PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Slingbox

juadam09
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I have a SlingBox Pro set up back home in Virginia. I am in Florida and so far this year I have been able to access my slingbox, but I am having a problem with it freezing. It plays for maybe 5 or 7 minutes and then it goes into a "optimizing" mode and it will freeze untill I turn off the slingplayer and turn it back on. This makes it damn near inporrible to watch tv shows I have DVR'd and it also makes watching football games painful.

At first I thought the problem might be on my end since we just switched to Verizon Fios but after doing some research a lot of people have had this problem regardless of provider or where they are located.

I have changed the "configuration" time from the default setting to "14 seconds" but so far it has not made a difference.

Have any of you that have the Slingbox had this problem? If so how did you fix it? From the stuff I read online so far it looks like the problem is one that the tech staff and slingbox HQ had before and they could not come up with a solution. The best response I have seen so far is they just said it was a "hardware malfunction"

I really like my slingbox and love being able to watch local games and tv, but assuming this is a problem that can not be fixed do I have any other alternatives. I have the pro version and to the best of my knowedfe the only one above this is the PRO HD, which I would assume would have the same problem.

juadam09
10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Just bumping this up. Surely some one here has a slingbox

Gyron
10-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I think ABA was using a sling box from Iraq.

bellisimo
10-13-2008, 04:08 PM
we use slingbox at work but unfortunately do not have the experience in using it myself

juadam09
10-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I have almost given up on Slingbox.

I called and talked to one guy who told me to upgrade the software to 2.0. So I did. What he did not tell me was that this would delete all of the settings I have in place.

I call a second time and I am told "No way should you ever have uploaded till you were near the home tv so you could hardwire".

Then I do some research and see military people who were getting assistance while overseas with their slingbox problems. So I call back today and the guy says I do not need to hardwire it but I need to go to set up. Well I go to set up and it freaking goes through the whole video and then just takes me back to the home screen, not to the setup screen like it is supposed to.

The guy tells me to delete the software and then reinstall so none of my information is saved so I do that. Yet it still doesn't work after the reinstall and my information is still saved in the software!!!! :mad:

I have almost given up and am ready to just go buy a DVR or TIVO or something, but I really do enjoy watching my Redskins games on Sunday. Of course I have the audio league pass so if I cant figure this out soon I might just give up on SB and start shopping around for DVR's

ABADays
10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I spent the money and time to install lsingbox before I came over here. Having done that, the available kbps are so slow it doesn't even remotely run the program. So it's been a bust for me but probably not slingbox fault.