PDA

View Full Version : Pacers kick off Fantasy Articles

ruffriders23
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Go check out the article and let both me and Brunno know what you think!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fantasy_preview_0809.html

maragin
10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Good article. A couple of things jumped out at me.

"9) Brandon Roy: Vince Carter would be here on most lists, but he tweaked his ankle and the Nets will lose more than they win. Roy has a great young team surrounding him and Greg Odon will dominate the Rookie of the Year voting. The Blazers lost Martell Webster for two months, but Roy has enough around him to justify this ranking."

Spelling error.

"I like Danny to really explode this season."

I read this sentence 3 times, and it still seems off. (#3 seemed a little high or Danny, but that's just my opinion.)

"Roy Hibbert: The rookie is listed at 7-2 and 278 ounds"

That's a lot of ounds.

My fantasy knowledge is limited, so I can't judge you too harshly on your picks. A pretty good read, overall. Post more on this board, as good writers add to the community.

Infinite MAN_force
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
As far as pacer players are concerned, I think TJ is too low and Danny is too high. Although I don't have much of a feel for how fantasy stats work. I guess a guy like pierce is expected to put up lower stats becuase of the strength of his teammates.

ruffriders23
10-18-2008, 06:46 PM
There were some typos that were not caught prior to posting. Gearing up for the season means errors are made sometimes. Just keep reading and help me help you!

YoSoyIndy
10-19-2008, 08:27 PM
It's hard for me to get into fantasy basketball like I do football. How does everyone set up their league? Head-to-head? Roto?

DisplacedKnick
10-19-2008, 10:13 PM
I actually disagree with you on Mo Williams. The Cavs have been desperate for a reliable second perimeter scorer. It's why they busted the bank over Larry Hughes. Mo should still be able to get his 15-17 points and with Lebron his assists should go up too.

Nobody should take him in the 1st rd or anything but I think he'll be pretty valuable. If he's your top guard you'll have a weakness but it won't be a crippling weakness.

That's the only major disagreement I have which adds up to me thinking it's a pretty good article.

LG33
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM
That sure makes my fantasy team look better, DK, and I tend to agree with you. I guess only time will tell if both of us are wrong.