PDA

View Full Version : Pacers @ Grizz Post Game

Raskolnikov
10-14-2008, 04:36 AM
I didn't see the game of course, but am anxious to hear everyone's comments. Did Hibby play as well as his stat line suggests? How was Rush's game? Did Jack attack the basket that much as his number of FT's suggest? Does Graham deserve a roster spot? And boy, Cro really is cold isn't he...

bellisimo
10-14-2008, 05:22 AM
game wasn't televised you Euro punk!
:D :D :D

so most people's feedback is going to be based on the audio/gamestats ;)

Raskolnikov
10-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Ah, didn't know that.

So many questions will remain unanswered now :(

Unclebuck
10-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Mark Boyle who is not one to gush over a Pacers player performance. He said during the radio broadcast that he was not expecting Hibbert to be this good. For Mark to say that - he must really think he is going to be good.

Roaming Gnome
10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Mark Boyle who is not one to gush over a Pacers player performance. He said during the radio broadcast that he was not expecting Hibbert to be this good. For Mark to say that - he must really think he is going to be good.

Yeah, I did catch onto that, also.

Raskolnikov
10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
From what I saw in the Hibby vs. Chicago video, Pacers are already running the offense through him a lot, and he proves to be a very good passer. He needs to cut down on the fade-away jump shots though, we've seen enough of that in the past couple of years. Let's hope he can develop into a real post threat. McRoberts seems to be an active & pretty smart player btw (good without the ball). Of course you can't really draw any conclusions from a couple of plays...in the preseason...but still, better play good than bad I'd say.

Unclebuck
10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm anxious to see Roy in person later this week. I can't get a really good feel for a guy until I see them in person

Tom White
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I did not get to listen to the game, but when you consider the Pacers were without (as I understand it) Dun, Murphy and Granger it sounds like some other guys tried to step it up and give a good account of themselves. I was able to hear a little bit of Kevin's post game show, between the signal fading in and out. He was really bemoaning Croshere's play so far, and was not very supportive of the Pacers keeping him, at least at this point.

Speed
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
I did not get to listen to the game, but when you consider the Pacers were without (as I understand it) Dun, Murphy and Granger it sounds like some other guys tried to step it up and give a good account of themselves. I was able to hear a little bit of Kevin's post game show, between the signal fading in and out. He was really bemoaning Croshere's play so far, and was not very supportive of the Pacers keeping him, at least at this point.

It's gonna be tough to keep him money wise too. You have to pay him 1.3 if you keep him and the player you cut to make room for him will have a guarateed contract too.

Unless a Tinsley deal gets done that doesn't bring back a guaranteed contract, I bet Austin is gone.

The guy was fighting an uphill battle anyway based on finances alone. Maybe they cut Austin and later if they get a Tinsley deal done, during the season, that doesn't bring back players, they can pick him back up. It's a real long shot though.

OakMoses
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I was going to ask about Rush's defense on Mayo, as the box score doesn't imply good things. Then I realized that nobody saw the game and that my question was pointless.

idioteque
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
I know at least earlier in the game Rush was not guarding Mayo, Rush was guarding Gay. But I don't know if there was an adjustment later in the game or what.

McKeyFan
10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
I was going to ask about Rush's defense on Mayo, as the box score doesn't imply good things. Then I realized that nobody saw the game and that my question was pointless.

Now's the time for our friend Mark Boyle to comment.

Mark, none of us saw the game. Give us some thoughts!

kester99
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
The 1070 radio website has a statement on it that they are not allowed to stream broadcast games...that we should go to NBA.com audio league pass to listen.

I did so, and heard the Memphis announcers. Did anyone find an online radio feed of the Pacers broadcasters? Any info is appreciated.

LG33
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I also suffered through Memphis radio, where they talked about White Snake and Journey.