PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon Williams might be available?

MillerTime
10-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I dont know what your guys' take on Sheldon Williams but the King's apparently arent going to pickup his option. We're in need of a low post PF. I dont know too much about Williams. We'll be able to pick him up for relatively cheap, we can use part of our MLE or even sign and trade.

What are you guys' thoughts?

As the days pressed on, Quincy Douby knew it was becoming unlikely the Kings would pick up his option. Shelden Williams said he felt the same.

On Monday, the picture became a little more clear.

Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said the team options for both players are "somewhat under consideration, but highly unlikely."

The deadline is Oct. 31.

Douby, who has been limited since spraining his right ankle Oct. 3, is eyeing a return Thursday against Houston. His option for the 2009-10 season would net him $2.2 million.

Williams' contract is worth $4.3 million.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1329957.html

A nice future of:
Ford
Rush
Granger
Williams
Hibbert

Since86
10-21-2008, 11:30 AM
A nice future of:
Tinsley
Rush
Granger
Williams
Hibbert

I'm really hoping that was just a brain fart on your part.....

MillerTime
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm really hoping that was just a brain fart on your part.....

LOL opps, I corrected it. Its late here and Ive been studying all day. My bad

CableKC
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
We have 1 roster space for some rotational low-post scoring PF that I think we can pay ( at most ) the full MLE that can play next to ( or ahead of ) Foster and more then likely behind the likes of Murphy and Hibbert next season in the PF/C rotation.....I don't feel that Sheldon Williams and his huge forehead has done enough in the NBA to prove to me that he is worth acquiring...much less signing in the near future.

If we had to actually spend the MLE on a PF that can do that....I would much rather make a run at Maxiell. We probably won't get him....but at least he fits a need for us and makes a little bit more sense.

croz24
10-21-2008, 01:20 PM
sheldon williams will always be available

Major Cold
10-21-2008, 01:40 PM
:laugh:

OakMoses
10-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Tinsley & Baston for Williams & Bobby Jackson works.

Justin Tyme
10-21-2008, 02:11 PM

One of few times I can agree with you.:D

spreedom
10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Why on earth would anyone want that scrub? He clearly isn't much of a player if the bottom-feeding Kings won't even pick up his option. What would that even cost them? $5m maybe?

I'd give them Tinsley and filler for Williams and an expiring. Nothing more.

MyFavMartin
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Tinsley & Baston for Williams & Bobby Jackson works.

I think Jackson is a fan fave there and while it makes sense, I don't think the Maloofs do that. I don't see them trading Moore and the P's will say no to someone like Thomas without a first rounder, right?

Jonathan
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Sheldon Williams has some positives. He is tall, strong, and intelligent. He will not get in trouble off the court but he is not that great of a basketball player. Do you think he is better than Mc Roberts & Why?

Speed
10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Sheldon Williams has some positives. He is tall, strong, and intelligent. He will not get in trouble off the court but he is not that great of a basketball player. Do you think he is better than Mc Roberts & Why?

Is he tall, I thought he was undersized, height-wise. I wonder why teams are so willing to not have him?

Plax80
10-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Sounds like the perfect pacer to me:

Was good in college
Played on a good college team
Hasn't been in trouble
Isn't any good and has almost no value to any other team

I think I just described our entire roster except for Granger although thats a little unfair to Dunleavy.

Charcoal Filtered
10-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Atlanta drafted Sheldon high because they thought he would be a Dale Davis like presense. Too bad it was of Dale Davis 2008.

DGPR
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Sounds like the perfect pacer to me:

Was good in college
Played on a good college team
Hasn't been in trouble
Isn't any good and has almost no value to any other team

I think I just described our entire roster except for Granger although thats a little unfair to Dunleavy.

We know Dunleavy has more value to us than he did with Golden State.

Raoul Duke
10-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe they'd like a couple 2nds for him??

MyFavMartin
10-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Is he tall, I thought he was undersized, height-wise. I wonder why teams are so willing to not have him?

6'7 and 3/4" w/o shoes. Right under 6'9" with shoes, this according to draftexpress.

Robertmto
10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
maybe he can bring candace to a few games!!!!

MillerTime
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Maybe they'd like a couple 2nds for him??

ya that be nice. This would give Sheldon another chance to prove something. He did so well in Duke, he just never found his game in the NBA

d_c
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM
ya that be nice. This would give Sheldon another chance to prove something. He did so well in Duke, he just never found his game in the NBA

A lot of players did very well at Duke who didn't do much in the NBA, so I wouldn't use that as any kind of measuring stick.

Shelden Williams just isn't that good. If he was any good, he would have gotten more minutes from teams (Kings and Hawks) that desperately need what he allegedly brings to the table.

Doddage
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Perhaps he could have a Dun-type revival on this team and show why he was a top pick. I'd take a flyer on him, if only the price was small enough...

d_c
10-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Perhaps he could have a Dun-type revival on this team and show why he was a top pick. I'd take a flyer on him, if only the price was small enough...

FWIW, Dunleavy (from an individual player standpoint) accomplished way, way more with the Warriors than Williams ever did with the Hawks/Kings.

Doddage
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
The only scenario I came up with that I'd want to bring Shelden here (that Sacramento would consider, therefore no Tinsley) is trading Maceo for him, and using our trade exception from the Portland trade. Other than that or signing him to a very low deal next summer, there's nothing on our team that I want to give up for him.

lavell12
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
As a Duke fan I'd rather have Shelden here than McRoberts. McRoberts has more talent and potential but Shelden can bang around with the big boys and is a much better defender (not that Mc's defense is bad).