PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans vs Indiana

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:05 AM
For those that would like to stream the game online, heres the link http://www.channelsurfing.net/listen-nba-audio.php?w=7256/20_nba-cleveland_audio_040930.asx ... I think it may be audio only, but thats better than nothing

indyblue47
10-08-2008, 09:21 AM
The game is going to be televised on FSN also.:)

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
The game is going to be televised on FSN also.:)

damn...you guys are lucky

OakMoses
10-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I checked this morning and it looks like I should be able to see the game on DirectTV via league pass. I didn't know if I'd get preseason games or not, but they were on the schedule this morning.

mugsy27
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I checked this morning and it looks like I should be able to see the game on DirectTV via league pass. I didn't know if I'd get preseason games or not, but they were on the schedule this morning.

directv gives u all the preseason games for free, as well as the 1st week or 2 of the regular season even if u dont sign up for the nba league pass. :D

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
directv gives u all the preseason games for free, as well as the 1st week or 2 of the regular season even if u dont sign up for the nba league pass. :D

Thats right...I dont know aboure preseason, but for sure the 1st and 2nd week of the season are trial periods on Dishnet and Directv.

I guess which ever preseason games are televised will be on League Pass.

mugsy27
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
from DTV guide....

NBA Preseason Basketball : New Orleans Hornets at Indiana Pacers NR (Not Rated)
NBA LEAGUE PASS FP: New Orleans Hornets at Indiana Pacers. Gametime 7:00PM ET 10/08. Call 1-800-GET-SPORTS to order or for more information. FREE PREVIEW (10/07 - 11/04). Blackouts may apply in New Orleans and Indiana.

:D :D :D

looks like i know what i will be doing tonight!! grilling a steak...drinkin a few beers and watching 'cers b-ball!! :dance:

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
from DTV guide....

NBA Preseason Basketball : New Orleans Hornets at Indiana Pacers NR (Not Rated)
NBA LEAGUE PASS FP: New Orleans Hornets at Indiana Pacers. Gametime 7:00PM ET 10/08. Call 1-800-GET-SPORTS to order or for more information. FREE PREVIEW (10/07 - 11/04). Blackouts may apply in New Orleans and Indiana.

:D :D :D

looks like i know what i will be doing tonight!! grilling a steak...drinkin a few beers and watching 'cers b-ball!! :dance:

Do you think the free trial period will extent to NBA Broadband also?

mugsy27
10-08-2008, 10:31 AM
im gonna have to show my stupidity here...i dont even know what nba broadband is!

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
im gonna have to show my stupidity here...i dont even know what nba broadband is!

when you register for NBA League Pass, youre able to go to NBA.com and watch games for free also. League Pass basically extends to free NBA.com games. Youre able to watch games from their site as you would watch on League Pass. Pretty good idea

mugsy27
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
yeah...that is pretty cool. i have no idea if its part of the freebee though...sorry.

Will Galen
10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
League Pass basically extends to free NBA.com games.

Not everywhere. I get league pass from Comcast and NBA,com is a separate sports package where I live.

LG33
10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't think the Broadband would have preseason games. I can't remember if it did last year, but it wouldn't make sense to offer a free preview online like it does on TV.

D23
10-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Eeeeek, I just started listening to this audio stream and the first thing the commentator said about the Pacers was "Marqus Daniels - one of the new additions to this year's roster - starts at the two guard." :nerd:

Pacemaker
10-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Eeeeek, I just started listening to this audio stream and the first thing the commentator said about the Pacers was "Marqus Daniels - one of the new additions to this year's roster - starts at the two guard." :nerd:

I was surprised by that commentary also !

LG33
10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Sounds like Jack is turning it over left and right.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:34 PM
6 TOs in 1st QTR....wow.

aero
10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
im at work so ill have to listen to the audio...cant find a video stream.

what uniforms are the Pacers wearing ?

ABADays
10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
6 TOs in 1st QTR....wow.

Damn - Tinsley's playing or players are too busy looking for hockey sticks.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Hibbert is in.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Man....is Jack this TO prone with the Blazers?

ABADays
10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Terrific - espn.com isn't even doing a gamecast :censored:

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hibbert is ice cold.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Terrific - espn.com isn't even doing a gamecast :censored:
The NBA Audio Cast doesn't work for you?

ABADays
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The NBA Audio Cast doesn't work for you?

Not allowed to stream over here :mad:

aero
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
if someone knows of a video stream for this game online can you hook me up via PM ?

thanks in advance

LG33
10-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Sounds like we suck.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
27-38 Hornets

CableKC
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
29-38 Hornets......we're slowly coming alive with Granger returning.

BlueNGold
...so far.

TJ Ford looks great. Rasho looks good...but not on D. Jack is nothing but a backup PG.

Rush and Hibbert need some time, but both are going to be very good. McRoberts needs cut. JMHO.

Edit: Ok, McRoberts is doing better now...so I take it back.

CableKC
Ely is abusing us in the Post.

Pacemaker
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
27-38 Hornets
29-40 Hornets. It's not looking good :(

aero
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
audio league pass isnt loading for me :(

man this sucks

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Im watching the scored on ESPN, Hornets look like they have our numbers

Pacemaker
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
audio league pass isnt loading for me :(

man this sucks

I tried it and while it seems it would not load all of sudden it starts transmitting with showing it on the player. Be patient try that.

granger
10-08-2008, 08:07 PM
link for game

http://www.justin.tv/ps8_vpz
code: sportsrule123

aero
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
awesome thanks :D

GrangerRanger
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
ROY! Lovely dunk.

Pacemaker
10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
link for game

Yeyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!

ABADays
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
link for game

When I tried to sneak in a quick peak it said No Broadcast. Probably blocked.

TMJ31
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
link for game

Awesome!!!!

I really would love to find a place to find links like this for EVERY game... Not because I am opposed to paying for LP... I just can't get it with my provider :(

owl
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
So far if Ford can stay healthy he will be the best guard the Pacers have had since
MJ.

Rush reminds me.....of well....Rush as far as shooting goes. He does know defense.

I like Hibbert, you can tell he is smart and knows the game.

DG definitely trying to take to the basket as evidenced by his 10 free throw attempts.

McBob looked good on two defensive plays and heaven knows we need some of that.
If brings that to the table he will be a keeper.

JJ having a tough first half on the TO. I believe most is do to the poor movement
on offense with who he was playing with.

This is the first game but I like this team w/o JO

Mr. Sobchak
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Ford looks excellent.

Rush and Hibbert will need some time but I think both will be very good eventually.

McRoberts is playing some nice D.

Edit: I do remember Blazer fans saying Jack was turnover prone but I hope its not this bad every night.

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
How are WIlliams and Daniels playing?

lavell12
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
where can I get a boxscore for this game?

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
link for game

I tried the link but it keeps saying Buffering. My school has the worst interest.

Coop
10-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I tried the link but it keeps saying Buffering. My school has the worst interest.

It's working for me but it's real choppy. You can hardly tell whats going on.

McKeyFan
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
This is the first game but I like this team w/o JO

I've always liked this team without JO. Just watched him brick one for Toronto.

maragin
10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
link for game

Thank you.

D23
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL at Slick's "open-tryout" story!

TMJ31
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL at Slick's "open-tryout" story!

I can just picture that in my head... Quinn said it... PRICELESS!

GO!!!!!
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
it's just watchable.. but your not missing out on much... Can't wait to see a Picture of Mikey D.. Looked like a major P.I.M.P.

GO!!!!!
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Ouch Hibbert Ejected for throwing a Elbow at Ely...

Rookie Mistake.... good call by the commentry

maragin
Franchise 55 takes an early trip to the locker room.

Kemo
Roy with the elbow on Ely .. didn't look like any malice.. but he got ejected.. and Ely going nuts like he got punked or somethin...
sure hope Ely gets ejected for flippin him off

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
WTF Hibbert got ejected in a preseason game. C'mon. I didnt see the bow but i hope it wasnt intentional... Pacers are cursed

Lord Helmet
10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Hibbert elbowed Ely and was thrown out of the game.....

Ely is continuing to run his mouth on the court, it didn't even honestly look that bad Ely is acting like Hibbert sucker-punched him in the face or something, I dunno though, it probably didn't feel too great.

Kemo
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
McBob impressive in the minutes he has been on tonite.. kinda refreshing..

Ya , Roy just made a rookie mistake , there wasn't any bad intent in the elbow from what I saw ..

I think Ely SHOULD have been ejected for flipping the bird though..

maragin
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow, good hustle by McBob

GO!!!!!
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I must say Ely carried on like a kid..

If he wanted to clear Ely like the Commentry team said, he should have gone threw with the motion and not stopped after the contact.. tough to say but good learning experience. I just hope he doesen't get to smashed in the media for it.. dude needs his confidence for the season...

lavell12
10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
so mcbob is having a good night? good to hear.

whats his state line?

Lord Helmet
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Ely was rewarded for carrying on like a 12 year old brat after he was hit. He was allowed to run his mouth and apparently flip of Hibbert or other Pacer players. :laugh:

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
man Rush looks good. I like his drive to the baskbet.

Kuq_e_Zi91
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
It didn't seem like Hibbert did it on purpose, and it's not like him to. I don't know who Ely thinks he is, acting the way he did. Hibbert did a good job of walking away though.

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I hope this game is on youtube after. I want to watch it properly. This internet here at school sucks

Drewtone
10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
It didn't seem like Hibbert did it on purpose, and it's not like him to. I don't know who Ely thinks he is, acting the way he did. Hibbert did a good job of walking away though.

NO announcers on the audio feed said Ely was overreacting because he got popped in the eye socket last year. Said it certainly looked like an inadvertant elbow.

blahzay
10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
link for game

Will all the games this season be shown here? The game sucks at the moment but it would be great to see the games from overseas!

aero
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
edit: never mind got it :p

SpADeD
10-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Will all the games this season be shown here? The game sucks at the moment but it would be great to see the games from overseas!

All of the games will be streamed on this site, and you can also go to their forums for additional streams.

http://www.myp2p.eu/

blahzay
10-08-2008, 09:32 PM
All of the games will be streamed on this site, and you can also go to their forums for additional streams.

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Thanks!!

Kemo
10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Overall .. even though we lost by a considerable margine.. it was a learning experience for our players , and I was happy to finally get to see a little bit of Roy , Rush , Ford in a Pacers Uni as well as seeing what McBob could do...
Rasho done a good job as well.. I enjoyed the little things he done while on the floor

I know we stunk it up , but this is just a preseason game , where our guys start getting that chemistry and falling into their team roles...
It will take 10-15 games into the season before we start gelling... maybe a little more , but I think we will be just fine...

Jack , I don't know what to think about him yet.. so I will reserve judgement , till later in the season .. I just hope he doesnt keep turning the ball over so darn much... Believe me .. this game I found myself wanting Diener on the floor instead , if it were possible .. lolz... No knock on Travis whatsoever..

Danny really didn't play well , as his normal self ... But that is to be expected somewhat in a preseason game.. Let's just hope he shakes it off , and soon...

GO!!!!!
10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I saw Ely do something... wasen't sure if it was the bird of some other gesture. I think the league will fine if not suspend him for that wee act of indiscretion...

Good run for the boys and was allways gonna be a tough game

26-6 Third Quarter Score tho shows the difference in the game

Speed
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Quick take IMO

Jarret Jack looked horrible, a TO waiting to happen

McBob-played better Defense tonight than I thought he could his entire career. If the kid could become a shooter, I think you have a keeper.

TJ Ford in for a huge year, can go where ever he wants, when he wants.

BRush looked petrified, played horrible, like he's scared to dribble and doesn't know what to do. I thought he looked like this in the first half of the Championship game too, very disappointing.

Jeff-same

Granger-saw nothing new

Maceo-can block shots, but has no semblence of an offensive game other than potential garbage buckets.

Marquis same, but more of the good Marquis.

Nesto- solid, what I expected, very good low post defender

Roy the elbow Hibbert- Excellent I was very pleased. The elbow didn't look flagrant, Ely is a tool. I wish Roy would have stomped his arse. Where is DALE when you need him to put Ely in a full nelson while restraining him. Otherwise Roy looked good I thought.

To summarize, I was very disappointed in BRush and Jarret Jack. I was very happy with TJ Ford, McBob, and Hibbert. Its early we'll see.

owl
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
The shooting percentage was horrific. Will Roy be suspended for the next game?
Pacers missed Troy and Dun's offense.

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Though its a preseason game, this game was really dissapointing. Are the box scores up?

Kuq_e_Zi91
10-08-2008, 09:46 PM
The shooting percentage was horrific. Will Roy be suspended for the next game?
Pacers missed Troy and Dun's offense.

I doubt it. He didn't really do anything. Elbows happen all the time, it's called an offensive foul and people walk to other side of the court. It just escalated when Ely reacted like a little girl. My guess would be the refs didn't want anything else to stem from it, so they sent Hibbert to the locker room.

If anyone is getting suspended it should be Ely. At first, it looked like he was raising his arm to throw a punch or something, then he smart yelling and whining, then came the finger. Since it's preseason though, I don't expect Stern to do anything.

GO!!!!!
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't mind seeing B-Rush hesitant, most of it would just be nerves, first day at work reallly..

aslong as he ran the plays and diden's look too lost, I'
m Happy..

As fas as Jack, seemed like everytime he had the ball he wanted a layup.. I hope he changes that a little, unless it's a game plan..

all n all good too se em back playing...

Speed
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I doubt it. He didn't really do anything. Elbows happen all the time, it's called an offensive foul and people walk to other side of the court. It just escalated when Ely reacted like a little girl. My guess would be the refs didn't want anything else to stem from it, so they sent Hibbert to the locker room.

If anyone is getting suspended it should be Ely. At first, it looked like he was raising his arm to throw a punch or something, then he smart yelling and whining, then came the finger. Since it's preseason though, I don't expect Stern to do anything.

I agree, Ely was being a little girl about it. I would guess that is the first and last time you'll see Roy ejected and it wasn't even warranted, imo.

Kemo
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Quick take IMO

Jarret Jack looked horrible, a TO waiting to happen

McBob-played better Defense tonight than I thought he could his entire career. If the kid could become a shooter, I think you have a keeper.

TJ Ford in for a huge year, can go where ever he wants, when he wants.

BRush looked petrified, played horrible, like he's scared to dribble and doesn't know what to do. I thought he looked like this in the first half of the Championship game too, very disappointing.

Jeff-same

Granger-saw nothing new

Maceo-can block shots, but has no semblence of an offensive game other than potential garbage buckets.

Marquis same, but more of the good Marquis.

Nesto- solid, what I expected, very good low post defender

Roy the elbow Hibbert- Excellent I was very pleased. The elbow didn't look flagrant, Ely is a tool. I wish Roy would have stomped his arse. Where is DALE when you need him to put Ely in a full nelson while restraining him. Otherwise Roy looked good I thought.

To summarize, I was very disappointed in BRush and Jarret Jack. I was very happy with TJ Ford, McBob, and Hibbert. Its early we'll see.

Agree with most of what you said , even the part about Rush .. EXCEPT , I don't think he was "horrible" persay .. just nervous, unsure , a little timid..
But as the game went on , he come out of his shell a little bit.. Just give it some time , and I think he will be just fine..

I was equally as impressed with Big Roy , all things considering.
He is going to eventually be really good .. I think that he could one day be a monster around the rim , but as with all monsters... he needs to be FED.
If they could get some good plays drawn up, with TJ feeding the ball into an open Hibbert , I see good things , and good numbers , both on TJ's assists, and Roy's points.
It all depends on how much Roy will put into improving his game.. and I really don't see a problem in that aspect...

It's still very early , and even though we lost this game , as I said before it was a learning experience . Not only that , but we were playing one of the TOP tiered Western Teams in the league in the New Orleans Hornets.

It would have been nice to have won , or at least had a closer game at the coliseum.. But all in all I am just RELIEVED that it is basketball season again.. and that I get to see my Pacers grow as a team.

lavell12
10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Here is the BoxScore

http://www.nba.com/games/20081008/NOHIND/boxscore.html

Speed
10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
No Graham tonight was he dressed or is this a bad omen for him.

Other things of note:

Marquis and Granger a combined 2 for 20, Wow

Jarret Jack only had 8 turnovers, it seemed like more, but he had 8 rebounds which is nice.

Roy had 6 pts 2 boards and 2 blocks in 13.5 mins. Also 3 fouls and 2 turnovers and one elbow.

Shawne William quietly had 9 and 5, I swear I don't remember him doing it.

McRoberts box score looks weak, but he played much better than it shows, imho.

TJ could have had 3 more assists if guys finished. He gonna be good 15 pts in 19 mins.

grace
10-08-2008, 10:15 PM
No Graham tonight was he dressed or is this a bad omen for him.

They said on the radio that he wasn't with the team for personal reasons (or something like that).

Speed
10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
They said on the radio that he wasn't with the team for personal reasons (or something like that).

Thanks!!

McKeyFan
10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I liked Jack tonight.

Sure, a turnover problem. But EIGHT rebounds, decent distribution, shot selection, good defense. I think he is what we bargained for.

The TOs will iron themselves out. I almost think our two best players on the floor tonight played the same position.

I question if the elbow was intentional

BlueNGold
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I liked Jack tonight.

Sure, a turnover problem. But EIGHT rebounds, decent distribution, shot selection, good defense. I think he is what we bargained for.

The TOs will iron themselves out. I almost think our two best players on the floor tonight played the same position.

I question if the elbow was intentional

Jack will get more chances, including from me, but I didn't like what I saw from him primarily because I thought he was closer to being Ford's equal. He's not even close to being Ford's equal even if you cut his TO in half. The boards were good hustle plays, but I didn't see much else positive. He was fortunate not to have 15 TO the way he handled the ball. Just reckless. He handled the ball like AJ on speed. I suppose it is the first preseason game...so I will cut some slack... Ford OTOH looks like a good starting PG.

pacergod2
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Graham didn't play because he probably got traded to Denver. :D

CableKC
10-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Good God.....6 frakkin points in the 3rd QTR?

Oh, wait a sec......I forgot...we always suck in the 3rd QTR.

For those that watched the game....please tell me what happened there.

MagicRat
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Good God.....6 frakkin points in the 3rd QTR?

Oh, wait a sec......I forgot...we always suck in the 3rd QTR.

For those that watched the game....please tell me what happened there.

The Hornets played their starting 5 for the entire quarter and the Pacers played a hodge podge that looked like they had never played together.....which they hadn't.......

I liked Jack tonight.

:alcohol:

grace
10-08-2008, 11:10 PM
The Hornets played their starting 5 for the entire quarter and the Pacers played a hodge podge that looked like they had never played together.....which they hadn't.......

That's when I looked at Kegboy and said "I should have known it wasn't a good thing when they said Austin was the best player in practice."

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Ford had a decent game, he could have put up more assists, but when no other player on the Pacers shot better than 50%, its kind of hard for a PG to dish out. Pacers played horrible as a team. They shot like 31% from the field...I dont understnad why Jack got more mins then Ford. I cant beleive we only scored 9 points in the 3rd quarter...tahts embarassing

But nevertheless, this was the first game these guys played together. Theres a lot of new faces and its going to tae them another game or 2 to mesh together. Plus we didnt have Dunleavy and Murphy

Trader Joe
10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
1/11 is awful. I don't care if you're playing a preseason game, a NBA final game, or a pickup game. That is totally unacceptable for Danny.

Hicks
10-08-2008, 11:33 PM
All I have to say is that I was there, and that Hibbert ejection was bogus. That Ely didn't even get ejected is a crime. He acted like a punk looking to go after Roy to deck him for more than a few seconds, and the refs still let him play. Ridiculous nonsense. Especially considering it sure looked like Roy didn't even do anything wrong except be in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong baby.

rexnom
10-08-2008, 11:35 PM
1/11 is awful. I don't care if you're playing a preseason game, a NBA final game, or a pickup game. That is totally unacceptable for Danny.
Eh. It happens. We should be impressed by the fact that he got to the line 8 times in 26 minutes and made 7/8. Everyone has their off days. What separates the good from the great is that ability to get those points up there to get in a groove or to compensate for being out of whack.

CableKC
10-08-2008, 11:50 PM
All I have to say is that I was there, and that Hibbert ejection was bogus. That Ely didn't even get ejected is a crime. He acted like a punk looking to go after Roy to deck him for more than a few seconds, and the refs still let him play. Ridiculous nonsense. Especially considering it sure looked like Roy didn't even do anything wrong except be in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong baby.
Geez.....Roy already getting an ejection in his first NBA game that he played.......he's gonna develop a rep soon enough. :laugh:

Seriously though.....can a player get a regular game suspension when getting ejected from a Preseason game?

MillerTime
10-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Geez.....Roy already getting an ejection in his first NBA game that he played.......he's gonna develop a rep soon enough. :laugh:

Seriously though.....can a player get a regular game suspension when getting ejected from a Preseason game?

I doubt it...it didnt seem that serious. Its more of a discretionary matter. If Hibbert intended to hit Ely then he could have gotten a suspension in the reg season, but i dont see it extending to this

TheDon
10-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Was at the game and even though we got stomped in the ground the atmosphere was a lot better and I had a good time, even better then the times i've been to conseco.

The security was pretty lax talked to stacey paetz for about 30 seconds she was really nice and said she was happy to be back and hopeful we make the playoffs this year.

Seen slick walkin around in his pink suit got a picture of that

was pretty funny to see Dunleavy walking around in plaid he definately was into the whole throwback spirit.

Troy Murphy looked like he had lost quite a bit of weight it really didn't even look like troy anymore.

Quis did a great job when he was in moving around without the ball seemed like he was always moving and I think he even got a block tonight.

Shawne Williams was dead cold for pretty much 2 1/2 quarters but pulled it all together quite nicely the last 1 1/2 quarters seemed like once he finally knocked a shot down he did quite well.

Jarret Jack looked like he was wanting to go from one end of the court to the other everytime the ball was inbounded to him even if it meant taking on 3 defenders at once. The guy just needs to learn to share the ball and literally 80-90% of those turnover will go away.

Hibbert to me always seemed like he was a step slow on setting screens. He did great defensively he almost even picked chris pauls pocket on one occasion and there were quite a few drives to the basket where they kicked it back out cause Roy was down there ready for them. The one thing that made me groan was how he bit on a shot fake in the first quarter so hard the guy was able to get him up in the air dribbled around him and was able to get an easy layup. And the whole ejection thing was bogus totally undeserving of anything of that nature roy turned around after the foul was called on him looked to be disappointed at himself and then shocked that Ely was reacting the way he did. Small question, is Sam Perkins giving Roy pointers? he was in the building and paying really close attention whenever Roy was on the floor.

Mcroberts could just be that I had super low expectations of him going into the game based off what i've gathered reading this message board, but I was really impressed with him. That guy was busting his *** up and down that court diving for loose balls trying for each rebound he even took a page out of foster's book one time and just tapped the ball out to the top of the key where ford was. He was also better defensively then I thought he would be.

TJ Ford you can't really appreciate his speed until ya see it in person and he is worth every penny we're paying him he could get anywhere he wanted and get in the lane where he'd dish it back out like it wasn't even a problem

Croshere I don't know if he made a shot the entire night other then foul shots. I like the guy but based on what I saw tonight if that carries over I think he'll be one to get cut, not only was he horrible offensively but anybody he guarded absolutely abused him with the greatest of ease.

We probably tried 10-12 differently lineups tonight and as such any kind of a rhythm was hard to come by. Meanwhile the Hornets were playing guys like Chandler, Paul, West, Stojakovic completely through the 3rd quarter as if it was like 7th game in the finals.

I'm excited about the rest of the year go pacers!!

MagicRat
10-09-2008, 12:13 AM
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute1.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute2.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute3.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute4.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute5.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute6.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute7.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute8.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute9.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute10.jpg

http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/tribute11.jpg

croz24
10-09-2008, 12:16 AM
get used to this from rush. the guy isn't even close to bayless' caliber. that trade could go down as one of the worst in pacers franchise history.

imawhat
10-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Thank you SO much for the pics.

Always wondered what the Hornets throwbacks looked like.

MillerTime
10-09-2008, 12:26 AM
get used to this from rush. the guy isn't even close to bayless' caliber. that trade could go down as one of the worst in pacers franchise history.

thats a pretty big statement. They havent even played a regular season game yet. Let them play atleast a month worth of games then decide. Bayless had a decent game today, but a lot of turnovers

Hicks
10-09-2008, 12:27 AM

:unimpress

Frostwolf
10-09-2008, 12:29 AM
they aren't throwbacks, those are their new road uniforms

Naptown_Seth
10-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh brother. Yes, Rush is horrible, get used to it...except why aren't you happy if this makes the team stink for that great #2 pick next year.

Anyway, the reality is the same as I said about Rush last year during the season. He is MCKEY in his approach. The knock on him has been that while he's extremely solid in his fundamental play he also tends to slip into the background and becomes passive.

The kid wasn't "scared" in college last year, but he still had large windows where he deferred to other players. He rarely tries to take over, he's the fix-it guy, the dirty work guy, the play away from the ball guy.

I'll agree that he's not Bayless because Bayless wants to be the star scorer and that's it. The Pacers could use that too I suppose though I'd prefer it not come from the PG position.

Stop expecting Rush to be a Reggie, a "give me the rock right now" guy, and instead expect a solid but not overtly impressive output from him every night.

Frankly I was really impressed with him much of the game. He reads the movement of players away from his man well and looks to close those spaces up and shut down lanes. Then on the offensive end he reads it the same way and consistently keeps moving to open up spaces.

What the team needs is scoring from the starting SF/SG position supplemented by occassional drives by Ford to keep things honest.

Love that finishing speed from Ford. Hope guys learn to play off that and come to the rim with him.

McRoberts showed good effort and might end up hanging on after all. He does need to learn to pick his spots on effort, sometimes he jumps into plays when he should stay on his feet instead.

The guys I was really disappointed by were Granger and Quis, and this was long before seeing the box on their FG%. To me they both looked like they were really going through the motions and still on summer break.

Jack was the nervous one. He clearly was forcing things and did not play a game typical of his normal output. I think he's having trouble understanding what JOB wants from the system.

I hate to say it but Hibberts slowness was the concern with him and it's still there. He MIGHT develop his game because lord knows he's smart and willing, but it's hard not to worry that he'll always be a step behind the action.

Hicks
10-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Those aren't throwbacks.

imawhat
10-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Guys....the Hornets have only been around since 1988.

If I had to explain it, it wasn't funny.

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I REALLY enjoyed the background music during the radio broadcast. It sounded like a completely different atmosphere; one that I think is a breath of fresh air.

MillerTime
10-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh brother. Yes, Rush is horrible, get used to it...except why aren't you happy if this makes the team stink for that great #2 pick next year.

Anyway, the reality is the same as I said about Rush last year during the season. He is MCKEY in his approach. The knock on him has been that while he's extremely solid in his fundamental play he also tends to slip into the background and becomes passive.

The kid wasn't "scared" in college last year, but he still had large windows where he deferred to other players. He rarely tries to take over, he's the fix-it guy, the dirty work guy, the play away from the ball guy.

I'll agree that he's not Bayless because Bayless wants to be the star scorer and that's it. The Pacers could use that too I suppose though I'd prefer it not come from the PG position.

Stop expecting Rush to be a Reggie, a "give me the rock right now" guy, and instead expect a solid but not overtly impressive output from him every night.

Frankly I was really impressed with him much of the game. He reads the movement of players away from his man well and looks to close those spaces up and shut down lanes. Then on the offensive end he reads it the same way and consistently keeps moving to open up spaces.

What the team needs is scoring from the starting SF/SG position supplemented by occassional drives by Ford to keep things honest.

Love that finishing speed from Ford. Hope guys learn to play off that and come to the rim with him.

McRoberts showed good effort and might end up hanging on after all. He does need to learn to pick his spots on effort, sometimes he jumps into plays when he should stay on his feet instead.

The guys I was really disappointed by were Granger and Quis, and this was long before seeing the box on their FG%. To me they both looked like they were really going through the motions and still on summer break.

Jack was the nervous one. He clearly was forcing things and did not play a game typical of his normal output. I think he's having trouble understanding what JOB wants from the system.

I hate to say it but Hibberts slowness was the concern with him and it's still there. He MIGHT develop his game because lord knows he's smart and willing, but it's hard not to worry that he'll always be a step behind the action.

We dont need scoring from the SG/SF positions. We have Granger and Dunleavy there who averaged almost 40 ppg last season combined. We need scoring from PF/C positions.

With Jack, I wouldnt be too worried about him. Hes on a new team with a new system. Theres a lot of new faces here. Jack know what his role in the NBA is. Hes a PG defender who can shoot the 3.

I think we're all underrating Rush. I think he'll be a good ALL AROUND player. He has pretty good basketball IQ.

Im going to make a theard at the end of November to compare Rush and Bayless's number. We can make a better comparison then

Merz
10-09-2008, 12:44 AM

get used to this from croz24. the guy will bring it up everytime rush has a subpar game even if its sandwiched between two steller games, even if bayless plays subpar himself. he may go down as one of the most annoying posters in pacersdigest history.

MillerTime
10-09-2008, 12:48 AM
get used to this from croz24. the guy will bring it up everytime rush has a subpar game even if its sandwiched between two steller games, even if bayless plays subpar himself. he may go down as one of the most annoying posters in pacersdigest history.

:buddies:

d_c
10-09-2008, 01:13 AM

The way I've always thought of Hibbert: He'll be useful as a big body to slow down the Howards, Bynums and Odens of the world, but his athleticism and conditioning can be liabilities against opponents whos strategies don't revolve around a dominant big.

croz24
10-09-2008, 01:53 AM

who's to say that's not what i'm going for? but it's not like i'm often wrong. i'm always the first to make such statements, and continue such statements until the rest of you are finally on board. in the case of jo and rick carlisle, it took a couple of years. as for my player predictions, those become fact fairly quickly.

if people were to look at my posts from last year at this time in the nba draft thread, i was one of the first, if not THE first to name brandon rush as a player i'd be willing to draft. and brandon rush at #13 overall, albeit 10-15 picks too high imo, was not a horrible selection. HOWEVER, jerryd bayless was a top 5 talent in this draft. if you were to hold the same opinion as me concerning jerryd bayless, you too would question why anybody would trade a top 5 talent in the draft for a #25-30 talent in the draft. my anger comes from the fact that bayless dropped to us ala granger without even having to make a deal, and we trade him away for a less talented, average-solid role player.

had nobody fallen to us, i'd be content with rush even if i prefer guys like greene, randolph, a healthy bill walker, and thompson. but bayless DID fall.

Infinite MAN_force
10-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Bayless fell for a reason. Because he is a tweener and was being perceived as a "me first" player. He may put up some points in his career but he doesen't seem like the kind of PG thats gonna lead his team to the promise land.

teams with a need at PG passed on him and Augustine was picked ahead of him, because though smaller and athletically inferior, Augustine IS a true PG.

Portland is a good fit for him because Roy can practically run the offense himself. Our team needed a POINT GAURD. And we had already aquired one anyway.

I don't know what kind of player Rush is going to be, but I like the skills he brings to the table and I like the way Bird is trying to find pieces that fit together, and players with good attitudes...

croz24
10-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Bayless fell for a reason. Because he is a tweener and was being perceived as a "me first" player. He may put up some points in his career but he doesen't seem like the kind of PG thats gonna lead his team to the promise land.

teams with a need at PG passed on him and Augustine was picked ahead of him, because though smaller and athletically inferior, Augustine IS a true PG.

Portland is a good fit for him because Roy can practically run the offense himself. Our team needed a POINT GAURD. And we had already aquired one anyway.

I don't know what kind of player Rush is going to be, but I like the skills he brings to the table and I like the way Bird is trying to find pieces that fit together, and players with good attitudes...

not sure where the "me first" perception comes from. bayless was all 'zona had last year and was forced to carry the load for them due to injuries and the coaching situation.

and this is the point that differs my opinion from the board's...i believe the pacers' need for a franchise player is far greater than their need for good character individuals who fill positions. point being bayless can become a franchise player. brandon rush cannot.

Speed
10-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Kravitz and Eddie had the Portland beat writer on yesterday and said Bayless had a HORRIBLE practice one day because he had to play Point Guard and couldn't do it.

He would just stand there and dribble the ball.

The guy said he thought Bayless was going to be a 2 guard in the league.

A 6'3" shooting guard who got dinged up in a summer league due to the penetrating 1 on 5 style he plays.

NO THANKS, a player who's one dimensional and is too small for his position.

MillerTime
10-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Ford played pretty good today. He was one of the only Pacers I was happy with today. If he can keep this up throughout the season, we'll be strong at the PG position for many years

NapTonius Monk
10-09-2008, 07:35 AM
not sure where the "me first" perception comes from. bayless was all 'zona had last year and was forced to carry the load for them due to injuries and the coaching situation.

and this is the point that differs my opinion from the board's...i believe the pacers' need for a franchise player is far greater than their need for good character individuals who fill positions. point being bayless can become a franchise player. brandon rush cannot.

How can you be so sure Bayless is a franchise player? It's possible, but I think it is horribly premature to take the opening night of preseason for a rookie player, and say that this will be the norm for him. It's equally premature to take Bayless's stats from Zona and summer league and anoint him a savior. Do players like Jay Williams and Joseph Forte come to mind? They were awesome college guards, but that doesn't always translate to the pros. Do I think Bayless will be a bust? Far from it. But it's a stretch to drop the franchise tag on a guy who hasn't set foot on the court yet. Again, if you like Bayless more than Rush, then that's your opinion. Maybe Bayless will score his :censored: off. Maybe Rush will be hybrid-McKey. Who knows. But I will say that IMHO, Rush can be as impactful at the defensive end as Bayless can be at the offensive end, which is a bigger need for us.

Major Cold
10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
This will be my last discussion on the pick that never was a Pacer.

If you are going to compare stat lines to determine who is more successful you ignore what is going on the court.:

1. There are many things that the box score does not indicate what a player is doing. Close out D is one of them. Contesting shots is another. Being part of swinging the ball to the weak side instead of taking the shot.

2. There are many things that the box score does not indicate what a player is not doing. Box scores do not tell you if a player is playing out of a system, thus throwing off the chemistry of the team. A player can get three steals thrown into their lap, but is it because of hard-nosed defense. Of a Jarret Jack over dribbling and just falling down.

The thing that bothers me is this. If Brandon is a successful team player and Bayless is a better indivdual player, then in some of our eyes, Brandon is a bust.

I would rather have a McKey on my team, than a Marbury/Francis. Bayless may just be another Dajuan Wagner. He may just be another Ben Gordon. Without the three point shot.

EDIT: I think some of you need to define what success what be in regards to these players. And comparing players in different atmospheres is very hard to do objectively.

And that is the reason why I will not address this topic until after the season.

rexnom
10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
At some point, you just have to go over it. I'm still shocked we drafted Shawne Williams over one of the many starting-talent PGs in that draft but you have to get past it.

MyFavMartin
10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Kravitz and Eddie had the Portland beat writer on yesterday and said Bayless had a HORRIBLE practice one day because he had to play Point Guard and couldn't do it.

He would just stand there and dribble the ball.

The guy said he thought Bayless was going to be a 2 guard in the league.

A 6'3" shooting guard who got dinged up in a summer league due to the penetrating 1 on 5 style he plays.

NO THANKS, a player who's one dimensional and is too small for his position.

My impression of Bayless is that he is the next Ben Gordon.

croz24
10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
This will be my last discussion on the pick that never was a Pacer.

If you are going to compare stat lines to determine who is more successful you ignore what is going on the court.:

1. There are many things that the box score does not indicate what a player is doing. Close out D is one of them. Contesting shots is another. Being part of swinging the ball to the weak side instead of taking the shot.

2. There are many things that the box score does not indicate what a player is not doing. Box scores do not tell you if a player is playing out of a system, thus throwing off the chemistry of the team. A player can get three steals thrown into their lap, but is it because of hard-nosed defense. Of a Jarret Jack over dribbling and just falling down.

The thing that bothers me is this. If Brandon is a successful team player and Bayless is a better indivdual player, then in some of our eyes, Brandon is a bust.

I would rather have a McKey on my team, than a Marbury/Francis. Bayless may just be another Dajuan Wagner. He may just be another Ben Gordon. Without the three point shot.

EDIT: I think some of you need to define what success what be in regards to these players. And comparing players in different atmospheres is very hard to do objectively.

And that is the reason why I will not address this topic until after the season.

the only stats i ever compare are championships...never said bayless was going to be a franchise player. he has that potential though whereas rush does not. i view bayless as a guard, always have. i understand his limitations at the point guard position. but it's about finding the best basketball players. not just finding those who fill holes in your roster.

as for the game. the only bright spots for me were ford, mcroberts, and hibbert. don't think i've ever seen mcroberts hustle so much in my life. it's clear he wants to be apart of this team.

Speed
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
My impression of Bayless is that he is the next Ben Gordon.

Do you mean that in a good or bad way?

I think Bayless is twice the penetrator and half the shooter.

I think Bayless' basketball IQ is horrible. Bayless seems like a guy who would be more attractive on a Youtube highlight film than a guy who understands that basketball is making other guys around you better and playing as a team.

Some people like the shallow Sportscenter highlight, I prefer a guy who knows how to play team ball.

Some guys like AndONE videos, I think it is worthless and bad for the game.

I don't really even hate Bayless, he could eventually develop into a decent rotation combo guard, maybe.

I would be concerned about his health since his current game is to go one on five and draw hard fouls.

I would be concerned if he can do enough postive things to offset all of the bonehead things that take away from the team concept.

I'm sure he's a good kid, I'm sure he has good intentions, but learning to play basketball the right way is a looonnnggg way off for him, right now.

We'll see.

But lets get off his jock for being able to blow by his man and dunk on summer league guys or staring on a bad college team.

Let's see if he can make a solid bounce pass into the post like most Indiana kids over the age of 13 can before annointing him anything.

Oh ya I almost forgot, I know more than NBA GMs and I'm never wrong. :rolleyes:

I'll now join Intricold and not argue this silly point all season.

MyFavMartin
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Do you mean that in a good or bad way?

Neither.

Just that both are not a pure, run the offense, team-first, set-the-table PG, which is what this team needs and got in TJ Ford.

Both like to score.

I do agree that Bayless is a good fit next to Roy.

Speed
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Did anyone see Morway in the crowd shaking his head is disgust/disappointment last night. The didn't have a poker face, that is for sure.

OakMoses
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I do agree that Bayless is a good fit next to Roy.

I don't really agree with this. There was a bit of turmoil in Portland last year because Roy wanted Blake to be the starting PG and McMillan wanted to start Jack. The difference is that Jack likes to have the ball in his hands while Blake wants to dribble up the court and then pass to Roy. Roy is a player, like Kobe, who wants to have the ball in his hands. The perfect complementary PG for a guy like that is not a guy like Bayless who also wants the ball in his hands most of the time. It's a guy like Derek Fisher. A guy who can run the point, but is equally comfortable coming off screens and knocking down open jump shots. Also a guy who plays tough defense and doesn't mind playing second fiddle. If I were Portland, I'd really try to get a guy like Hinrich because he'd be a great fit with Roy.

count55
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I only watched snippets of the second quarter and the debacle that was the third quarter. They definitely looked out of sorts. I really only had impressions on three guys:

Danny is having a slow start, but that seems to be usual for him. I don't recall the pre-season last year, but he didn't particularly perform well in the Summer League. A big chunk of last night was his shot clearly was off, but I also wonder if he's a guy that really gets hurt in the quasi-chaotic situations of the pre-season...what with all the experimenting and mix-and-match lineups.

Jarrett Jack looked sloppy and a little out of control. I like him as a backup, but he kind of reminded me a little of Haywoode. I expect improvement over the course of the pre-season.

McRoberts surprised me. I saw his block, and a nice steal. He seemed non-existent, offensively, when I was watching, but I thought he showed good effort.

On another note, I just got DirecTV. I didn't get the sports pack, and I wasn't planning on getting the NBA Pass (I spent that money on Sunday Ticket), but it looks like I may not have to. As part of my normal package, I get several (not all) Fox Sports channels, and I was able to watch parts of the Detroit-Milwaukee and Charlotte-Somebodyoranother games. That was a nice little surprise.

Jonathan
10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
I was impressed with that Jordan kid from Marist on New Orleans. He had a good game. He hustled and almost got credit for hitting a shot 3/4 of the length of court.

pacergod2
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the pics magic rat.

Also, Intricold, you took the words right out of my mouth. I see this kid being another Marbury. Guy needs the ball to be effective and when he scores 40 the team puts up 80 and most of their points come off offensive rebounds from the 30 shots he missed. I would hope if I am Portland that he can become a Jason Terry like player who plays both guard positions well but neither great. I dont think he will sniff the court this year with all of the guards Portland has. Portland wanted the guy with the upside and they got him. That is the only prayer of them getting something out of that pick was someone who can score being the fifth guard in the rotation. I think Bayless has a lot of talent but I honestly don't think he fits what we are doing. Especially knowing that we were bringing TJ Ford in. He and Ford would be the most undersized backcourt in history. I think they made the right decision in Rush and I love his SKILL SET. He is a diverse basketball player. The kid will gain confidence. That just takes playing time and experience. I think Rush will be the much better player over the course of their careers. I think he and Granger will be a spectacular duo on the wing for our future. Ford Rush Granger PF TBD and Hibbert. That makes me feel pretty warm and not because I pissed myself.

BillS
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
On another note, I just got DirecTV. I didn't get the sports pack, and I wasn't planning on getting the NBA Pass (I spent that money on Sunday Ticket), but it looks like I may not have to. As part of my normal package, I get several (not all) Fox Sports channels, and I was able to watch parts of the Detroit-Milwaukee and Charlotte-Somebodyoranother games. That was a nice little surprise.

I suspect that's just the pre-season, don't count on it during the season. The NBA blacks out all but games on your local Fox Sports channel, or at least they did a few years ago when I tried to use the Fox Sports package as a poor man's NBALP.

Justin Tyme
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I wasn't expecting the Pacers to win last night, but I didn't think I'd be subjected to watching such a poor preformance form the Pacers. I realize it's the 1st pre-season game, but I was just saddened by what I saw. It's pretty obvious the Pacers need a lot more work. I can see a slow start for the regular season with obtaining a .500 season as pushing it. I was just disappointed with the way the game was played. Hopefully, Friday nights game will be an improvement.

McKeyFan
10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
We still don't have anyone who can draw a double team, and we still won't when Dun and Murph return.

Unclebuck
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
When did the Hornets get Denver Nuggets uniforms

Trader Joe
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I think I'm gonna like Roy Hibbert.

NapTonius Monk
10-09-2008, 01:45 PM

Absolutely. And knowing Stern's passion for the Blue n' Gold, I wouldn't be surprised to see just that.

Speed
10-09-2008, 01:47 PM
We still don't have anyone who can draw a double team, and we still won't when Dun and Murph return.

I think defenders will have trouble staying in front of Ford. It's not like a low post double team, but it is something that will cause a defense to help and get out of position. If TJ can do this without getting out of control too often, he will have a huge year and the Pacers will have some semblence of an end of game go to option, imho. Out of all that mess last night, it was very incouraging to see him penetrate with the intent to get a teammate an easy shot. The stats don't show it, but he easily should've or could've had 4 more assists. Add Murphy and Dunleavy to the mix and I pretty happy with TJ from the potential I saw last night.

ABADays
10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the pictures MR. Sure is a lot brighter than I ever remember the Coliseum.

Shade
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
As bad as the offense was, I was more concerned about the defense, especially on transition.

And don't tell me that the return of Dun, Murph, and Diener is going to fix our defense. ;)

The rebounding was also very poor.

But, who knows. Maybe it was just jitters. Or unfamiliarity. Or maybe Nawlins is just that damn good.

Still, preseason or not, it's embarrassing to get hammered like that.

Kemo
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
twice the penetrator and half the shooter.

LOL , *steps back , grabs mind out of the gutter* .. *slowly walks away*

BillS
10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
As bad as the offense was, I was more concerned about the defense, especially on transition.

And don't tell me that the return of Dun, Murph, and Diener is going to fix our defense. ;)

The rebounding was also very poor.

But, who knows. Maybe it was just jitters. Or unfamiliarity. Or maybe Nawlins is just that damn good.

Still, preseason or not, it's embarrassing to get hammered like that.

The guys on the floor at the beginning were doing a very good job of forcing the ballhandlers and cutters into awkward places - I noticed more than once that they tried to move them toward the baseline, as discussed.

The Hornets tended to be able to make the extra pass and find the one guy just out of position or find someone to make a very tough shot (like a 10-foot finger roll, fer cryin' out loud). Then, as the unfamiliar lineups started playing on the Pacer side, the tendency to leave the clear 3-pointer for Peja (among other things) hurt badly.

I think later in the game certain lineups were terrible defensively, but the more experienced groupings were able to clamp down for short periods.

On top of that, New Orleans <i>is</i>that good, especially from the perimeter.

KennerLeaguer
10-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm just catching up with all the comments in this thread. Obviously I didn't see the game like most of you guys but I wanted to get a feel from those who did on how the rookies played. I think a few of you are getting a little panicky way too early. You take a look at all the early pre-season contests and with a few exceptions the rookies haven't yet made much of an impression. Beasley's first game was alright but he took a ton of shots. OJ was okay too. McGee had a very good second game (a huge step up from his first) and the funny thing is he wouldn't have gotten the chance to get that many minutes if it wasn't for Brendan Haywood's injury. There were maybe one or two other guys who showed something but that's it. And if I'm not mistaken all of the rookies out there had one advantage that Brandon and Roy did not: they got to participate against real NBA opponents in the summer league. Some folks have to relax and not jump to conclusions, not just with Rush and Hibbert but with the returning players as well. Its one game and its preseason. Heck, preseason ultimately means little. Lets see how O'Brien develops the team over the course of the first couple of minutes of the season and lets especially give the rookies time. I was especially amused with some people bemoaning again the choice of picking Rush over Bayless. The jury of course is not out but Bayless is a guy with point guard size and point guard capabilities and yet despite playing for most of the game his first time out alongside some STUD players he couldn't generate one lousy assist. Slow down the hype on that guy already.