PDA

View Full Version : NBA POWER RANKINGS SI.COM HE HAS THE PACERS IN THE 16 PLACE

vnzla81
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Indiana Pacers
As part of a needed housecleaning, president Larry Bird traded O'Neal for T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic and rookie center Roy Hibbert. The cat-quick Ford should thrive in Jim O'Brien's up-tempo offense along with Mike Dunleavy, Danny Granger and Troy Murphy. If Nesterovic, Hibbert and veteran Jeff Foster can provide a consistent defensive presence in the middle, the Pacers could be a surprise playoff team in the East.

I DON'T THINK THE ARE GOING TO FINISH THIS HIGH.WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Shade
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I think your CAPS LOCK button is stuck.

;)

jeffg-body
10-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I think they will sneak into the playoff picture toward the end of the year after there is some real chemistry built. We have a lot of new faces so it will take some time to get acclimated to each other.

heywoode
10-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I think they will make the playoffs in the weak East. It will take some time to get in a groove as a team, but I am more excited about the talent level of this team than I have been since Reggie left.

I am a believer this season, baby!

PACERS IN THE PLAYOFFS, 2008-09.

BANK IT.

Will Galen
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
They are going to surprise the snot out of a lot people. I think they will be in a battle for home court advantage in the east.

kester99
10-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/10/23/preseason/index.html?eref=T1

I think the East rankings are plausible. I might put ATL in front of us, and Toronto behind us. At this point, when we don't know what injuries are going to affect who, on which team, I'd say 7 or 8 in the East isn't hard to picture.

Pacers4Life
10-23-2008, 11:32 PM
it doesn't even mention rush...so i take away a lot of credibility it has to me away right there. I love the pacers and i believe in what we're doing...6th place in the east and Danny and Mike have career years again

Knucklehead Warrior
10-23-2008, 11:50 PM
4 more wins than last year would probably do it.

idioteque
10-23-2008, 11:50 PM
6TH IN THE EAST FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF LOSS TO THE PISTONS ;)

Pacers
10-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Did you steal that from me in the predictions thread? :)

dohman
10-24-2008, 02:07 AM
We barely missed the playoffs last year without a Starting PG and we didnt have our 20m dollar a year big man half the season.

This year we take our dead weight and turn it into 2 QUALITY point guards. Add two centers and draft a smooth shooting SG.

All Assets we did not have last year. I would say this team is going to shock quite a few people and are going to play with a lot of heart and fire.

Coop
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
We barely missed the playoffs last year without a Starting PG and we didnt have our 20m dollar a year big man half the season.

This year we take our dead weight and turn it into 2 QUALITY point guards. Add two centers and draft a smooth shooting SG.

All Assets we did not have last year. I would say this team is going to shock quite a few people and are going to play with a lot of heart and fire.

This is not to single you or any one person out, but I've seen a lot of people make this same argument here the past couple of weeks. I'm happy and all that we've made improvements, but so have a lot of other teams in the East. I don't see us finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

Raoul Duke
10-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Remember when it was expected that we were in the Playoffs? I miss those days.

Raskolnikov
10-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Remember when it was expected that we were in the Playoffs? I miss those days.
They'll be back.

Hicks
10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
This is not to single you or any one person out, but I've seen a lot of people make this same argument here the past couple of weeks. I'm happy and all that we've made improvements, but so have a lot of other teams in the East. I don't see us finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

The difference, I think, is that we made MORE of an improvement than other teams that are supposed to be at our level or better. There are exceptions (see Philadelphia), but I think we made a big improvement.