PDA

View Full Version : Starbury's Kicks

JayRedd
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Just like every Monday, I was checking out Starbury's shoe website and noticed something interesting. Do the Pacers have a sponsorship deal with Starbury that I don't know about?

Check the "Footwear" link. Of his dozen or so shoe names, he has "Marquis," "Troy," "Rush" and even "Danger." Odd.

http://www.starbury.com/

duke dynamite
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
That has to be beyond coincidence.

I have to get new shoes that go with dress pants for my new job. I feel like the Brown Marquis pair looks good with Khaki.

$15 bucks not bad.

MrSparko
10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I thought I was the only one that did this!

Gyron
10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Isn't Steve and Barry's going out of business? Or is in Bankruptcy or something like that?

MrSparko
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
People don't want to associate with thugs like Danger, Troy, Marquis, and certainly not Rush. It is becoming blatantly obvious that not till Steve and Barry's trade the following shoes for bottles of milk and kittens will true basketball loving fans shop there without feeling dirty.

duke dynamite
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Isn't Steve and Barry's going out of business? Or is in Bankruptcy or something like that?
Only 100 stores are closing. None of which in Indiana.

I called the one in Bloomington but they don't carry Starbury shoes. Just IU apparel.

I also called the one in Lafayette Square Mall, they do not carry many pairs...

duke dynamite
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
People don't want to associate with thugs like Danger, Troy, Marquis, and certainly not Rush. It is becoming blatantly obvious that not till Steve and Barry's trade the following shoes for bottles of milk and kittens will true basketball loving fans shop there without feeling dirty.
What!? :hmm:

Jonathan
10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
That has to be beyond coincidence.

I have to get new shoes that go with dress pants for my new job. I feel like the Brown Marquis pair looks good with Khaki.

$15 buck not bad.

You will be in line for a promotion in no Time Dynamite!! Way to dress for success excelent:)

Shade
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
That is really, really weird.

Btw, who coined "Danger" as a nickname for Danny? I'd be wanting some royalties right about now. :twocents:

duke dynamite
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
You will be in line for a promotion in no Time Dynamite!! Way to dress for success excelent:)
He he, thanks.

I found a decent pair of adidas "dress" shoes I'm going to get, since no Steve & Barry's location in Indiana carries these shoes...

Since86
10-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I doubt they're in reference to the Pacers. Marquis, Danger, Rush all have obvious other connotations than the last names of Pacer players.

Troy, I'm struggling with. Maybe he really liked the movie. (I really doubt he's read the Iliad and the Odyssey.) :shrug: