admirals are an American Football team and not a Basketball team!!! :bowdown:

PacerGuy
10-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Clev really seemed to like the scoring & playmaking of Ronald Dupree. While I only know what I've read, & while I'm sure a vet would be our first choice, if we did look @ adding another PG, he could be something to look at.

Chances are, w/ 15 guarentees, I don't think we make any moves unless it's a trade.

Raoul Duke
10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Larry could get the 8000th coming of himself in Luke Jackson...FINALLY

10-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Stoudamire! Seriously? I know he is getting old, or that he IS old, but I think he would be an incredible third option. I know that we have Travis, but I think Damon could really be a big addition. There's also the other Stoudamire. He played for AZ if I remember right. He could also be a nice pick up at the point. I know we are deep there, but the pt always seems to get beat up in these up tempo systems.