PDA

View Full Version : JO's Pre-Season Performance

Pacemaker
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I was wondering ... what do you guys think about JO's pre-season performance so far ? In my opinion his poor productivity has validated our trade. May be the jury is still out on this trade but I'm so glad we got Ford and Hibbert for him.

BKK
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I was wondering ... what do you guys think about JO's pre-season performance so far ? In my opinion his poor productivity has validated our trade. May be the jury is still out on this trade but I'm so glad we got Ford and Hibbert for him.

the answer is in your question... It's pre-season I don't think too much about player performances... Look at Danny right now he's had two poor outings but we know he'll bounce back. Now I ll admit the odds are much better than JO coming back to All Star form but we cannot really judge on this type of games. Still I love what we got for him too!

Anthem
10-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I haven't seen a game with him, so I can't say yet. His biggest value to the team is going to be defensively, which won't show up on the stat sheet.

Speaking purely in terms of box score, though, it's not like he's playing terrible. 9 and 5 in 18 mpg is far off of what they'd want, especially in a new system with a guy who's not been a scoring emphasis for close to a year. His percentages should be better, but it's only 2 games.

I really don't think this says anything one way or another.

BlueNGold
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
His preseason performance at least stat-wise does not look good, but it also does not mean much. We should get a decent read sometime during the first couple months of the season.

IMO, he will help their interior defense quite a bit. If he stays healthy into April and May, it will be a nice return for the Raps. But even if that does happen, the Pacers are better off too. It could turn out to be a win-win trade.

Hicks
10-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, if it's 9 and 5 in 18mpg, then double the mpg and you might get 18 and 10.....

bambam
10-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I personally do not wish JO bad...well except vs the Pacers. He was a good guy and player for the Pacers. The organization just needed a change. He brought good attention to the Pacers as an allstar in 2002-2007. Most improved in 2001-02 and all NBA 2nd and 3rd team. We just know of the handful that brought bad attention to us.

BlueNGold
10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, if it's 9 and 5 in 18mpg, then double the mpg and you might get 18 and 10.....

As long as he stays healthy, his production will be ok. He will not go out and average 20 and 10, but he should be able to get into the teens, shoot 45% from the floor, a couple blocks and pick up 8 or maybe 9 boards a game. Pretty good production IMO. Basically, the only thing stopping this trade from being a significant plus for the Raps is JO's health situation.

Anthem
10-12-2008, 06:00 PM
18.5mpg doubles to 37mpg, which is more than I'd want him averaging if I'm the Raps.

The percentage is a bigger concern, but nobody shoots well in preseason.

Pacemaker
10-12-2008, 06:05 PM
18.5mpg doubles to 37mpg, which is more than I'd want him averaging if I'm the Raps.

The percentage is a bigger concern, but nobody shoots well in preseason.

In recent years JO's FG% for a PF has been awful so given his injuries and the aging factor I expect this trend to continue or get even worse.

Erik
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't feel that his positive or negative productivity would validate the trade or not. It was simply time for both sides to move on. Pacer fans know his best and worst, I hope he finishes out his career nicely.

LoneGranger33
10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't feel that his positive or negative productivity would validate the trade or not. It was simply time for both sides to move on. Pacer fans know his best and worst, I hope he finishes out his career nicely.

Agree. Especially since he said he wanted to retire as a Pacer.