PDA

View Full Version : Roster

PD Junkie
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
OOPS

Kemo
09-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Did you release Graham to keep Austin? Only if you can't rid Tinsley?

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

:laugh:

lol j/p my friend ...
Either it's me , and I simply don't get what you are saying or asking..

or
It is just late ,I am tired , and my eyes are buggin out...... lolz

I am leaning towards the first explanation..

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

:laugh:

lol j/p my friend ...
Either it's me , and I simply don't get what you are saying or asking..

or
It is just late ,I am tired , and my eyes are buggin out...... lolz

I am leaning towards the first explanation..

May as well call off the Post of the Year nominations.

Anthem
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
May as well call off the Post of the Year nominations.
Yeah, I'm pretty boggled. It's almost as crazy as if somebody known for correcting other people messed up the name of his own city while correcting somebody else's spelling of that city.

I'm doing a week of no correction as penance, so that's all I'll say about the post you mentioned.

But wow.

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Graham signed an extension over the off season. I don't think we can just release him. I'm pretty sure his contract, and roster spot is guaranteed.

count55
10-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Graham signed an extension over the off season. I don't think we can just release him. I'm pretty sure his contract, and roster spot is guaranteed.

Graham did not sign an extension, we picked up the option on his second year. His contract is guaranteed, but his roster spot is not. The Pacers can cut him, but they'd have to pay him.

Also, if we don't get rid of Tinsley, then we'd have to cut two players with guaranteed contracts to keep Croshere...most likely Graham and McBob.

Kuq_e_Zi91
10-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Graham did not sign an extension, we picked up the option on his second year. His contract is guaranteed, but his roster spot is not. The Pacers can cut him, but they'd have to pay him.

Also, if we don't get rid of Tinsley, then we'd have to cut two players with guaranteed contracts to keep Croshere...most likely Graham and McBob.

My fault. It's good to have you around to make sure we have the correct info. So, we're going to have to do multiple buyouts to keep Croshere, right?

I like Croshere and all but it seems like it's going to cost us just to add possibly an 11th or 12th man.

Unless ... Bird already has a deal in place to move Tinsley so we can cut down the roster and won't have to buy anybody out.

Hicks
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
No, they are not buyouts. They're cuts.

Actually, I'd forgotten all about Graham. It'd seem best to cut him and McRoberts if you want Croshere, but it depends on if we're going to give Williams a true last chance or not. If he's just waiting for his bags to be UPSed, then we may need to hold onto Graham for the wing positions.

Major Cold
10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
What can Croshere bring to this team that Murphy and McBob can't? I know the leader ploy is important, but this team needs interior scoring. Why can't we cut people for a guy who can do that?

Hicks
10-01-2008, 08:53 AM
What can Croshere bring to this team that Murphy and McBob can't? I know the leader ploy is important, but this team needs interior scoring. Why can't we cut people for a guy who can do that?

Murphy shouldn't be part of the question because he and Cro are not competing for minutes. Murphy is the starter, Croshere wants to be his backup. The comparison is Croshere vs. McRoberts and Croshere vs. Baston.

Anthem
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
If Cro is the backup PF, then that means you're playing Jeff exclusively at center, which is nutty. That means he and Rasho are getting all of the center minutes, which means Hibbert gets no minutes.

Look, I know I've been down on Hibbert, but if he loses minutes to Austin Croshere then I'll be miffed. That's ridiculously short-sighted. I don't think he's ready for much yet, but the way he'll get there is by actually playing in games.

Croshere should not be taking minutes from Hibbert. I can't believe we're even considering it, even if we do "need a leader."

count55
10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
If Cro is the backup PF, then that means you're playing Jeff exclusively at center, which is nutty. That means he and Rasho are getting all of the center minutes, which means Hibbert gets no minutes.

Look, I know I've been down on Hibbert, but if he loses minutes to Austin Croshere then I'll be miffed. That's ridiculously short-sighted. I don't think he's ready for much yet, but the way he'll get there is by actually playing in games.

Croshere should not be taking minutes from Hibbert. I can't believe we're even considering it, even if we do "need a leader."

I think Foster will be the primary backup at 4, with Murph getting 33-35, Foster 6-10, Cro/Baston getting the dregs...(not considering the occasional appearance of the small lineup with a Danny, mayhaps Shawne at the 4). I want to see Hibbert get a steady 10-15 minutes.

I think Croshere is just somebody that Bird and JOB will be more comfortable with as the 12-15th man than either McBob or Graham (or maybe Baston). Nothing more. I'm cool with that.

Hicks
10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I meant A backup not THE backup.

LoneGranger33
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Did you release Graham to keep Austin? Only if you can't rid Tinsley?

Sounds a bit like the speech Charlie wrote for Dennis' comptroller campaign.

Anthem
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I think Foster will be the primary backup at 4, with Murph getting 33-35, Foster 6-10, Cro/Baston getting the dregs...(not considering the occasional appearance of the small lineup with a Danny, mayhaps Shawne at the 4). I want to see Hibbert get a steady 10-15 minutes.

I think Croshere is just somebody that Bird and JOB will be more comfortable with as the 12-15th man than either McBob or Graham (or maybe Baston). Nothing more. I'm cool with that.
If that's really the situation, then I'm fine with it. But Cro is Larry's guy, and he sure seems to think he's got the possibility of getting higher than third string in the rotation.

I'm betting there will be a LOT of games where Croshere gets more minutes than Hibbert.

ChicagoJ
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking Foster's days are numbered. He's our most tradeable guy, we aren't going to be a contender until his hips are arthritic, and while we don't have any "great" PFs, we have a number of competent PFs.

Major Cold
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Murphy shouldn't be part of the question because he and Cro are not competing for minutes. Murphy is the starter, Croshere wants to be his backup. The comparison is Croshere vs. McRoberts and Croshere vs. Baston.

I am thinking about combination of players. Lets say that Foster and Murphy start and there are injuries to other frontcourt players. Croshere will not give us anything different. You have to think of combinations with starters and core rotationals. So I think that Murphy has everything to do with it.

Shade
10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty boggled. It's almost as crazy as if somebody known for correcting other people messed up the name of his own city while correcting somebody else's spelling of that city.

I'm doing a week of no correction as penance, so that's all I'll say about the post you mentioned.

But wow.

Friends don't let friends drink and post.