PDA

View Full Version : FYI's for The Pacers Tribute Game at the Pepsi Coliseum

duke dynamite
10-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Some FYI's:

My rep told me that we will be wearing "retro" uniforms, she didn't know from when, so it should be cool.

The normal court from the Fieldhouse will be used, unfortunately it won't be an "Old school" one with not very much paint or anything...

As far as everyone knows, still no ABA ball. Shame.

Other than some extra banter, this game would go down just like any other. Doors open around 90 minutes before tip, fan-player greetings 30 or so minutes before tip-off.

Parking should be free.

Easy directions from any area are provided at the State Fairgrounds Website: http://www.in.gov/statefair/fairgrounds/maps/driving.html

Anyway, Anyone going?

If so, wanna meet up?

Los Angeles
10-06-2008, 04:23 AM
My god, I wish I could go to this. :sad:

Roaming Gnome
10-06-2008, 08:36 AM
The Fairgrounds will be buzzing that day with the B. Obama rally happening on the same day.

rexnom
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
The Fairgrounds will be buzzing that day with the B. Obama rally happening on the same day.
I wish I could say more about what you just said. I will remain mum except for the fact that this is a really exciting development.

El Pacero
10-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Regardless of politics, I wish Obama would have picked a different venue or day . . . he's taking away much needed attention from our improved Pacers.

I can't wait for this game. Hopefully beer prices will be the same as in the ABA days, ha!

CableKC
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Regardless of politics, I wish Obama would have picked a different venue or day . . . he's taking away much needed attention from our improved Pacers.

I can't wait for this game. Hopefully beer prices will be the same as in the ABA days, ha!
Wouldn't having an Obama rally as a lead in be a good thing?

Ignoring politics here......I'm guessing that there will still be a good turnout before the game. If I were there for the rally ( which I probably would be if I were in Indy ), I would decide to catch the game after as well.

Major Cold
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I would think that it would draw more people to the venue than detract from it.

CableKC
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I would think that it would draw more people to the venue than detract from it.
That's what I'm thinking. It's like in the 90s when NBC had Seinfeld on Thursday nights.....any show that was scheduled to appear after Seinfeld would get a boost in ratings.

count55
10-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Barring any logistical issues that might arise from a timing problem, I can't see Obama's rally having any impact on the Pacers game.

BKK
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Barring any logistical issues that might arise from a timing problem, I can't see Obama's rally having any impact on the Pacers game.

... except if he goes to the game, he loves basketball :)

a PR move I'd consider

Hicks
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
All right, let's leave the Obama stuff off from here on out, folks.

Dr. Goldfoot
10-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Considering the rally begins 7 hours before tip-off, I don't see the relevance.

Since86
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Will the game be televised? I doubt it, but still thought I'd ask.

Hicks
10-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Will the game be televised? I doubt it, but still thought I'd ask.

Actually, yes it is. Both the Pepsi Colisuem game and the Fort Wayne game on Friday are going to be on FSN Indiana.

Then it's all radio until we head to Detroit.

CableKC
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I think that NBA was smart enough to continue with the Free NBA Audio pass. Does that mean that we can catch the Preseason game for free on Radio?

duke dynamite
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
All right, let's leave the Obama stuff off from here on out, folks.
I was about to think, it was getting a little political.

Thanks.

Anyway, I really am looking forward to this. Granted it's just a preseason game, but my dad always told me stories about watching the Pacers play at the Fairgrounds when he was young. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

imawhat
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually, yes it is. Both the Pepsi Colisuem game and the Fort Wayne game on Friday are going to be on FSN Indiana.

Then it's all radio until we head to Detroit.

Hate to ask this question every season, but is there a way to view those two games outside of Indiana? Time Warner has yet to offer league pass, and doesn't show preseason games.

Hicks
10-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Probably not unless there's an internet stream out there.

El Pacero
10-06-2008, 11:23 PM
The only reason I said I wished he had picked another day or time, is that the local news will be more focused on him than the Pacers now. The Pacers would receive more minutes on each channel when there is no other news, but now there is bigger news. This is THE game to help start bringing back the Pacers to our positive past and memorable championships, WITH the help of local media - probably less than 1% of Indy will be there.

I think it is great no one has gotten political....'nuff said.

TheDon
10-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Not to bring it back up or anything but I would LOVE to go see the Pacers play, and just to clarify is the game happening before? during? or after the rally? Cause I plan on being at the rally anyway and didn't even clue in on the fact that they were both in the same place and same day until you guys pointed it out in this thread. If it's after can I get tickets at the colliseum? I'd even settle for the nosebleed seats.

EDIT: Hicks if you want to delete this post cause it still mentions it can you please send me a PM informing me of when the two occurr or where I could get the information from?

duke dynamite
10-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Change the thread title to FYI's for Political Rally.

All I care about is the game.

ugh...

count55
10-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Not to bring it back up or anything but I would LOVE to go see the Pacers play, and just to clarify is the game happening before? during? or after the rally? Cause I plan on being at the rally anyway and didn't even clue in on the fact that they were both in the same place and same day until you guys pointed it out in this thread. If it's after can I get tickets at the colliseum? I'd even settle for the nosebleed seats.

EDIT: Hicks if you want to delete this post cause it still mentions it can you please send me a PM informing me of when the two occurr or where I could get the information from?

The rally starts around noon, so it should be over well before the game. Again, logisticaly, I'd think they'd want to be sure of several hours difference between the end of one and the beginning of the other.

I would believe you could buy tickets at the box office there, but you should probably check with the Pacers at 317-917-2500.

Change the thread title to FYI's for Political Rally.

All I care about is the game.

ugh...

:rolleyes:

ABADays
10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
You all have no idea how much I would love to be at this game. I go back far enough that the Pacers playing in the Coliseum is my basketball Field of Dreams. What a sight to behold this game would be to me. I hope someone takes a lot of good pictures to post.

duke dynamite
10-07-2008, 02:29 PM
You all have no idea how much I would love to be at this game. I go back far enough that the Pacers playing in the Coliseum is my basketball Field of Dreams. What a sight to behold this game would be to me. I hope someone takes a lot of good pictures to post.

Charging the batteries to my camera as we speak. Expect something good. Since there are not many seats there, I'll be sure to get nice, close shots.

ABADays
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Charging the batteries to my camera as we speak. Expect something good. Since there are not many seats there, I'll be sure to get nice, close shots.

I will appreciate it more than you will know. :king:

MyFavMartin
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
If it's a true ABA tribute, who's going to wrestle the bear?

El Pacero
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I'll wrestle the beer . . . and take some pics, too.

NapTonius Monk
10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
JMV just said Slick will be coaching the 1st quarter of the game!

2minutes twowa
10-07-2008, 03:33 PM
:D

Since86
10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
JMV just said Slick will be coaching the 1st quarter of the game!

Does that mean JOB will take Slick's spot beside Mr. Boyle? Half joking, half serious.

I think it would be interesting listening to him while the team is actually playing. Get to hear what he wants as it's happening instead of hypothetical situations. It would be extremely informative, like sitting in on their film sessions.

NapTonius Monk
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Great interview with Slick on JMV right now.

mboyle1313
10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Since86,

JOB will be joining me for the first quarter tomorrow night.

MJB

duke dynamite
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Since86,

MJB

Wow, what a treat. :)

MrSparko
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Will Ferrell obviously.

ABADays
10-07-2008, 09:37 PM
First the retro uniforms, playing at the Coliseum and now Slick is going to coach - I'm feeling ill :(

duke dynamite
10-08-2008, 12:00 AM
First the retro uniforms, playing at the Coliseum and now Slick is going to coach - I'm feeling ill :(
I feel for ya.

rexnom
10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Since86,

MJB
That's a great set up - I really wish, as ABAdays said, that I could be a part of it.

Jonathan
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
How does this meet and greet work with the players tonight? What time is it? Does a ticket give anybody the right to get on the court? Are all players obliged to attend?

duke dynamite
10-08-2008, 09:37 AM
How does this meet and greet work with the players tonight? What time is it? Does a ticket give anybody the right to get on the court? Are all players obliged to attend?
You don't go on the court, but you get close. Not all players sign autographs before the games, but you have a good chance at seeing the new players and what-not.

El Pacero
10-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm all about Slick coaching the first quarter, that is just great. I heard a radio spot yesterday that said he would be in a leisure suit or something and you may even see an ABA ball?

I need to record the radio so I can listen to Mark and Jim when I get home! too cool.

mboyle1313
10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
O,

Don't know about the leisure suit, but you won't be seeing an ABA ball. I'm told the NBA Suits put the kibosh on that.

We're geting to be more and more like the NFL every day.

MJB

Pacers
10-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Anyone know if the parking is on the infield? After all the rain today, the infield is going to be a mess. Anywhere else to park on some paved ground?

BillS
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the parking will be on the track itself if it ends up being there, but it will start in the parking areas behind the exhibit buildings.

Since86
10-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Would someone be able to record the radio broadcast, or atleast the first qtr, and put it up on the site somewhere?

I gotta work til 11 or so, and can dvr the actual game, but I would really like to listen to JOB.

El Pacero
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
O,

Don't know about the leisure suit, but you won't be seeing an ABA ball. I'm told the NBA Suits put the kibosh on that.

MJB

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Maybe the commercial was referencing the ABA Pacers basketball for sale tonight for $25. They went all out for this game!

Since86, I'm going to try and use this to record Mark and Jim:
http://www.mp3mymp3.com/mp3_my_mp3_recorder.html

Since86
10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Awesome, thank you.

HC
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Hate to ask this question every season, but is there a way to view those two games outside of Indiana? Time Warner has yet to offer league pass, and doesn't show preseason games.

You may be able to pick up on a p2p thing like sopcast or something.

owl
10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Are there tickets still for sale or is it sold out? I heard there was limited access with not all seats to be sold.

Pacers
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Mike Dunleavy is not playing tonight, and is decked out in a 70s sports coat that looks like Bob Knight lent it to him. LOL