PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com's Pacers Preview

jhondog28
10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
29-53? 15th in East? Wow I love the bashing but i guess it is no one's fault since it was artificial intelligent that generated the record. I guess we will see.

http://www.nba.com/preview2008/ind.html

Putnam
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Evidently, that 29-53 rescord is the result of a simulation. It's not any person saying, "They're not that good" but just the result of playing the simulation through a season.

spreedom
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
That's what they get for using EA's game.... I'd be a lot more interested in seeing how 2k9 sees Indy finishing. I absolutely hate the ratings that Live gives to players. This years' from 2k9 aren't much better, but Live's are brutal.

OakMoses
10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I like how it says we waived Tinsley.

Roaming Gnome
10-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Using a 2nd rate "video game" as your means of a season preview is like a joke without a punchline.

duke dynamite
10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I was going to say...

spreedom
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM

Not to mention the fact that TJ is wearing #11 in the Live video....

underwave
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
miami leading the eastern conference. how's that possible.

kester99
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
It's not.

Naptown_Seth
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
miami leading the eastern conference. how's that possible.
Wade, Marion, B-Easy...Chalmers looks to be a nice surprise for them as well.

I don't see them out playing Boston or Detroit, but the East is a mess otherwise and last season was a bit of a shocker till Riley put the tank on. Wade and Marion are too talented to not be a playoff team, and if Beasley is the real deal they are strong from 2-4.

Major Cold
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Wade, Marion, B-Easy...Chalmers looks to be a nice surprise for them as well.

I don't see them out playing Boston or Detroit, but the East is a mess otherwise and last season was a bit of a shocker till Riley put the tank on. Wade and Marion are too talented to not be a playoff team, and if Beasley is the real deal they are strong from 2-4.

Is the NBA still 5 on 5?

BlueNGold
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Miami is too small and inexperienced, even with Haslem, to win the east.

They have 3 undersized PF's and DWade. That's not enough. Marion is overrated. Beasley is a rookie cancer. Chalmers has proven nothing.

No, in addition to Detroit and Boston, I suspect Cleveland will be better than Miami as well. Probably Philly and Orlando too. Might add the Pacers to that list as well...

croz24
10-03-2008, 01:22 AM
miami will be yet another perfect example of why it's so important to somehow obtain a high nba draft pick...so quite honestly, i'd either want a top 6 seed in the east or fewer than 30 wins. yet another season of mediocrity and a late lotto/late teens pick will do nothing for us.

LoneGranger33
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I really didn't think an article posted on NBA.com would mention Jamaal Tinsley's brawl use of a "lobby pan".

ChicagoJ
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Unfortuntately, since we are rebuilding (whether we admit to it or not), 29-53 sounds about right, regardless of the methodology.

BlueNGold
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
miami will be yet another perfect example of why it's so important to somehow obtain a high nba draft pick...so quite honestly, i'd either want a top 6 seed in the east or fewer than 30 wins. yet another season of mediocrity and a late lotto/late teens pick will do nothing for us.

I agree high lottery picks are the best way to championships. It's still a lot of luck, but without dipping into the blue chippers, it's simply a much longer bet.

But with Miami you have a team that is unbalanced and perhaps has adopted some problems with Beasley. They remind me more of the Nuggets than a championship team. Yes, they have DWade which helps fill many holes. But I am much happier with the team we have.

29 wins is awfully close to 30, so I suppose it's possible. But for those who don't see the enormous holes that have been filled on this team AND the fact this will be a TEAM. A TEAM. A team of players that will enjoy playing together and growing together. No blue chippers, so this group is not a contender, but I suspect we are much closer to .500 than 29-53...