PDA

View Full Version : GM and Front Office Salaries

MillerTime
10-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Is there a website that states how much money each GM in the league makes, and some work front office workers?

Smoothdave1
10-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm not aware of any sites and teams are not required to release the information. Unlike player salaries, which usually leak out, finding front office salaries is a little tougher.

With that said, I think I recall seeing somewhere that a guy like Bird makes something like 4 million a year. My guess is that a guy like Morway is also probably making a million+ a year.

MillerTime
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not aware of any sites and teams are not required to release the information. Unlike player salaries, which usually leak out, finding front office salaries is a little tougher.

With that said, I think I recall seeing somewhere that a guy like Bird makes something like 4 million a year. My guess is that a guy like Morway is also probably making a million+ a year.

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering how much a lawyer for an NBA team would make. I dont think the Pacers have a seperate legal team. I think Morway takes care of the legal side. But I could be wrong.

Teams like Raptors have a 3 man legal team. I wonder how much the lawyers make with them?

ABADays
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Having worked for a professional franchise only the top dogs make any kind of money. I had to leave a dream job because I could project out and see that I just wasn't going to make near what I needed in the future. That's the case for a lot of front office people.

duke dynamite
10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering how much a lawyer for an NBA team would make. I dont think the Pacers have a seperate legal team. I think Morway takes care of the legal side. But I could be wrong.

Teams like Raptors have a 3 man legal team. I wonder how much the lawyers make with them?

Where did you find this information?

MillerTime
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Where did you find this information?

well about the Raps, I have a friend who works for them in their marketing team. She told me about the 3 man legal team.

About the Pacers, it was something that I read and came to a conclusion. Im still not 100% sure if the Pacers do or dont have a legal team

duke dynamite
10-16-2008, 09:39 PM
well about the Raps, I have a friend who works for them in their marketing team. She told me about the 3 man legal team.

About the Pacers, it was something that I read and came to a conclusion. Im still not 100% sure if the Pacers do or dont have a legal team
Okay, just curious. I didn't know if there was somewhere this information could be obtained other than an inside source.

MillerTime
10-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Having worked for a professional franchise only the top dogs make any kind of money. I had to leave a dream job because I could project out and see that I just wasn't going to make near what I needed in the future. That's the case for a lot of front office people.

An average barrister, at their peak, makes about $300K a year. If I could work for the Raps or Pacers and make $200k or a little under (after a many years, definately not starting), I would be more than happy.

Smoothdave1
10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
I saw a staff listing for the Pacers and did not see any other attorneys listed, other than Morway, to my knowledge. Some of the teams may contract out services or have a retainer with a firm. With Moway practicing contract law, I'm sure the Pacers turn to him as far as what can and cannot be done regarding the CBA, etc.

MarionDeputy
10-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I believe legal services for Pacer's Sports and entertainment are contracted out to Ice Miller, a huge local law firm....

ChicagoJ
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I believe legal services for Pacer's Sports and entertainment are contracted out to Ice Miller, a huge local law firm....

I think you are right, but you'll never find information about that in the public domain. The database that I have a subscription to has PS&E's external legal counsel listed as "Not Available".

This either means 'none of our business' or the law firm known as Not Available, LLC has a huge list of clients.

MillerTime
10-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I found out some information. Apparently, every team has atleast one General Counsel (a lawyer), some teams have more like the Raps who apparently have 3. They dont necessarily draft contracts or negotiate for them, just give them general corporate advice. Which is good for me, because I am specializing in Corporate and Commercial Law :D

ChicagoJ
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Well yeah. Every operating company in the world over a certain size (say, $10 million in revenue) has a general counsel either on payroll or on a retainer. Especially if they have contracts, or leases, or employees.