PDA

View Full Version : ESPN the Mags Pacers fun facts

jhondog28
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
NBA FUN FACTS:
INDIANA PACERS
Since we're five years removed from the Malice, we're allowed to put "fun" and "Pacers" in the same headline, right?
by I****a Singh

The Indiana Pacers weren't exactly having fun last season—they finished 36-46 and lost longtime exec Donnie Walsh to the Knicks in the offseason. Still, they've got a couple of ballers hanging around, including the consistently-underdiscussed Danny Granger. Don't sleep on T.J. Ford either—dude may be one of the five fastest NBA'ers end-to-end. As for the offbeat tales of Indiana hoopsdom, well, here we go.

1. Newly acquired guard Eddie Jones has quite a few screen credits to his name. Jones was an original sponsor for Air Jordan, and he's done a few commercials for His Airness, but nothing tops his guest appearance in this Taco Bell ad.

2. Guards Brandon Rush, Marquis Daniels and Jarrett Jack all went to Mount Zion Christian Academy in Durham, NC. The school's most famous alum? Rockets star Tracy McGrady.

3. The team has two mascots. Boomer is a cat, and Bowser is a dog. Neither answers the age-old question: What exactly is a Pacer?

4. Boomer got into a little…ahem…catfight (ha! not at all) last season. A halftime free-throw contestant sued the mascot for improperly tackling him.

5. Danny Granger is a big Batman fan, and lists The Dark Knight as one of his favorite movies. But, like Bruce Wayne, Granger is afraid of bats.

6. Forward Stephen Graham's twin brother Joey plays for the Raptors. Both brothers are licensed pilots. Stephen played for the D-League Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2006 and 2007. Coincidence?

7. Coach Jim O'Brien is the son-in-law of Dr. Jack.

8. Larry Legend has a lot of passionate fans, but Eric James Torpy takes it to an extreme. Torpy changed his 2005 jail sentence from 30 to 33 years to match Bird's jersey.

9. Center Troy Murphy likes watching Elimidate. We're all only human.

10. People in Indiana are a smidge weird.

Raoul Duke
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM
by I****a Singh?

Most of thats stuff we already know. I didn't know they all went to Mt. Zion though.

What was the point of putting #10 in there?

Pacers
10-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Gee, no mention of Troy being a licensed spray tanner, or Travis' love of video game? I****a Singh gets blown away by Stacy Paetz.

rexnom
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
This was terrible. I hate to be negative but this was terrible. I could put together a better list using wikipedia.

Los Angeles
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I didn't know half that stuff. :blush:

Raoul Duke
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
LOL his name is I S H I T A

rexnom
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I didn't know half that stuff. :blush:
Well, my point was just that it seems kinda basic for an ESPN Mag feature. And one comment just pokes fun at Hoosiers.

But the two mascot thing is right on. We get it - there's a cute and fun cat mascot. Then there's this dog character. What the hell? Bowser is such a ****ing *******. I hate that dog.

jhondog28
10-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Yea sorry guys I know must of us knew that stuff I just didnt know why they would call Indiana fans wierd. I was kinda hoping for some reasoning from you guys. Texans are strange so maybe he just have never visited us down here.

JonnyB83
10-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Then there's this dog character. What the hell? Bowser is such a ****ing *******. I hate that dog.

i use to hate bowser as well, but he's grown on me. i just didnt understand when they made him fat for a year. i didnt understand that at all.

Hicks
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
If Danny elevates his game again this year, I'll try to make (The) Dark Knight his new nickname.

duke dynamite
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
9. Center Troy Murphy likes watching Elimidate. We're all only human.

Troy also is a big fan of chick flicks.

duke dynamite
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
i use to hate bowser as well, but he's grown on me. i just didnt understand when they made him fat for a year. i didnt understand that at all.
Yeah, that didn't promote a very healthy image to kids...