PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Jack Attacking the Interior

RamBo_Lamar
10-14-2008, 05:34 AM
While he sometimes looks wild and out of control, I must say that I really
like what I've seen from Jarrett Jack and his penchant for penetrating and
attacking the interior. He seems very bold when going in against the bigs.

(Photo by Mark Webber/AP - IndyStar 10/14/08)
http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Dato=20081014&Kategori=SPORTS04&Lopenr=810140365&Ref=AR&MaxW=580&MaxH=460&Q=100&Site=BG&MaxW=580&MaxH=600

:-o:happydanc:happydanc:happydanc

Swingman
10-14-2008, 07:44 AM
so did gasol get a foul called on him? his arms aren't straight up :happydanc

Unclebuck
10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Jack is a physical point guard - what he lacks in pure quickness and pure point guard skills - he makes up for with his physical play - and one way you can tell he is phycial is that he gets to the free throw line quite a bit

Speed
10-14-2008, 09:39 AM
It's interesting, I can't remember the last time the Pacers had guys who could penetrate at will, now you have two guys at the point who do so in distinctively different ways.

This season has the makings of something really different.

You have point guards who can penetrate and big men who can pass. Both things that puts enormous amounts of pressure on opposing defenses.

The thing I'm looking for the next few games is the point guard penetration to lead to easy shots by other players much more often.

McKeyFan
10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I got a feeling Dunleavy is going to thrive in this offense.

He's a bit slow, so he relies on positioning and perfect execution. Last year, he had almost no space to work with. This year, he will have a ton.

OakMoses
10-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Jack's biggest offensive strength is his ability to run the pick & roll and to use picks to attack the basket. He's has an excellent ability to split the double teams that come off of pick and rolls and then attack and wreak havoc on defenses. I just hope that we realize this and utilize it as the high pick and roll has not been a huge staple in our offense.

Also, I think that giving the ball to Rasho or Roy on the elbow and then posting Jack against a smaller PG or getting him the ball on backcuts will be a good play for us.