PDA

View Full Version : Pacers get image consultant

Basketball Fan
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081010/SPORTS04/810100463/1062/SPORTS04

Pacers get image consultant
Ex-running back Hill has helped Cowboys
By Mike Wells
Posted: October 10, 2008Read Comments(2)Recommend (1)E-mail Print Share Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Yahoo Google A A The Indiana Pacers have hired Calvin Hill as a consultant to help the team with its image reshaping.

Hill, a former NFL running back and father of Phoenix Suns guard Grant Hill, will work with Sam Perkins, the Pacers vice president of player relations.

Hill has played a vital part as a consultant in helping the Dallas Cowboys clean up their image.

"He's been very active in the Dallas turnaround with the trouble they had," Perkins said. "He's doing well with (cornerback) 'Pacman' Jones and those guys. He's very resourceful. He knows a lot of people that I may not know as far as people coming in and talking to the players."

duke dynamite
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Hmm, I think it is up to the players now. Marketing has done their job. I just feel like this current group (minus Williams) does not require a baby sitter.

Major Cold
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081010/SPORTS04/810100463/1062/SPORTS04

has he really done well with Pacman? No one can help him though

Justin Tyme
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
That's nice, but why not spend the money on a big man coach? It's something they should have done years ago!

Slick Pinkham
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
...helping the Dallas Cowboys clean up their image...

When I think of today's Cowboys, I think of Pacman, TO, Romo, etc.

the image: just win, no matter what--convicts are welcome, proper attitude and being a good teammate is optional, banging hot chicks on the side is always a plus too!

Major Cold
10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
now if they really wanted to clean up the image they should have used the money spent on this guy for the Tinsley trade.

Justin Tyme
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
now if they really wanted to clean up the image they should have used the money spent on this guy for the Tinsley trade.

Absolutely!

ABADays
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
I thought this is what Jim Morris was going to be doing.

Hicks
10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I thought this is what Jim Morris was going to be doing.

I'm assuming he's the one behind this hire. Get as many people in that can help as you can, if you can.

Major Cold
10-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Absolutely!

i can't imagine this guy costs that much...but every little bit helps.

Basketball Fan
10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
When I think of today's Cowboys, I think of Pacman, TO, Romo, etc.

the image: just win, no matter what--convicts are welcome, proper attitude and being a good teammate is optional, banging hot chicks on the side is always a plus too!

The reality is that's what most if not all teams have in reality. The Cowboys at least spare us the faux moralizing.

juadam09
10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
The reality is that's what most if not all teams have in reality. The Cowboys at least spare us the faux moralizing.

I do not want to de-rail this thread but do you really believe that.

I know being a Redskins fan I do not think they have that attitude, nor do I think the Colts have that attitude.

I think the Cowboys have shown they are willing to take a risk more often then other teams, but I do not think that means they openly welcome thugs so long as they are winning. Granted with risk comes reward, but it can also bite you in the butt (as the Cowboys may find out if it comes of Jerry Jones is covering something up/downplaying this latest incident or if Pacman acts up again)

Sorry to the off topic rant.