PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Def Games announced

IndyBball
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
The Indiana Pacers and Fox Sports Indiana announced today that for the first time select regionally-televised Pacers games will be shown in high definition.

FSI HD SCHEDULE
DAY DATE OPPONENT
Saturday Nov. 1 Boston
Wednesday Nov. 5 Phoenix
Friday Nov. 7 Cleveland
Friday Nov. 21 Orlando
Tuesday Dec. 2 L..A. Lakers
Friday Dec. 4 Cleveland
Monday Jan. 5 Denver
Friday Jan. 9 L.A. Lakers
Monday Jan. 12 Utah
Wednesday Jan. 14 Detroit
Tuesday Jan. 27 Orlando
Friday Feb. 20 Minnesota
Friday March 13 Atlanta
Friday March 20 Dallas
Saturday March 21 Charlotte

Fox Sports Indiana will produce 15 games in HD in 2008-09. The HD schedule starts with the Pacers home opener vs. the defending NBA champion Boston Celtics on Saturday, Nov. 1, and includes matchups with several of the NBA’s marquee teams. Fox Sports Indiana’s HD schedule is below, and the entire Pacers television schedule is attached.

“We’re thrilled to be able to bring Head Coach Jim O’Brien’s entertaining style of play to our loyal television viewers in high definition,” said Jamie Berns, Pacers Sports & Entertainment Vice President of Entertainment. “HD is the pinnacle of quality in television, and there’s nothing better than sports in HD, so we’re proud to be able to bring that level of service to our fans with our long-time TV partner Fox Sports Indiana.”

“We want Pacers fans to experience the atmosphere, excitement and athleticism of NBA basketball, and televising games in high definition helps us achieve that goal,” said Jack Donovan, Fox Sports Indiana General Manager and Senior Vice President.

Overall, Fox Sports Indiana will televise 72 regular season games and two preseason games in 2008-09. For the 15 HD telecasts, the HD feed will appear on a separate channel from the standard-definition Fox Sports Indiana telecast.

Fox Sports Indiana’s HD telecasts will be available via many cable and satellite providers in Indiana. Viewers can contact their cable or satellite provider to find out if Fox Sports Indiana’s HD telecasts are available in their area. Providers that will offer Fox Sports Indiana’s HD Pacers telecasts include: AT&T U-Verse (channel 1748), Comcast (channel 201), DirecTV (channel 673-1), Dish Network (channel number will vary), Insight (channel 929), and Verizon Fios TV (channel 577). An updated list of providers that carry Fox Sports Indiana HD games will be posted at FoxSports.com/Indiana.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fsi_hd_081022.html

Unclebuck
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm assuming Brighthouse will have the HD games.

duke dynamite
10-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Brighthouse doesn't like you. lol

HC
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
It isn't channel 201 on my comcast.

Speed
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM

I am not sure, but them not carrying Colts games made me move to Uverse and it is awesome, btw. I couldn't be happier and I'm paying a little less than I was with Brighthouse.

Unclebuck
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
What is Uverse??

HC
10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
What is Uverse??

I don't exactly know what it is all about, other than that ATT provides it. It isn't available in my area yet, or I would have it.

Hicks
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm glad they are not all home games as I thought they might be. Doesn't do me much good when I'm already at the games. I'm excited that there are road games in HD!

Speed
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
What is Uverse??

https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do

I have it on 4 TVs and I have the internet. They hooked it up for free. They are giving $125.00 promotional check back in about 6 weeks, there is some deal where you can 200.00 back, but it was more than I needed. I have 200 channels including the NFL Network. Several Foxsports regional channels. You have a box and remote for every TV that pulls up the Guide. The coolest thing is the DVR is throughout the house, well you can only record on one set, but you can be watching something you DVR'd on the living room TV, then say you want to watch the rest of it in bed, well you just pause it, turn off the living room TV, pull up the show you recorded in your bedroom, then push RESUME PLAY, and it picks up right where you were.

I love it and it's about 6 dollars cheaper than I was paying for Brighthouse without the DVR and only like maybe 50 or 60 channels. Internet is faster, no down side at all for me. And you don't have to sign a contract, you could drop them anytime. I think they'll really put the pressure the cable companies to step up or they'll lose tons of business.

By the way, I am NO way affiliated with ATT or Uverse. I would just HIGHLY recommend it.

Oh it does take about 5 or 6 hours for the technician to install it.

Of course the first question I asked them was if they had Fox Sports Midwest so I could get Pacer games, and they do.

Also, the have like an IM chat thing on their website to ask questions?

I'll stop now, but I love it and I don't even have an HD TV, but they do have a BUNCH of HD channels.

I just got it 3 weeks ago, but it's been great.

Roaming Gnome
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
UB, I wouldn't assume Brighthouse for anything when they don't even carry CBS. It'd be one thing if CBS was some wayward cable channel no one watched, but were talking "network televison". Don't be suprised if Brighthouse squabbled over that too and will not have an HD option for you.

Erik
10-22-2008, 04:50 PM
It isn't channel 201 on my comcast.

It is on mine FWIW.

HC
10-22-2008, 09:25 PM
It is on mine FWIW.

My regular FSN is 519, while the usually off air HD is 922. Must just be a different area. Also mine is FSNMW, not Indiana.

YoSoyIndy
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
This is huge It's tough watching sports in standard def on an HDTV.

I'm actually going to DVR the home opener even though I'm going.

Hicks
10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I'm DVRing it too just to see what it looks like.

BlueNGold
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
U-Verse is to Comcast as CP3 is to Eddie Gill. Let's just say there is no comparison...and in fact I saved $20/month switching to U-Verse.

Not sure what the current pricing is, but if you have Comcast and can get U-Verse, it's time to look into it...

Hicks
10-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I did. Not available here. Probably won't be until 2018.

Pig Nash
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do

I have it on 4 TVs and I have the internet. They hooked it up for free. They are giving $125.00 promotional check back in about 6 weeks, there is some deal where you can 200.00 back, but it was more than I needed. I have 200 channels including the NFL Network. Several Foxsports regional channels. You have a box and remote for every TV that pulls up the Guide. The coolest thing is the DVR is throughout the house, well you can only record on one set, but you can be watching something you DVR'd on the living room TV, then say you want to watch the rest of it in bed, well you just pause it, turn off the living room TV, pull up the show you recorded in your bedroom, then push RESUME PLAY, and it picks up right where you were.

I love it and it's about 6 dollars cheaper than I was paying for Brighthouse without the DVR and only like maybe 50 or 60 channels. Internet is faster, no down side at all for me. And you don't have to sign a contract, you could drop them anytime. I think they'll really put the pressure the cable companies to step up or they'll lose tons of business.

By the way, I am NO way affiliated with ATT or Uverse. I would just HIGHLY recommend it.

Oh it does take about 5 or 6 hours for the technician to install it.

Of course the first question I asked them was if they had Fox Sports Midwest so I could get Pacer games, and they do.

Also, the have like an IM chat thing on their website to ask questions?

I'll stop now, but I love it and I don't even have an HD TV, but they do have a BUNCH of HD channels.

I just got it 3 weeks ago, but it's been great.

I have uverse and i can't do that. Do you have to set it up like that?

Kegboy
10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm assuming these will be 720p. Anyone know what the Fox Sports stations use?

Speed
10-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I have uverse and i can't do that. Do you have to set it up like that?

They JUST upgraded the system to be able to pick up the dvr recording in another room, like last week. Have you tried it recently. It's not anything extra cost wise. If you don't have it now, I'd call them and see why.