PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen pictures of Andrew Bynum recently?

HiRise
09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I was just looking around the internet for pictures from media day and I came across the Lakers' and all I have to say is Bynum is HUGE. Did we make a mistake asking for both Odom and Bynum? I would LOVE to have Bynum in a Pacer uniform. I never thought this 17 year old would get this big.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/images/andrewbynum_ijj8w9kn.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/i3b1x0.jpg

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't think the Lakers wanted to give up Bynum period.

He is pretty scary though, and he's only going to grow.

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM
He was never on the table.

Hicks
09-30-2008, 03:20 PM
He was never on the table.

Look, I honestly don't give a damn anymore, but why is this assumed a truth by so many? I don't see how anyone really knows one way or the other.

HiRise
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I see, because I thought the Lakers were willing to trade Bynum for JO but wouldn't because we were also asking for Odom.

Another scary thing;
http://i35.tinypic.com/11jra52.jpg

ajbry
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Mac is already dealing with injuries, I wouldn't worry too much about the Rockets.

Their most consistent player this season is likely to be Rafer Alston... What more needs to be said?

Kstat
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Ron Artest on any team is scary...

Their best player just admitted he had arthritis in his shoulders. Somehow I don't see them makign a deep playoff sun...

aceace
09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I won't sweat Bynum, Hibberts going to punk him to the NBDL. Bynum if he's lucky... 5 pts 5 rbds against us. Take that to the bank... but don't use it for collateral.

IMHO... honestly. Hibbert can handle him defensively. Roy, by years end has a solid chance of being the steal of the draft. He's very mature, works hard and wants to win. What more could you ask for from a guy 7'2 275lbs. Physically its a great matchup. Go Roy!!!

Trader Joe
09-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I see, because I thought the Lakers were willing to trade Bynum for JO but wouldn't because we were also asking for Odom.

Another scary thing;

Scary if you're a rockets fan.

Anthem
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Look, I honestly don't give a damn anymore, but why is this assumed a truth by so many? I don't see how anyone really knows one way or the other.
It was pretty widely reported that the Lakers owners (not front office) refused to consider trading Bynum. I don't have links now, but they're in the old threads. I actually thought it was widely assumed that "Bynum+Odom" was Donnie's starting position; that he was willing to let Odom out of the trade but not Bynum.

You're right that it doesn't matter now, but I don't think anybody credible has even suggested that Bynum was on the table.

Also, watch your language or the admins will getcha. :flirt:

duke dynamite
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Another scary thing;

Resemblance?

http://neworganizing.com/blog/uploaded_images/Power-Rangers-700021.jpg

McKeyFan
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
January. (In his own mind).

mildlysane
09-30-2008, 04:22 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

carpediem024
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
I was surprised my self too when I saw this picture. They've been saying so much good things about his knee. Just can't wait to actually see it.

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
It was pretty widely reported that the Lakers owners (not front office) refused to consider trading Bynum. I don't have links now, but they're in the old threads. I actually thought it was widely assumed that "Bynum+Odom" was Donnie's starting position; that he was willing to let Odom out of the trade but not Bynum.

You're right that it doesn't matter now, but I don't think anybody credible has even suggested that Bynum was on the table.

What he said. Plus...

Add that up with the general sentiment from NBA insiders, the tone of the Laker front office, the fact that LA admitted to rejecting a Bynum-for-JKidd deal a few months earlier because they were in love with the kid, the fact that LA didn't trade for KG when a Bynum/Odom package was considerably better than what McHale got from Boston even though Kobe was threatening to walk, and the fact that Bynum/Odom for JO was patently absurd from the beginning...and there's only one conclusion.

Smoothdave1
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
I've never seen so much hype for a guy who really hasn't done anything significant in his career. Bynum had a few good games last year and he's now the next Wilt or Shaq. I'm not saying Bynum may not be a great player, but you'd think he was the greatest player ever from what people have said. We'll see what he does this year, but I'm not drinking the Kool Aid yet.

!Pacers-Fan!
09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
i think Bynum will be more explosive this year.

aero
10-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Scary if you're a rockets fan.

thats what i was thinking lol

jmoney2584
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Roy will be prone to getting bigger as well. You can tell by recent photos that he has, and there is no reason to believe that won't continue. He won't be as explosive as Bynum, but in terms of throwing your weight around on D and battling for position he will hold his own.

Shade
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM

That is fantastic. :lol:

Shade
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I won't sweat Bynum, Hibberts going to punk him to the NBDL. Bynum if he's lucky... 5 pts 5 rbds against us. Take that to the bank... but don't use it for collateral.

IMHO... honestly. Hibbert can handle him defensively. Roy, by years end has a solid chance of being the steal of the draft. He's very mature, works hard and wants to win. What more could you ask for from a guy 7'2 275lbs. Physically its a great matchup. Go Roy!!!

You forgot this: :sarcasm:

CableKC
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I hope that Bynum takes the Lakers to the cleaners when his extension comes up at the end of the month.

Major Cold
10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope that Bynum takes the Lakers to the cleaners when his extension comes up at the end of the month.
oh he will. I can see a Kenyon Martin contract brewing. No I am not saying that Bynum will suffer the fate of Bynum.

DGPR
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
oh he will. I can see a Kenyon Martin contract brewing. No I am not saying that Bynum will suffer the fate of Bynum.

Which Bynum are you referring to? :p

Pacers
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM

I had always heard it was the opposite. That the Lakers were willing to trade Odom for JO, but the Pacers were holding out for Bynum to be added.

Major Cold
10-01-2008, 09:25 PM
i meant martin.

Smoothdave1
10-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Pacers and Lakers were both over the cap and the Lakers would have needed to include Odom to make a deal work. JO made 20 mil or so. Odom was around 13, Brown around 7 and Bynum around 2.

Bynum and even Brown for JO would not have worked under CBA.

Anthem
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
I had always heard it was the opposite. That the Lakers were willing to trade Odom for JO, but the Pacers were holding out for Bynum to be added.
Yeah, that was pretty much the nationwide consensus.