PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Uverse & NBA LEAGUE PASS

TMJ31
10-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Well, I have had Uverse now for several months out here in California... Today I went online to order League Pass in anticipation of the preseason starting tomorrow, and Uverse does not carry it apparently!!!

This is an outrage!!! I specifically asked the CS people when I ordered if they had NBA League Pass and was told yes repeatedly... I would *NOT* have ordered if I would have known it was not offered.

Boy oh boy is this crappy...

What are my options here? Even if I just get their little FSN package-- Wouldn't the games be blacked out anyways, even though I am out of market?

I guess my last remaining option is to use the NBA League Pass Broadband thing, and watch the games over the net on my computer... But even then, I cannot GET a subscription to League Pass, so I would not even be able to get a username/password to be USED on the NBALP Broadband site...

Anyone got any ideas? I just went from a good day to a horrible day in about 5 seconds flat... I have not missed a single game (except for the completely blacked out games) in years... Not about to start now!

imawhat
10-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Is there a way to cancel Uverse and/or get Time Warner Cable/DirecTV?

TMJ31
10-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Well, Uverse has no service agreement, I am fully free to cancel it anytime.

The only problem is, I also have it for internet service- and I quite like it...

I suppose a possibility would be to see if I can drop the TV portion of the service, and get cable... Is Time Warner Cable any good?

I've had DISH or DTV as long as I can remember, does cable compare?

andreialta
10-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Well, Uverse has no service agreement, I am fully free to cancel it anytime.

The only problem is, I also have it for internet service- and I quite like it...

I suppose a possibility would be to see if I can drop the TV portion of the service, and get cable... Is Time Warner Cable any good?

I've had DISH or DTV as long as I can remember, does cable compare?

looks like you have to settle for online viewing. the underground nba league pass! haha

TMJ31
10-08-2008, 03:36 AM
looks like you have to settle for online viewing. the underground nba league pass! haha

I would be perfectly content watching online if I had to...

My only concern is that I am able to reliably see all the games...

Based on some research I've just done... the only cable provider in my area is Charter... and I have vowed never to use Charter again, they are terrible. This means I am down to one possibility for the moment.

If I was able to share a NBALP Broadband account with someone who CAN use regular TV NBALP... That would have to suffice until Uverse wises up and adds NBALP

If anyone who is purchasing regular NBALP would be willing to give me access to their NBA.com broadband username and password for the season (or until I am able to get NBALP myself) I would be willing to help defray a portion of the cost of your NBALP subscription.

This would allow me to watch the games via the internet on my computer, and would NOT affect your ability to watch/tivo games on your TV.

PM if interested please!

MillerTime
10-08-2008, 04:48 AM
im also looking for purchase NBA League Pass Broadband. How much does League Pass go for?

Hicks
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
New customers are, I think, $179.99 for the season. Give or take $10.00.

McKeyFan
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Is there still a website to go to for online games (and if the link needs to be a pm, please someone help me.)

Does nba.com show the preseason games for free?

juadam09
10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I am having the same problem (see my verizon FIOS thread)

I looked into the NBA League Pass broadband option, but the way I read it you have to have league pass with your cable provider before you can get the NBA league pass broadband package.

Has anyone does the online package thing before? Am I correct? If so is there a way around this.

El Pacero
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
You could always buy a hoosier friend a Slingbox. A couple seasons ago I burned every single game on DVD for my brother in law, and mailed each DVD the day after the game. Talk about dedication....and a season that seemed to never end.

naptownmenace
10-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I am having the same problem (see my verizon FIOS thread)

I looked into the NBA League Pass broadband option, but the way I read it you have to have league pass with your cable provider before you can get the NBA league pass broadband package.

Has anyone does the online package thing before? Am I correct? If so is there a way around this.

This is correct. I used both last year and the way you get access to NBA League Pass Broadband is by using your Dish/Directv/TWC account number to your NBA All Access login account on NBA.com. I'd be willing to split the cost with someone as I rarely used the broadband portion of the LP.

ThA HoyA
10-08-2008, 07:42 PM
im still debating lp but if someone wants to help pay for it since i dont use the online portion pm me...

TMJ31
10-10-2008, 08:43 PM
UPDATE:

I bit the bullet and decided to ditch Uverse tv in favor of DirecTV, which I have always liked anyways.

Uverse lost my business when they hired CS people who lie to you when they don't know the answer to a simple question...

"Do you offer NBA League Pass"
"Yes, we do offer that!"

riighhttttt.....

So basically, I will no longer be needing to use anyones NBALP broadband account.

Thanks to those who were willing to help me out though! I appreciate it very much!

Hicks
10-10-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a question about DirecTV. Up until about February, I had Dish Network for a couple of years.

If I were to get DirecTV down the road a bit, would the installation have to be anything more than the new dish on the roof and the new box inside? I mean is there any reason DirecTV can't just use the wiring that was installed (and never messed with after it left) for Dish Network?

El Pacero
10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a question about DirecTV. Up until about February, I had Dish Network for a couple of years.

If I were to get DirecTV down the road a bit, would the installation have to be anything more than the new dish on the roof and the new box inside? I mean is there any reason DirecTV can't just use the wiring that was installed (and never messed with after it left) for Dish Network?

You have it right, it's just coax cable, it works for either. The only difference is the dish and the receivers. As long as you have wiring to each TV, you're fine. Dish Network has some advantage as far as not having to wire two cables to use tivo/dvr and record two channels at once, but I think that's the only difference.

Hicks
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Actually, when I had Dish, it did take two cables to use the dvr on two channels at once. But that wiring is still there, so even if DirecTV needs it, it's there.

The only thing I don't know is if DirecTV points in the same direction in the sky as Dish. I have no idea about all of that. I'm sure there's more than one option for both Dish and DirecTV.

Basically, I'm wondering if they can take down the old dish to put up the DirecTV one in the same spot because as long as it needs to point either south over to southwest, it has clear skies/no trees in the way.

El Pacero
10-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I know they do point in different directions...different satellites. But I think DirecTV is pointed to the southern sky as well (I think mine is SW) so you shouldn't have to move the location of the dish...just exchange them.

Hicks
10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Cool; thanks!

Eindar
10-11-2008, 06:50 AM
My DirecTV points SW also, Hicks, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem for you.