PDA

View Full Version : The official "I'm SO not afraid of New Orleans" thread

Hicks
01-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Not after watching this game that's on now. The way they play, we'd eat'm alive.

Snickers
01-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Pacers = magnifying glass.

:devil:

Roaming Gnome
01-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Yep, Nawrlins (N.O.) isn't looking too scary, but I think they are playing average enough to be the 5th seed. I am still scared of those Bucks though!! :uhoh:

zxc
01-30-2004, 10:18 PM
I still am. Just the second game with Mashburn back gonna take awhile to get things going again. Looks like they picked up the play in the second half.

Shade
01-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey, did you guys notice that the Pistons/Raptors game is in OT?

Hicks
01-30-2004, 10:31 PM

No... what's the score? Time?

Shade
Sixers win. :)

Shade

No... what's the score? Time?

Raptors by 1, less than 2 minutes to go.

Tim
01-30-2004, 11:59 PM
I am watching the Bucks game.
If it wasn't for that darn back court, we would kill them on a nightly basis.

I don't want to see that team in the playoffs, speed kills us.

Suaveness
01-31-2004, 12:15 AM
The real bad part is, if we continue on this pace, we'd be the number 1 seed, and they would be 4 or 5. So if we win and they won, we would play them in the second round. Scary. Of course, we have yet to play them with Tinsley playing... :dance:

ROCislandWarrior
01-31-2004, 02:29 AM
we have yet to play them with Tinsley playing

Ford vs. Tinsley... OMG...please...God...NOOOOOO!!!!!

Suaveness
01-31-2004, 02:32 AM
we have yet to play them with Tinsley playing

Ford vs. Tinsley... OMG...please...God...NOOOOOO!!!!!

Tins can take him....better than Kenny or AJ....but this might be a brewer moment

ROCislandWarrior
01-31-2004, 02:40 AM
Tins can take him....better than Kenny or AJ....but this might be a brewer moment

well, TJ has NO shot and not alot of moves, just pure quick blazing speed.

I just don;t want to see TJ kick it out to Redd for three...

but I figure they will be playing jones more at point in the playoffs.

I do believe Jones and Redd killed us in the 4th at Milwaukee.

Their backcourt is scary...Very, Very scary

Suaveness
01-31-2004, 02:42 AM

well, TJ has NO shot and not alot of moves, just pure quick blazing speed.

I just don;t want to see TJ kick it out to Redd for three...

but I figure they will be playing jones more at point in the playoffs.

I do believe Jones and Redd killed us in the 4th at Milwaukee.

Their backcourt is scary...Very, Very scary

I agree....I honestly think that they will pose more of a problem than any other team. Though Detroit is right up there. But speedy, good shooting guards are a big problem for our team. But I also think that Fjones can help us out, since he is a good defender and pretty quick himself.

Anthem
01-31-2004, 03:23 AM
Plus, the bucks still have STRICKLAND! :(

Natston
01-31-2004, 03:27 AM

He has valuable inside info like JO likes to post up and Reggie prefers the outside shot... :laugh:

Snickers
01-31-2004, 11:49 AM

He has valuable inside info like JO likes to post up and Reggie prefers the outside shot... :laugh:

And Isiah tends to run-- oh wait....

:blush:

Roaming Gnome
01-31-2004, 11:53 PM
:heat: 94
:hornets: 70

Yeah, I'm so "NOT" scared of this team!!!

Anthem
02-01-2004, 04:16 AM
Too late to hop on the bandwagon?

Roaming Gnome
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Bump...

:nets: 91
:hornets: 70
Final

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...
Nets go 4-0 on the road for the first time in franchise history...

Roaming Gnome
02-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Ummmmmm......Whoops!!!

We got freakin' tattoo'ed tonight by these chumps! :death:

Yeah, you know that I had to go dig this one up...

Suaveness
02-17-2004, 10:41 PM
I think we're afraid now :laugh:

zxc
02-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Definitely afraid of them still. Don't know why people try to discredit them. Outclass us really, really badly at the pg spot and matchup very well at all other spots. Didn't even have David Wesley tonight.

Hicks
02-17-2004, 10:43 PM
I don't put a ton of stock into tonight. We played like *** all around, and that's hardly to be expected from us.

Roaming Gnome
02-17-2004, 10:49 PM
I don't put a ton of stock into tonight. We played like *** all around, and that's hardly to be expected from us.

But what worries me about this game is the fact that we got schooled from their guards, and the shots that we did get off were shots that they wanted us to take. We got wasted on the boards. I hate to say it, but N.O. played their game...it was nothing special for them. On our part, they took us out of our game and made us play they game they wanted us to play....jump shots with a side order of no presence in the post!

Ragnar
02-17-2004, 11:11 PM
I am upset but still not worried. We clearly were not as into this game as they were. Beyond that how many times are every single Pacer going to pick the same night to have a bad game.

Hicks
02-17-2004, 11:15 PM
2-1

BayouPacer
02-18-2004, 12:59 AM
B*@#tches, get naked for Uncle Reggie!!!

I'm Baron Davis, b*@#tch!

Suaveness
02-18-2004, 02:34 AM
2-1

I think those are very nice numbers, doesn't everyone else?

Roaming Gnome
02-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Ummmmmm......Whoops!!!

We got freakin' tattoo'ed tonight by these chumps! :death:

Yeah, you know that I had to go dig this one up...

Not Again!!!
I'm starting to get a little worried...How much does having Artest open up anything in the middle? I'm thinking not a whole lot.

Unclebuck
02-28-2004, 12:13 AM
I swear on everything that I believe in when I make this comment.

The Hornets play different against the Pacers, especially tonight. I watch the Hornets quite often, probably have seen them play 15 games this season and normally they take terrible shots, they don't run an offense and they are normally not a very disciplined team, But tonight they really ran their offense, Baron took only good shots, he drove the ball.

This was not the same Hornets team that blew a 25 point lead at Cleveland last week or the same Hornets team that has lost a number of games against bad teams, in fact they have been beaten badly by some bad teams.

Their players think there is a huge rivalry with the Pacers and they play smart agaisnt us

able
02-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I swear on everything that I believe in when I make this comment.

The Hornets play different against the Pacers, especially tonight. I watch the Hornets quite often, probably have seen them play 15 games this season and normally they take terrible shots, they don't run an offense and they are normally not a very disciplined team, But tonight they really ran their offense, Baron took only good shots, he drove the ball.

This was not the same Hornets team that blew a 25 point lead at Cleveland last week or the same Hornets team that has lost a number of games against bad teams, in fact they have been beaten badly by some bad teams.

Their players think there is a huge rivalry with the Pacers and they play smart agaisnt us

sounds like darnd fine coching to me, to bad it doesn;t work on the other games :D

What did we answer with ?
set rotations.

Can we beat these guys, YES
do we need to be afraid ? NO

only if those rotations remain set in stone, because then we will get clobbered again, with or without Ron.

Suaveness
02-28-2004, 03:53 PM
There is a little man inside of me saying, "I am SO glad they are going to the west next year...."

Unclebuck
03-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I watched almost every play of the Wiz v Hornets tonight and I must say this is the Hornets team I know and love.

They were wild, undisciplined, inconsistant, selfish, talented, and poorly coached.

By the way the Hornets record since the allstar break is 4-4. They beat the Clips and Wizards at home.

The Hornets don't scare me in a 7 game playoff series. In a one game playoff series they scare me to death, but they are too inconsistant

tdeltdot
03-01-2004, 11:22 PM
The mighty Hornets ouscored the Wizards 24-10 in the 4th and STILL lost in overtime. What a manic team.

Manic and scary. When the Baron and that committee of bigs get going they can pretty much take any team around. Brown, Magloire, Traylor and Lynch are all large, aggressive and just plain mean. Mashburn should be the least of our worries, in fact, I don't know if NO is necessarily even a better team with him active.

NO really plays around the Pacers defensive strengths. Even if Ronnie negates Mashburn and JO alters a few drives to the hoop, they still have the Baron penetrating/drawing the help d./jacking up 3s and all those PFs and Cs grabbing the o. rebounds. So I don't know if first place in the East, which should mean us not having to play Detroit/NJ in the second-round, will be all that significant. Teams 2-4 in the East seem of equal threat.

yay/nay?

Roaming Gnome
03-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Teams 2 or 3 are going to be for the ECF and will be a battle, obviously! But seeds 4 and 5 are a little scary because they are teams that either lately have our number, or we just have not beat this year (N.O./Mil.). As Buck said...in a series, neither one of these teams scare me when we come with our "A" game.