PDA

View Full Version : Real GM Details on the David Harrison Derby

idioteque
10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Oct 11, 2008 9:28 PM EST
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Harrison_David_ind.jpg

David Harrison chose Minnesota over offers from both Chicago and Dallas because he was impressed with Kevin McHale, the St. Paul Star-Tribune is reporting.

"McHale's a great man," Harrison said. "From our conversations, I can tell he cares a lot about the game and his players. He just gave me a general sense of well-being. I have to prove to the owners, the fans, my teammates that I am someone who can be depended upon to play both ends of the court and that I'll be ready for 82 games."

The Wolves signed the 7-foot former Pacer to a one-year, non-guaranteed contract.

In addition to interest from Minnesota, Chicago, and Dallas, it is believed that Harrison received offers from Europe.

-------

So David Harrison signed with Minnesota because he was impressed with McHale, and by that, he must mean that he likes his GM skills, right? He must really be smoking something.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54831/20081011/bulls_mavericks_tried_for_harrison/

JayRedd
10-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Can't hurt David to have a close personal relationship with the guy who might have the best post footwork of all time.

McKeyFan
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Harrison needs to have a close relationship with the best neurosurgeon of all time.

MillerTime
10-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Harrison needs to have a close relationship with the best neurosurgeon of all time.

:laugh::laugh:nice

Natston
10-12-2008, 12:31 AM
It's fairly obvious that he didn't consult the bathroom stall before deciding, maybe they aren't on speaking terms yet...

Eindar
10-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Seems like a good place for him. They've got some big man talent with Love, Jefferson, and even Richard on the roster, but really, all 3 of those guys are PFs. They're going to play Jefferson at C for around 35 minutes per game, I'd say, but if David can beat out Rafael Araujo, which shouldn't be hard, he should get all the backup minutes at Center.

imawhat
10-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Did anyone else read this story and think Mellencamp?

Hicks
10-12-2008, 08:05 AM
It's fairly obvious that he didn't consult the bathroom stall before deciding, maybe they aren't on speaking terms yet...

:laugh:

"It talked **** ONE TOO MANY TIMES!"