PDA

View Full Version : Idea: If we lose Artest.

Young
06-18-2004, 01:29 PM
How about these two trades:

To Indiana: Tracy McGrady
To Orlando: Ron Artest/Jon Bender/Anthony Johnson

To Indiana: Erick Dampier/Shane Battier
To Golden State: Al Harrington/Scot Pollard/Bo Outlaw/Troy Bell
To Memphis: Speedy Claxton/Clifford Robinson

Alright for the first trade we do give up the DOY and a up and coming talent but we gain a star who would make everyone around him better while creating his own shot. About as fair trade as Orlando will get for Mac.

The second trade we add a capable all star center. [I'm starting to come around to the idea of ED.] As for Shane he would bring that defense competiveness that we lose in Ron. Only Shane isn't crazy and won't be rubbing Bird the wrong way by skipping a meating. GS gets a center to replace ED and Foyle, I heard they have interst in Al, Bo brings energy and Troy could develope into a solid point guard for them. Memphis might lose Earl to Minnesota so Speedy is a nice player to backup J-Will and he has a ring. Clifford is a veteran who would play center. Good defender and shooter. They clear the glut at SF.

Also, I checked and our payroll next season after these moves and signing Brewer for 1 million and another veteran for a million would put our payroll at 65,165,034. And i'm positive we are supposed to have 6 million to spend this summer so we would still have some room to breath.

Our new lineup:

PG: Tinsely/Brewer
SG: McGrady/Miller/F.Jones
SF: Battier/Veteran/J.Jones
PF: O'Neal/Croshere
C: Dampier/Foster

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Then we sign Bruce Bowen to replace Ronnie.

PG - Tinsley/Brewer
SG - McGrady/Miller/FJones
SF - Battier/Bowen/JJones
PF - O'Neal/Croshere
C - Dampier/Foster/Brezec

:drool: :nod:

able
06-18-2004, 01:35 PM
I agree with UB, no Damp please.

to expensive, now if he was willing to a S&T for the midlevel, it might be worth a try, anything else is ridiculous.

Young
06-18-2004, 01:37 PM
I agree with UB, no Damp please.

to expensive, now if he was willing to a S&T for the midlevel, it might be worth a try, anything else is ridiculous.

He averaged, 12-12-2, and you want to offer him the MLE? :unimpressed:

I know it was his contract year but I wanna give him a try, see what being on a tittle contender does for him.

able
06-18-2004, 01:45 PM
he had a 9 - 12 season in his 1st year (contract) with GSW and has a 12 12 season in his last year with GSW (contractyear) and for his career he is a 7 rb and 9pts player.

kinda says enough

MSA2CF
06-18-2004, 01:52 PM
PG: Tinsley/Brewer

Tinsley: :thumbsup:
Brewer: I don't think he'll be re-signed :thumbsdown:
McGrady: I have not been an advocate of him, ever. :neutral:
Miller: :thumbsup:
F.Jones: :thumbsup:
Battier: :love:
Veteran: As was said, Bowen: :thumbsup:
O'Neal: :thumbsup:
Croshere: :thumbsup:
Dampier: I'm not sold on him yet. :neutral:
Foster: :thumbsup:

Overall, if this was to happen, I'd have mixed feelings. It is a pretty big shakeup.

Young
06-18-2004, 04:10 PM

Alright for the first trade we do give up the DOY and a up and coming talent but we gain a star who would make everyone around him better while creating his own shot. About as fair trade as Orlando will get for Mac.

The second trade we add a capable all star center. [I'm starting to come around to the idea of ED.] As for Shane he would bring that defense competiveness that we lose in Ron. Only Shane isn't crazy and won't be rubbing Bird the wrong way by skipping a meating. GS gets a center to replace ED and Foyle, I heard they have interst in Al, Bo brings energy and Troy could develope into a solid point guard for them. Memphis might lose Earl to Minnesota so Speedy is a nice player to backup J-Will and he has a ring. Clifford is a veteran who would play center. Good defender and shooter. They clear the glut at SF.

Also, I checked and our payroll next season after these moves and signing Brewer for 1 million and another veteran for a million would put our payroll at 65,165,034. And i'm positive we are supposed to have 6 million to spend this summer so we would still have some room to breath.

Our new lineup:

Here's YOUR original idea. "Lets gut the team that won the most game in the NBA last year." A YOUNG team.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you would rather start Harrington?

I don't know if Indiana will do a T-Mac deal but it seems very possiable and if they do I say Artest/Bender would be about the offer.

Also, Harrington looks like he is on his way out no matter what happens with Artest and Pollard is worthless anyway so I thought Dampier/Battier was pretty good.

And notice that the tittle of the thread is: If we lose Artest.

BigMac
06-18-2004, 04:12 PM

Our new lineup:

Here's YOUR original idea. "Lets gut the team that won the most game in the NBA last year." A YOUNG team.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

While this trade will never happen, I must disagree with you on the "gutting" on the team. The Pacers would return 4 of 5 starters from last year, lose the disruption on the offense that Artest causes, but lose the defensive stopper that he is. Foster and Miller move out of the starting lineup and add Tracy McGrady. Miller becomes 6th man (or Foster or Fred Jones) and sign a pt. guard to the MLE. You lose 6th man and Artest (starter) but that's not all bad. But I'm not sold on Dampier. I think he'd take the mid level exception for a 6-7 year deal but he's not worth $12 mil or so a year for 3 years. And he's not gonna get that.

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 04:29 PM
It is not a good idea to completely change this team. That is changing this team completely.

And NO DAMPIER. He is too slow for this offense, and I don't particularly care for his work ethic. There is a reason why we traded him in the first place.

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 05:25 PM

Our new lineup:

While this trade will never happen, I must disagree with you on the "gutting" on the team. The Pacers would return 4 of 5 starters from last year, lose the disruption on the offense that Artest causes, but lose the defensive stopper that he is. Foster and Miller move out of the starting lineup and add Tracy McGrady. Miller becomes 6th man (or Foster or Fred Jones) and sign a pt. guard to the MLE. You lose 6th man and Artest (starter) but that's not all bad. But I'm not sold on Dampier. I think he'd take the mid level exception for a 6-7 year deal but he's not worth $12 mil or so a year for 3 years. And he's not gonna get that.

Like lots of folks here (and elsewhere) you are looking at players TALENTS and totally ignoring their personalities in a TEAM situation.
Much of the labor that Donnie has invested in babysitting these young kids until they grew up had to do with making sure the TEAM CHEMISTRY is where he wanted it.
We have a YOUNG, GOOD team that JUST won the most games in the league and gave Detroit a much better battle than did the Fakers. Yet some of you WOULD gut it and make wholesale changes.
Thats' NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Donnie is the man, and Donnie has the plan. Larry helps. :D
We silly boys talk about silly trades. :dance:

You're assuming the chemistry is really okay. That's the difference. Many of us have seen enough public signals that the chemistry still isn't right. Its not obvious enough for everyone to feel that way (ie. no headline in The Star saying, "The Pacers Chemistry Sucks!"), but there are enough tidbits and nuggets of information to alarm some of us.

If the chemistry is really okay and DW, LB, and RC are all convinced that no change is necessary, then I'm actually quite happy with that. I just don't think that's the case, but hey, I'm a worry-wart.

If the chemistry is a problem AND you need to re-balance the roster, its going to take at least two trades to get the job done. And with today's league economics, trades usually mean multi-player trades or they're just minor bench player - type tweaks.

PacerBlade
06-18-2004, 06:22 PM
So you would rather start Harrington?

just give him same minutes... it doesn't matter is he starting or not

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I have a better idea...why don't we sign Bruce Bowen?

:idea:

kerosene
06-18-2004, 08:55 PM
I think Golden State is trying to get better, not worse (though at times you can't really tell).

Chambizzle
06-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Another big man and A strong bodied/high BBall IQ/ shoot the lights out SG is what we need. It doesn't necessarily have to be any all-star caliber superstars... Just small pieces to the puzzle would be fine if they could get the job done.

Ragnar
06-18-2004, 10:23 PM
As long as we are coming up with crazy trades. Lets at least asume based on the past that we will not sign any significant free agents we just dont ever do that. How about we do a flury of trades that totaly changes the Pacers. Here is my big *** trade idea that will totaly reshape the Pacers for years to come.

Indiana trades: PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.2 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
PG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
PF Primoz Brezec (1.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 4.0 minutes)
PG Anthony Johnson (6.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 21.9 minutes)
PG Kenny Anderson (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 20.6 minutes)
SF James Jones (1.2 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.3 minutes)
Indiana receives: SG Tracy McGrady (28.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.9 minutes)
PF Juwan Howard (17.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.5 minutes)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
PF Kwame Brown (10.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 30.2 minutes)
PF Jared Jeffries (5.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.3 minutes)
SG Quentin Richardson (17.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +19.6 ppg, +11.0 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Orlando trades: SG Tracy McGrady (28.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.9 minutes)
PF Juwan Howard (17.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.5 minutes)
Orlando receives: SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 21 games)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 61 games)
PF Primoz Brezec (1.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 18 games)
PG Anthony Johnson (6.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 73 games)
PG Kenny Anderson (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 44 games)
SF James Jones (1.2 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.0 apg in 6 games)
Change in team outlook: -8.0 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Washington trades: PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
PF Kwame Brown (10.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 30.2 minutes)
PF Jared Jeffries (5.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.3 minutes)
Washington receives: PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 73 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, -8.9 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: SG Quentin Richardson (17.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.0 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: PG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: -12.4 ppg, -4.8 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Indiana, Orlando, and Washington being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Orlando, and Washington had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our lineup would be

Tins/Brewer/
Q-Rich/Reggie
T-Mac/Juwan Howard/
Jermaine/Jarrod Jeffries
Kwami Brown/Foster

We would still have Christian Laettner's ending deal to trade for a player or just let his contract expire. We would still have Reggie, Jermaine, Tinsley and Jeff but that would be it from last years team. We would not need another player for 5 years.

kerosene
06-18-2004, 10:26 PM
"Oh no! We suck again!"

Ragnar
06-18-2004, 10:27 PM
It took a while to get that to work on real gm. I have no life.

Young
06-18-2004, 11:45 PM
And notice that the tittle of the thread is: If we lose Artest.

Which has to do with what???????[/quote]

You made it sound like I was suggesting to gut the whole team no matter what and i'm not. I'm basicly saying if we lose Ron the second deal would be alright. [Shane Battier]