PDA

View Full Version : Ticket ? - very happy ending!!!

pacerfreak
10-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Would my wife and I be better off purchasing tickets for tonights game at Conseco or prepay online? We'd like to get the best seats we can. We don't get to go very often. I thought the preseason games might be cheaper, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hicks
10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
You should have no problem getting good seats tonight if you walk up to the box office.

Smoothdave1
10-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I believe that if buy directly at the box office, you can save yourself a few bucks on the ticketmaster charge.

With that said, there will be PLENTY of tickets available for the game tonight.

pacerfreak
10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Thank you genltemen. I'm starting to get a little excited. Pre-season or not, this team seams to get more and more fun to watch.

'Freak...out.

Jonathan
10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Here is what you do. Have an idea of what section you would like to sit in. Do not go by price, Find where you want to sit via on line seating chart and have two or three sections you want. Show up to the game around 6:30-6:45 & park. Scalp Tickets and low ball the hell out the scalper, Trust me they invested zero money in the seats. Offer the Scalpers $40 dollars for the pair. Pay no more than $60 for two good seats. In fact you can purchase ten dollar seats and sit pretty much wherever you want. It is preseason and a lot families have highschool football games, haunted houses, and fish frys to attend tonight.

duke dynamite
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is what you do. Have an idea of what section you would like to sit in. Do not go by price, Find where you want to sit via on line seating chart and have two or three sections you want. Show up to the game around 6:30-6:45 & park. Scalp Tickets and low ball the hell out the scalper, Trust me they invested zero money in the seats. Offer the Scalpers $40 dollars for the pair. Pay no more than $60 for two good seats. In fact you can purchase ten dollar seats and sit pretty much wherever you want. It is preseason and a lot families have highschool football games, haunted houses, and fish frys to attend tonight.
He he, I took that method a lot of times last year, and didn't use some of my season tickets...:angel:

aceace
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I went to a game couple years back by myself and bought a $150 ticket for $30 about 5 minutes before the game, awesome seat. I could have bought a ticket in just about any section. There were at least 30+ people selling tickets. I would go this route if you can.

grace
10-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Until attendance picks up there's no reason to buy on line and pay all the extra fees when you can walk up to the window and avoid the fees.

Unclebuck
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I suppose I'd rather pay the Pacers than to pay some scalper. Also always keep in mind you never know when a ticket bought from a scalper might be counterfeit

pacerfreak
10-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I suppose I'd rather pay the Pacers than to pay some scalper. Also always keep in mind you never know when a ticket bought from a scalper might be counterfeit

Yeah for me personally, what's right is right! No gray. I have to agree it is better to do what is right than to save a buck,(no pun there UB):D.

"Freak...out.

aceace
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
In the last 20 years I have probably made less than what a minimum salaried player will make for 1 season. I live a 100 miles away and gas is expensive. If I can buy a better ticket from a scalper, who most likely got the ticket from a season ticket holder that could not attend that night, its going to happen. Yes, there is always a chance on getting a counterfeit. I am careful about this.

I support the Pacers by buying t-shirts and many other things. I watch the corporate commercials during the games. These corporations pay the Pacers. I feel as though I support the Pacers in many ways. The Simons who are billionaires will survive without me being all Mr. Rightious and insisting on paying full price at the box office and sitting way up high where I take a chance on getting a nose bleed. I have been there for the Pacers in good and bad since about 1973. I'm sure that some of you feel like a much mightier Pacer fan than I because you have had season tickets since 1967. Maybe you feel like an owner in a way. Maybe you got "post of the year" here at PD. Maybe you are! I do what I can for the team I love like no other.

El Pacero
10-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Scalpers are the only way to go. You can get much better seats for a much lower price. These days, a $100 plus awesome seat is $40 tops. I sat immediately right behind Chris and Quinn and got to watch myself during the postgame, for $40. I buy so many beers, pizzas, and merchandise that I don't feel bad at all. I get an awesome seat at a super price.

duke dynamite
10-18-2008, 12:41 AM
In the last 20 years I have probably made less than what a minimum salaried player will make for 1 season. I live a 100 miles away and gas is expensive. If I can buy a better ticket from a scalper, who most likely got the ticket from a season ticket holder that could not attend that night, its going to happen. Yes, there is always a chance on getting a counterfeit. I am careful about this.

I support the Pacers by buying t-shirts and many other things. I watch the corporate commercials during the games. These corporations pay the Pacers. I feel as though I support the Pacers in many ways. The Simons who are billionaires will survive without me being all Mr. Rightious and insisting on paying full price at the box office and sitting way up high where I take a chance on getting a nose bleed. I have been there for the Pacers in good and bad since about 1973. I'm sure that some of you feel like a much mightier Pacer fan than I because you have had season tickets since 1967. Maybe you feel like an owner in a way. Maybe you got "post of the year" here at PD. Maybe you are! I do what I can for the team I love like no other.
No such thing as a nose bleed seat at the Fieldhouse. But you are awesome and appreciated for your loyalty.

heywoode
10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
No such thing as a nose bleed seat at the Fieldhouse. But you are awesome and appreciated for your loyalty.

Oh yes there is! I won't sit above the first couple of rows of the balcony. It just isn't worth my time or gas money to drive two hours one way to sit that high. I have turned down free balcony tix many times. I get vertigo walking up those balcony staircases.

The only freebies I'll accept anymore are club level or better. The only tix I'll buy are club level or better. Regardless of what I buy, I'll be looking for vacant seats in the lower bowl because life is WAAAY too short to sit that high. Maybe if I lived in Indy and it wasn't costing us $40 or more just to get there!

I see nothing wrong with buying scalped tickets, as long as they are legitimate tix. The Pacers were already paid for those tickets by whomever bought them and gave them to a scalper. The Pacers aren't losing a nickel by anyone patronizing a scalper. The prices are too high, and the players (and everyone else involved) make too much money already.

Hicks
10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Well, if you were going to the game anyway, they ARE losing money because you just bought a ticket that was already bought before, as opposed to buying a second ticket they haven't sold yet.

idioteque
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
We should all make some type of ticket buyers guide/Conseco Fieldhouse FAQ page for help these people out.

Not that I could actually provide much help since I haven't been to the Fieldhouse in two years, but hey, I can at least delegate it. :-p

heywoode
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, if you were going to the game anyway, they ARE losing money because you just bought a ticket that was already bought before, as opposed to buying a second ticket they haven't sold yet.

I should've clarified that I wouldn't be going to the game if I would spend the same money for crappy seats from the Pacers instead of decent seats from a scalper. I only go if I have decent seats. I love the Pacers, but it is just too much to spend to come down and be 200 feet above the court.

Maybe if the good tickets weren't so outrageously priced and/or reserved for season ticket holders who can afford several THOUSAND dollars to support the Pacers...

Actually, the only time I've gone to a game in recent memory is from freebie tickets, or by buying tickets directly from the Pacers (and Ticketmaster) for as much as $25 each and then just sitting wherever I wanted or could find seats. I wouldn't invest the time to come all the way down to Indy without already having tickets. I still support the idea of buying from a scalper on the basis of what I listed before and above.

pacerfreak
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
WE HAD A GREAT NITE FRIDAY!!!

I purchased our tickets at the ticket boothe.

I asked for any good deals and the nice young lady in the ticket boothe ask me if I was in the military and I said no but that I am a veteran(NAVY Seabee). She ask me for a card and I said I didn't have one with me. She said bring it the next time...your tickets will be $5 each. I'm thinking(sweet), she says you seats are in section 16 row 2. WOW just WOW. I'll never get to sit that close again. That was an awsome experience and we played really well.

Thanks to all who answered my question.
:happydanc:happydanc:happydanc

duke dynamite
10-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Actually, the only time I've gone to a game in recent memory is from freebie tickets, or by buying tickets directly from the Pacers (and Ticketmaster) for as much as $25 each and then just sitting wherever I wanted or could find seats. I wouldn't invest the time to come all the way down to Indy without already having tickets. I still support the idea of buying from a scalper on the basis of what I listed before and above.
Ahem....

:P

Unclebuck
10-20-2008, 11:42 AM

I asked for any good deals and the nice young lady in the ticket boothe ask me if I was in the military and I said no but that I am a veteran(NAVY Seabee). She ask me for a card and I said I didn't have one with me. She said bring it the next time...your tickets will be $5 each. I'm thinking(sweet), she says you seats are in section 16 row 2. WOW just WOW. I'll never get to sit that close again. That was an awsome experience and we played really well.

Wow, that is great. Glad they did that for you.

edit: hope no one minds, but added something onto the thread title - just so everyone knows there is a happy ending to this

Roaming Gnome
10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I love the fact that the Pacers did something to recognize your service to our country. To me, that is totally awsome.

BillS
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM

So by the same token I shouldn't sell my tickets if I can't go to the game because I'm robbing the team of money?

:hmm:

If they aren't selling out, that's not my problem.

If they are selling out, then it doesn't matter to them.

Bball
10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
:salute:

duke dynamite
10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Kudos

Hicks
10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
So by the same token I shouldn't sell my tickets if I can't go to the game because I'm robbing the team of money?

If you give a ticket to someone who was ready and willing to pay for his own at the box office, that does cost the team money.

Hicks
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Before this goes any further: I want it to be clear to all readers that I'm calling it how I see it, but I am not attempting pass judgment one way or the other on this issue.

aceace
10-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm sure my post came off a little negative. I believe in "to each his own". Some of you that have season tickets that live near Indy do not have the cost of $50 in gas to drive 2 hours away. I doubt the Pacers really care whether I buy from a scalper, they are probably happy that someone from 2 hours away decided to be a butt in the seats. If season ticket holders can't go but can still get some of their money back it makes them more likely to buy season tickets again. Its nice to see that the Pacers are looking out for those that served our country.

duke dynamite
10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
It hasn't been tough yet to make it to a game. Yeah, the drive gets old, but living two hours away does not have very many benefits. I just grind it out and get joy to know that I am considered to be part of something bigger than I.

duke dynamite
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I do have mixed feelings on scalping. Yeah, sometimes they can really get you on an event with high demand. The prices go up...that sucks.
Honestly, the seats have already been paid for, so it doesn't matter who sits in that seat, as long as someone that is holding that piece of paper saying that is where they're supposed to be.
Honestly, sometimes scalpers are as annoying as can be, and they don't realize that there are a multitude of reasons why I don't want to do business with them sometimes.

All in all, if you want to see something bad enough, you'll do anything within your means to do so.

Roaming Gnome
10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Before I had season tickets, I did business primarily with the scalpers. I honestly don't have a problem with them and feel they are doing a service to those that don't have the internet, or want to call a ticket broker like Circle City Tickets. I like the fact with scalpers that I can just go. No checking availability, no phone calls....Park and head for the stadium/arena.

Don't get me wrong, there are crooks out there with fake tickets, so you have to kinda know what you are doing. Personally, I never been burned, but know a couple of people that have. Most scalpers with Pacer tickets are there every night, so there is no incentive for them to deal fake tickets. As for the Colts, there are a lot more counterfiet tickets out there. I usually look for tickets that look familiar, like a season ticket, or a ticket printed at the Luc or Conseco. If it looks like it was printed out of town, I usually don't chance it and look for the next scalper.

duke dynamite
10-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Before I had season tickets, I did business primarily with the scalpers. I honestly don't have a problem with them and feel they are doing a service to those that don't have the internet, or want to call a ticket broker like Circle City Tickets. I like the fact with scalpers that I can just go. No checking availability, no phone calls....Park and head for the stadium/arena.

Don't get me wrong, there are crooks out there with fake tickets, so you have to kinda know what you are doing. Personally, I never been burned, but know a couple of people that have. Most scalpers with Pacer tickets are there every night, so there is no incentive for them to deal fake tickets. As for the Colts, there are a lot more counterfiet tickets out there. I usually look for tickets that look familiar, like a season ticket, or a ticket printed at the Luc or Conseco. If it looks like it was printed out of town, I usually don't chance it and look for the next scalper.
Agreed. And when it comes to Colts tickets, its due to the high demand of those seats. Of course there will be a greater chance of hitting a fake ticket, because of the demand.

I have started to recognize some of the scalpers around the Fieldhouse, and a couple of them yell twards me, but when I get close they stop, because I never give them the time of day. Just like reps, other fans, to them we have become familiar faces.

YoSoyIndy
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM

A friend of mine with the Marines was told the same thing, too. They said they have a military price of $5 for any ticket in the house, but its only available on game day.

That's great you got to sit row 2. I didn't realize they meant EVERY seat in the house.

pacerfreak
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I was very surprised and honestly a little emotional. The young lady seemed very sincere, and the fact that the Pacers orginization are respectfully showing their support for those who serve their country really meant alot to me. We WILL go back and watch more games because of this.:)

heywoode
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Before this goes any further: I want it to be clear to all readers that I'm calling it how I see it, but I am not attempting pass judgment one way or the other on this issue.

I know you well enough to know that you were merely stating your opinion and not judging anyone. Thanks for making it clear for the people who don't know you well!

I was very surprised and honestly a little emotional. The young lady seemed very sincere, and the fact that the Pacers orginization are respectfully showing their support for those who serve their country really meant alot to me. We WILL go back and watch more games because of this.:)

Yeah, that is fantastic. I'm sure sometimes it must seem that what you do is kind of a thankless job when the debate rages about whether we should be in Iraq or whether almost any military decision is the correct one. Every soldier in any branch I've ever met wanted to leave the politics at the door and just do their job. That's what it's all about! Glad you got treated to great seats at a great price, and a great show. Hope you get to experience that more often.

Bball
10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I think it's awesome that PS&E are doing this.

Kudos!

-Bball

Naptown_Seth
10-21-2008, 12:16 AM

I'm with Bill on this one.
Sorry Hicks, I understand your math but let's be brutally honest here, without scalpers the Pacers would have sold A LOT LESS tickets in total last year. The scalpers are the ones taking the hit when they have to sell lower than they paid.

The Pacers probably love these guaranteed buyers way more than the Joe that "might" show up and buy a walk up. It's not like they are discouraging them from buying/selling or that they are totally blind to what is going on. As someone who has scalped a ton and also bought a ton from the BO I have no problem with the practice in terms of how it "hurts the team".

It does bug me that scalpers are able to hold on to so many tickets, but then as I mentioned they have probably put a lot of money into it up front whereas the fanbase can wax and wane with the W-L record and leave them hanging.

Then again I could see the case where you don't patronize scalpers in order to run them out of business and free up a lot more tickets for regular fans, but that's just not realistic.