PDA

View Full Version : Houston TV station reports Rockets and Magic close to a deal

Unclebuck
06-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Got this from the RealGM Magic forum.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=244826

According to the report. Houston would send Francis, Cato and Mobley for Tracy.

The fact the Cato is included in the deal all but guarantee that the Magic will go with Dwight Howard on draft night. And I just don't get Weisbrod....if superstar who have an attitude isn't his type of tea then why go after Steve Francis? God only know whats going on in Orlando.

Hicks
06-18-2004, 11:59 PM
bah

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't surprise me , I was pretty sure Tmac wouldn't be a Pacer this next year , hopefully this can end all the Tmac madness quickly.

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:04 AM
But this means we can't get Mobley and Cato either...grr...

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Btw, I will point out that Francis + Cato + Mobley = a lot more money than T-Mac

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Btw, I will point out that Francis + Cato + Mobley = a lot more money than T-Mac

Maybe Grant Hill or Juwan Howard+others is included in the deal.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:07 AM

Maybe Grant Hill or Juwan Howard+others is included in the deal.

I thought so too, but Hill would make the salaries be way too much in the OTHER direction, and Howard isn't nearly enough to even it up. I think it's bogus, even if the teams are close to a deal, this ain't it.

Unclebuck
06-19-2004, 12:08 AM
If this is true, and who knows, as Hicks and others in the Magic forum pointed out the money does not work.

if the pacers want to beat out the Rockets they will have to give up three starters, because that is what the Rockets are giving up.

Tinsley, Artest and Foster would probably be needed to get McGrady, and who knows if the magic want Artest. It might take those three plus Al, hell we may have to throw in Rick, and Mike Brown

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:08 AM
TMac+Yao? :o

Unclebuck
06-19-2004, 12:10 AM

is that better than J.O and T-Mac

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:10 AM

In a couple years it would be.

Shade
06-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Ron > everyone in that deal

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Ron > everyone in that deal

individually? sure.

Either Orlando may be trying to get Indy to up the ante, or Donnie has told Orlando's GM to go f**k himself.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 12:14 AM

Could be very comparable , but I think a Yao , Tmac Combo could be better.

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Pacers fans aren't the only ones that don't like the deal. Go check out some of the Magic fan's responses.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Pacers fans aren't the only ones that don't like the deal. Go check out some of the Magic fan's responses.

Too bad the Fans don't make the choices :P

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Too bad the Fans don't make the choices :P

Don't remind me. :cry:

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Magic fans are NEVER going to like the deal that they get, because no matter what TMac is not going to be traded for a team's best player. He wants to go to an instant contender. In effect the Magic are going to get lowballed reguardless.

JOneal7
06-19-2004, 12:18 AM
wow weisbrod you are so *****ing stupid it's not even funny. I'm sure francis is more about the jersey name on the front than the back. I'm sure he's a hard nosed defensive guy you want, lmao...we all saw that hard nosed defense and air ball vs LA. LOL
way better than t-mac ;) lol..orlando needs artest to anchor it's defense! This is so stupid! i swear, and wait till t-mac get's frustrated not understanding yao...he'll want out again. I'm starting to not like my boy mac :(

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Magic fans are NEVER going to like the deal that they get, because no matter what TMac is not going to be traded for a team's best player. He wants to go to an instant contender. In effect the Magic are going to get lowballed reguardless.

Well, obviously they want to keep T-mac. But in the thread, many of them said they liked the Indy/Phoenix deals a lot better.

Steveman
06-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Yeah, forget T-Mac, the price was just too high and I commend DW and LB for not pulling the trigger on such a bogus deal. Al OR Ron + Foster OR JB + Fred Jones (OR) Al + Ron + Fred is as far as I personally would have went on this deal.

Now we can take these guys (with the exception of Ron) and use them to bring in a quality SG who can shoot the rock and a real center.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 12:27 AM
I figured from the start that we would set a desired level of talent to give up, and if we couldn't bring their asking price down to that level, we wouldn't make a deal.

I think that's what happened, and frankly I don't mind. If it was going to take Ron + Al + Foster, I'd rather tell them to go lick a sparkplug and go with our original plan of making a minor trade to add a solid shooter.

Shade
06-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I don't buy it. The only way this one goes down is if T-Mac wants to go to Houston over Indy. An Artest/Harrington package is FAR better than that.

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:29 AM
The word on Best Damn Sports Show tonight was that T-Mac wants to go to Houston. And also mentioned that the Indiana offer was now Artest/Harrington and Foster.

From the real gm.

Young
06-19-2004, 12:31 AM
I don't buy it. The only way this one goes down is if T-Mac wants to go to Houston over Indy. An Artest/Harrington package is FAR better than that.

I dunno.

Do you think Indiana will offer that.

Harrington could be nagged for 3rd pick/bad contract so imagne whar Ron is worth.

Lets not forgeth that JVG hasn't exactly complamented T-Mac last time I heard. So isn't Houston kinda out of the picture if it's true? ;)

I think Indiana could get T-Mac for Artest/Bender.

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 12:32 AM
The word on Best Damn Sports Show tonight was that T-Mac wants to go to Houston. And also mentioned that the Indiana offer was now Artest/Harrington and Foster.

From the real gm.

They have Vescey's appearance on the BDSS's website. I watched the video and the offer is Harrington/Bender/Foster for McGrady.

PV said McGrady "really wants to go to Houston."

I just hope he's not right. :(

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Tmac has always said Houston was his First Choice

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:34 AM

Not to mention its likely ORLANDO'S first choice too. Very rarely do you see a superstar get traded within his own conference.

Young

From the real gm.

They have Vescey's appearance on the BDSS's website. I watched the video and the offer is Harrington/Bender/Foster for McGrady.

PV said McGrady "really wants to go to Houston."

I just hope he's not right. :(

It's Peter Vescy, he is always full of BS.

Suaveness
Ron stays...sigh...

Hicks
Ron stays...sigh...

Just because McGrady is out of the picture doesn't mean Ron is safe.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

Oh yes it does :laugh:

I dont see any player on the block out there that carries his kind of value.

Suaveness

Not to mention its likely ORLANDO'S first choice too. Very rarely do you see a superstar get traded within his own conference.

Rarely do you see ANY star get traded within...and super ones are more rare

Kidd, Sheed, Marbury, JO, etc.

Hicks
Interesting post by someone on the RealGM Rockets board:

"According to the ClutchFans.net board this is not confirmed by anyone in Houston so far."

ClutchFans is to the Rockets as PD is to the Pacers, and then some. If they've heard nothing, I'm skeptical.

Hicks
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

Who else woudl we get for him? Certainly not some 2 tier SG and his 2 tier C replacements? :rolleyes:

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:37 AM

In a couple years it would be.

Bull ****ing ****.
Yao is a big maybe.
Jermaine is a sure thing.

Yao will pass JO up in a few years. I think the fact he can ALREADY play shaq straight-up at age 23 is a testamant to that.

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 12:38 AM
It's like a Big Hand of Poker by Teams right now ..Let's see if anyone is Bluffing ;)

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

Who else woudl we get for him? Certainly not some 2 tier SG and his 2 tier C replacements? :rolleyes:

Depends on how badly management wants him gone. I'm sure if they want it to happen badly enough, we could get something decent, but not great.

I don't know specifically what that is. Just don't assume Ron's gonna be here next year. Odds are still against it to the best of my knowledge.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

Agreed. There's one......................certain player..........who the Pacers have a strong interest in other than McGrady, and Ron may be involved with that deal.

Shhhhh. ;)

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:39 AM
It's like a Big Hand of Poker by Teams right now ..Let's see if anyone is Bluffing ;)

They should do this celebrity poker thing...Larry, Weis...whatever, JVG...who would win?

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

Agreed. There's one......................certain player..........who the Pacers have a strong interest in other than McGrady, and Ron may be involved with that deal.

:confused:

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

I hope shaq isnt it. Cause if he is, you can wave bye-bye to JO.

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:43 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

I hope not. I would be pissed. I hope it isn't someone like Pierce either.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

Shaq, no, Pierce, yes.

Suaveness
06-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Ron stays...sigh...

No, it really doesn't.

Shaq, no, Pierce, yes.

Ugg...no...

Shade
06-19-2004, 12:46 AM
I know who it is, and there's not a chance in hell I'd trade Ron for him.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 12:47 AM
McGrady has a history of flip-flopping on this kind of thing. If this deal is based on him "wanting" to go to Houston, I won't be surprised if he changes his mind in the next few days.

But if no deal goes down, I'll actually be kinda happy. We get to keep Ron and Foster, and can still deal Al for guard help. That's all we really needed to do anyhow.

Suaveness

You think PP too?

JOneal7
why would JO be going anywhere? he's locked for what is it 6 more years? he's not going nowhere...
Pierce!? UHG!

Snickers
06-19-2004, 12:48 AM

Is it Pierce? Cause if it is, I think Ainge might let us have him for Pollard and a second rounder. :unimpressed:

"I look at this deal and think, we just got a guy with really cool hair. That's what this team needs, is really cool hair."

Steveman
06-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Ray Allen :)

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I've been letting all this T-Mac talk just roll off my back. I'm more inclined to think Pierce based on what I've heard from a little birdie or two. Be nice to snag Blount as well.

kerosene
"So Danny (Ainge), what's been goin on?"

Kstat
Pierce for Artest would be a step backwards.

I could see Harrington, Jones and Bender for Pierce, but thats it.

Steveman
06-19-2004, 12:55 AM
Oh, I know, that Kobe Bryant guy :)

Young
06-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Web Page Name (http://mb3.theinsiders.com/fhoustonrocketsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=824.topic)

Channel 13 reported that a deal is almost done with Orlando that would send Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvin Cato for TMac, Declercq, Reece Gaines, and Juwan Howard.

No!

Damn it I hope it isn't true.

I really wanted McGrady, so badly.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh, I know, that Kobe Bryant guy :)

LA is dumping Phil and Shaq for the SOLE purpose off keeping him. I think hes staying put.

Even so, LA would demand JO and nothing less.

Unclebuck
06-19-2004, 12:57 AM

"According to the ClutchFans.net board this is not confirmed by anyone in Houston so far."

ClutchFans is to the Rockets as PD is to the Pacers, and then some. If they've heard nothing, I'm skeptical.

yeh I read that same thing so I tried to get into Clutchfans.net, and you can't even get into the forum without registering and they aren't taking anymore new members (makes me wonder what is really going on in there) they said they have over 15,000 members. Wow

Anyone here a member?

One other thing, I can live with and come to accept Ron being traded if Mcgrady is the reward, but if that falls through and the pacers trade him for some two-bit shooting guard, I will be crushed.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Jason Kidd!? :hmm:

Shade
06-19-2004, 12:58 AM

Is it Pierce? Cause if it is, I think Ainge might let us have him for Pollard and a second rounder. :unimpressed:

"I look at this deal and think, we just got a guy with really cool hair. That's what this team needs, is really cool hair."

:rotflmao:

Kstat
06-19-2004, 01:00 AM

yeh I read that same thing so I tried to get into Clutchfans.net, and you can't even get into the forum without registering and they aren't taking anymore new members (makes me wonder what is really going on in there) they said they have over 15,000 members. Wow

Anyone here a member?

One other thing, I can live with and come to accept Ron being traded if Mcgrady is the reward, but if that falls through and the pacers trade him for some two-bit shooting guard, I will be crushed.

I'm a member. I'll head over there now to check whats going on.

ChicagoJ
Did I miss a memo?

No deals until July 14th, right?

(In my best Frank Drebin voice). "There's nothing for you see here. Move along."

Unclebuck
I've been letting all this T-Mac talk just roll off my back. I'm more inclined to think Pierce based on what I've heard from a little birdie or two. Be nice to snag Blount as well.

BP, you mentioned earlier this week, that I never respond to you (which is not true by the way) :laugh:

You are always so cryptic in some of your posts.

Just an observation, don't get argumentative

Shade
06-19-2004, 01:01 AM

You think PP too?

;)

Unclebuck
06-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Did I miss a memo?

No deals until July 14th, right?

(In my best Frank Drebin voice). "There's nothing for you see here. Move along."

No I think they can make deals at anytime, they just can sign any free agents until 7/14. So if a trade involves a sign and trade, yes they would have to wait until 7/14.

The next 3 weeks or so are going to be fun, I think.

One thing I am 100% sure of: Artest and Pierce cannot co-exist in the same offense. No chance

Snickers
06-19-2004, 01:02 AM
.... don't get argumentative

:spitout:

Hoop
06-19-2004, 01:05 AM
I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE, SOMEBODY *****ING TRADE SOMEBODY.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

HOOP IS READY TO GO ON A ALL REPORTER KILLING SPREE

:maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac:

Hicks
06-19-2004, 01:05 AM

:laugh: Right there with you, pal.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM

:zip:

JOneal7
06-19-2004, 01:12 AM
Tmac for francis...I Can't stop laughing! weisbrod is such an idiot!

Steveman
06-19-2004, 01:17 AM
http://www.srs700.com/tmac.jpg :cry:

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Just saw Marc Stein on Sportscenter.

I found these things "interesting":

-He said Indiana would "definitely" be interested in a Shaq trade.

:puke:

-When he talked about teams interested in T-mac, he only mentioned Houston and Phoenix.

Houston deal was of course Francis/Mobley/Cato.

He said the Magic wanted Amare and Marion, so Phoenix backed out.

He didn't even mention the Pacers. :confused:

This is getting disheartening. I hope he's wrong. No McGrady but interested in a Shaq trade?

Stein has to be totally wrong or LB/DW/RC have lost their minds.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 01:19 AM
Hmm, most rocket fans are skeptical on TMac, even though %80 of them HATE Francis.

They just dont like giving up 3 starters.

I think its split right down the middle for them now.

zxc
06-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Just saw Marc Stein on Sportscenter.

I found these things "interesting":

-He said Indiana would "definitely" be interested in a Shaq trade.

:puke:

This is getting disheartening. I hope he's wrong. No McGrady but interested in a Shaq trade?

Stein has to be totally wrong or LB/DW/RC have lost their minds.

:puke: indeed. If we trade JO and half our team for Shaq don't think I would be bothering to order league pass or anything next year.

I hate the offseason. :(

Steveman
06-19-2004, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't be oppossed to Shaq, as long as it didn't involve JO ... but that's who they want.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 01:25 AM
I'd do Shaq for Pollard. :D

Aw Heck
06-19-2004, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't be oppossed to Shaq, as long as it didn't involve JO ... but that's who they want.

Yeah, I'd do Harrington/Pollard/Croshere for Shaq.

I'm just not sure they would. :laugh:

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 01:31 AM

Sounds ok to me. Artest and Pollard for Pierce and a resigned Blount would shore up both our shooting guard spot and out front court. That doesn't sound like it would work cap wise though.

I went to bed at 6, it's now 1:30 a.m. so this is all new rumors to me. I haven't had a chance to see what that trade would look like. The rumors do seem to be indicating Artest is on the block though and not just Al. Looks like we will trade the one we can get the best deal for.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 01:35 AM

Sounds ok to me. Artest and Pollard for Pierce and a resigned Blount would shore up both our shooting guard spot and out front court. That doesn't sound like it would work cap wise though.

I went to bed at 6, it's now 1:30 a.m. so this is all new rumors to me. I haven't had a chance to see what that trade would look like. The rumors do seem to be indicating Artest is on the block though and not just Al. Looks like we will trade the one we can get the best deal for.

Whoah....

You go to bed at 6pm and wake up at 1:30am? :omg:

What do you do for those 6 hours that the humans are asleep?

Steveman
06-19-2004, 01:42 AM

Yeah, I'd do Harrington/Pollard/Croshere for Shaq.

I'm just not sure they would. :laugh:

Hey, why not? They're blowing up the team to keep Kobe, and they have previously expressed an interest in Cro, so ... I am joking of course, I think :D At any rate, I agree, I'd do that deal :D

Bball
06-19-2004, 01:44 AM

Whoah....

:darkness:

-Bball

Kstat
06-19-2004, 01:44 AM
Indy could get shaq.

They would just have to give up JO.

No way does shaq deal with Indy unless JO is involved.

Snickers
06-19-2004, 01:50 AM

Whoah....

:darkness:

-Bball

:uhoh:

Thanks a lot, Bball. Now I'm going to have nightmares of "<giggle, giggle snort>"

Hopefully indygeezer will jump in and call him a prick before he eats my brain and steals my girlfriend. :(

Zesty
06-19-2004, 01:52 AM
The idea of Shaq in blue and gold makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 02:04 AM
There's not to many teams that can fit Shaq under their cap. Shaq is due over $29 million next year, so we would need to be within 15% + $100,000. That's means we would have to send back salary's of at least $25.6 million.

One thing I'm sure of, our O'Neal isn't going anywhere. That also means both Pollard and Croshere would have to be in any deal.

Croshere . . . $8,260,000
Pollard . . . . . $5,792,250
Artest . . . . . .$5,850,000
Bender . . . . .$6,390,000
Total .............$26,292,250 would work

Our possibe lineup.

JO/Foster
AL/JJ
Shaq/Brezac
Reggie/Fred
Tins/Johnson/Brewer

Of course we will probably be missing Brezac or JJ. We could whoever we lose with someone in the college draft. Plus we would need to sign some free agents. The thing is for two years we would be a favorite to win it all.

bulletproof
06-19-2004, 02:14 AM

Who said, Artest for Pierce? I've heard Al + Bendy for Pierce.

kerosene
06-19-2004, 02:15 AM
Isn't it about time we hear that the Knicks are in the running for McGrady, Kobe, Shaq, and Rasheed?

Kstat
06-19-2004, 02:17 AM

Who said, Artest for Pierce? I've heard Al + Bendy for Pierce.

Hicks suggested it.

Kstat
06-19-2004, 02:18 AM
Isn't it about time we hear that the Knicks are in the running for McGrady, Kobe, Shaq, and Rasheed?

My favorite one is they're signing of Okur, depsite the fact Joe D can match any offer under the MLE, and thats all NY has :laugh:

Will Galen
Whoah....

Actually my hours are worse than that. My sleeping pattern goes around the clock about twice every month to month and a half. For instant right now I'm going to bed around 6 and getting up in the early morning. In about a week I will be going to bed around ten and getting up about 6 in the morning. Normal hours.

However, about a week after that I will be going to bed about 4 in the morning and getting up about eight hours later. Next month my sleeping hours could be the exact opposite of what they are now. Check out my post times if you don't believe me, they are all over the clock.

There's a name for what I got but I don't remember it. I do know one thing, it's not good for your health. It screws up the body cycles.

To answer your question of what I do when the humans are asleep I read and surf the net. I usually try to do my grocery shopping at 3 in the morning when no one else is around. That I LOVE! (24 hour super Walmart) I even take long walks at 3 in the morning sometimes.

bulletproof

BP, you mentioned earlier this week, that I never respond to you (which is not true by the way) :laugh:

You are always so cryptic in some of your posts.

Just an observation, don't get argumentative

The man with the yellow hair arrives at the train station at noon.

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks a lot, Bball. Now I'm going to have nightmares of "<giggle, giggle snort>"

Hopefully indygeezer will jump in and call him a prick before he eats my brain and steals my girlfriend. :(

The neighbors probably think I'm crazy sitting in my condo in the middle of the night with no TV on laughing like . . . . . . crazy. . . hmmm. :confused:

Ah well . . . what's your girl friend look like? I like them with long dark hair . . . . . . . . . . . on their arms. hehe. ;)

<giggle, giggle, snort>

Peck
06-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!

I knew it was stupid on my part to get my hopes up. I honest to God fell for it. I thought that this was a whole new direction for the team, we were going to bring in that superstar that didn't need four years to develop.

But then I started reading that Orlando wanted Artest, Harrington, F. Jones & Tinsely. I knew then this idea was out the window, as it should be.

Damn. :(

Great, now Will goes & makes me think we could get Shaq.

Will Galen
06-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!

I knew it was stupid on my part to get my hopes up. I honest to God fell for it. I thought that this was a whole new direction for the team, we were going to bring in that superstar that didn't need four years to develop.

But then I started reading that Orlando wanted Artest, Harrington, F. Jones & Tinsely. I knew then this idea was out the window, as it should be.

Damn. :(

Great, now Will goes & makes me think we could get Shaq.

Gee why me? I wrote about Pierce and Blount too, and that seems more likely than Shaq. I think Dallas has the best shot at Shaq with Walker and Finley etc. I don't think it's right to pay anyone $20 million a year, Shaq makes $29.

Hmmm . . . maybe I'm just making you crazy too. <giggle, giggle, snort>

sweabs
06-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Personally, I knew this would come at some point in time, and I am a little releived to hear the news.

The good news: T-Mac won't be coming here, and we can save Ronnie (because I honestly think that would have been a big mistake to trade such a valuable, improving, and cheap player).

The bad news: Mobley and Cato would be involved with this deal...so that eliminates any chance we had of acquiring those 2 (who I think would fit the team chemistry much better than any T-Mac...not to mention we would be able to keep Ronnie).

RONNIE WILL STAY!!!
:) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :)

JOneal7
06-19-2004, 11:02 AM
you are a strange man will galen ;)
lol
as for this situation...It royally Sucks!

Bball
06-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Personally, I knew this would come at some point in time, and I am a little releived to hear the news.

The good news: T-Mac won't be coming here, and we can save Ronnie (because I honestly think that would have been a big mistake to trade such a valuable, improving, and cheap player).

The bad news: Mobley and Cato would be involved with this deal...so that eliminates any chance we had of acquiring those 2 (who I think would fit the team chemistry much better than any T-Mac...not to mention we would be able to keep Ronnie).

RONNIE WILL STAY!!!
:) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :)

I believe it is still a little too early to declare Artest will stay regardless of the TMac situation. The two situations may or may not be tied together. Keep in mind, early speculation didn't have Artest in the TMac trade, that came later as Artest's availability was declared by Walsh. But Walsh wasn't saying "anybody but JO was available just for TMac". He was just saying noody was untouchable except for JO (altho I bet you Reggie is untouchable even if somebody did want him in a pkg).

-Bball

Grant
06-19-2004, 11:32 AM
:link:

smoothie
06-19-2004, 11:41 AM
a friend just told me that a radio station in houston got word that the deal will be announced tuesday during the E-draft. the station won't say anything until the source and info are confirmed though.

there is also a rumor that a laker could be headed to the rockets too. that is what's upsetting me...i hate all of the lakers :mad:

TheSauceMaster
06-19-2004, 11:56 AM
This is why I wasn't dancing around all happy around the forum , I have learned not to get excited over rumors , especially pacers rumors. Donnie always has this sick cruel way in the offseason and he will put you so high and then throw your emotions down like a rock to the ground.

I won't get excited to there is ink on paper on any rumors ;)

Cactus Jax
06-19-2004, 12:04 PM
a friend just told me that a radio station in houston got word that the deal will be announced tuesday during the E-draft. the station won't say anything until the source and info are confirmed though.

there is also a rumor that a laker could be headed to the rockets too. that is what's upsetting me...i hate all of the lakers :mad:

I don't think the expansion draft is THAT big of deal to announce that trade. Maybe right after it or something but not during it.

Cactus Jax
06-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Also if you heard what Jerry Buss is trying to do, he doesn't want a superstar back for Shaq, unless it's a Jason Kidd type. They're trying to appeal to Kobe and getting a JO wouldn't do that as someone would threaten him being the leader. :unimpressed:

Anyways, I have never hated Shaq as a person or even his game, it just pissed me off to no end how dominate it is.

There are two things that favor the Pacers getting Shaq for a "Normal" (I'll get into the details of normal in a bit) price. One is that the Lakers want to deal Shaq to an Eastern Conference team so they don't have to deal with him so often. Two is the fact that the Pacers have pieces to offer the Lakers for Shaq.

So how about this offer which was posted in another thread:

Austin Croshere
Jeff Foster
Ron Artest
Jonathan Bender/Al Harrington (I think either could fit, I'd rather Al be traded)

all for Shaq

I think it's a great deal for both teams. The Lakers get two solid frontcourt players to be with Kobe, sorta like Amare Stoudemire, and Marion, plus they get Foster to play at center as well. Cro pretty much has to be included due to Shaq's enormous contract.

The main reason(s) this doesn't go down is that:

A) The Pacers might not want to trade that talent for an aging Shaq.
B) The Lakers may be able to get a better offer from NJ, or Dallas.

*If you read anything, read until the trade shows up.*

The Pacers have somewhat of a chance in this without giving up JO, but somehow I really doubt it happens, and I wouldn't be sure if I would :dance: or :mad: if it did happen.

Hicks
06-19-2004, 12:24 PM
If we could get Shaq without giving up JO, I guess I might... maybe... be OK with it.

But it's a big gamble. The "Daddy" is gettin' old.

canyoufeelit
06-19-2004, 12:55 PM
to be honest, i wouldn't mind having PP and it would be pretty realistic with his trade value being down after that awful season he had this year. the guy faced triple teams every night and had absolutely no support from his teammates, while he had walkah + vets last year. ainge has made it clear that he doesn't really care about the immediate future, so maybe there's a boston connection... so trade away Paul for a couple of Indy's good young roleplayers and maybe in a couple years they can be at the top again. Pierce is a good guy, he tries to get his teammates involved and is one of the top SGs that actually plays defense (bryant being the other)... if he could only stop turning the ball over so much, i wouldn't mind him here. I wouldn't worry too much about his shooting % because it's not so much that he's a chucker, rather he had to be one this year