PDA

View Full Version : Ball State in the Top 25 for the first time

idioteque
10-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I tend to make fun of Ball State a lot due to their reputation among other Indiana schools when it comes to sports, but the Cards deserve some real kudos here- making the Top 25 rankings even without Dante Love, whose career has tragically ended due to that spine injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3627195

Hicks
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
This is a big deal for BSU.

Pig Nash
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
boo

Major Cold
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
BSU must be hopping right not.

Since86
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I tend to make fun of Ball State a lot due to their reputation among other Indiana schools when it comes to sports, but the Cards deserve some real kudos here- making the Top 25 rankings even without Dante Love, whose career has tragically ended due to that spine injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3627195

Growing up in Muncie, and knowing the actual history of the school seems you only know what's been happening the past 10yrs or so.

Prior to Bill Lynch taking over the football program, we were routinely at the top of the MAC.

In 1990 we lost to UNLV (the eventual NCAA champs) in the Sweet Sixteen, and gave them their closest game of the tourney. Rick Majerius made his coaching name at BSU, Bonzi became the MAC all time leading scorer, knocking off some guy named Ron Harper from the top spot. In 2002, BSU only managed to beat both UCLA and Kansas in the Maui Invitational, then lost to Duke in a tough game.

Our baseball team has a history of winning, especially at the MAC level.

Our recent history for sports hasn't been too kind, but for the level of university we are, we more than hold our own.

Billy Taylor has the basketball program heading in the right direction after Tim Buckley ignited the fire, and then Ronny Thompson through a couple thousand powder kegs on top.

idioteque
10-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Growing up in Muncie, and knowing the actual history of the school seems you only know what's been happening the past 10yrs or so.

Prior to Bill Lynch taking over the football program, we were routinely at the top of the MAC.

In 1990 we lost to UNLV (the eventual NCAA champs) in the Sweet Sixteen, and gave them their closest game of the tourney. Rick Majerius made his coaching name at BSU, Bonzi became the MAC all time leading scorer, knocking off some guy named Ron Harper from the top spot. In 2002, BSU only managed to beat both UCLA and Kansas in the Maui Invitational, then lost to Duke in a tough game.

Our baseball team has a history of winning, especially at the MAC level.

Our recent history for sports hasn't been too kind, but for the level of university we are, we more than hold our own.

Billy Taylor has the basketball program heading in the right direction after Tim Buckley ignited the fire, and then Ronny Thompson through a couple thousand powder kegs on top.

I guess I meant more of football. Their basketball has always been okay. As an A10 alum myself, I love me some mid major.

Since86
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Letterman again had a short snippit talking about us last night.

According to him, and not saying I disagree, the Cardinal is the fiercest robbin sized bird in all the world.