LG33
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Sweet. Thanks Hicks!

NapTonius Monk
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I got nothin....:dunno:

Peck
09-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Think they got the company line about telling the fans they were going to play hard?

I saw Dun's continued interview on WTHR and I reall liked the part where he said that Optimism was a word being used to much. Kind of broke the kayfab but hey it was good to hear.

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Did Austin bump his head somewhere over the past two years? He sounds like Lil Kevin.

Good to see these guys acting so positive though. The feeling of relief and "Finally, all that is behind us" mentality is palpable. Obviously, that doesn't help our severe lack of talent, but it should be a little bit of an uplifting factor that could equal a couple of extra wins. And it's something that most Association pundits probably won't take into account.

duke dynamite
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Well said, Mike. Great way of not sugar coating things. There is no reason for too high of expectations right off the bat for a team we haven't seen yet. On the other hand, there is a lot of optimism surrounding the current status of the team which is great. But they have something to prove...

LG33
09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Did Austin bump his head somewhere over the past two years? He sounds like Lil Kevin.

Just because his mom thinks he's special doesn't make him retarded. You don't get points for that. Any parent would say that about their son.

NuffSaid
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Anybody catch that little touch of arrogance at the end of Croshere's interview?

"They wouldn't have brough him here and wasted 'HIS' time..." The video cut off from there, but upon hearing that I was like, "WOW"!!!

Hicks
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
It just means he has a shot. Wasting his time would be bringing him in already knowing full well he has no chance of making the team.

ABADays
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Anybody catch that little touch of arrogance at the end of Croshere's interview?

"They wouldn't have brough him here and wasted 'HIS' time..." The video cut off from there, but upon hearing that I was like, "WOW"!!!

Yes, Austin has always been one arrogant SOB :rolleyes:

deekay85
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Diener, Williams and Rasho weren't at media day? Why? Does anybody knows? Possible trade pieces?

Hicks
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Rasho was at media day. I haven't seen Diener or Shawne in the pictures, but they had fresh quotes from Shawne in the paper today.

deekay85
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
allright, thx

Anthem
09-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow, video's already been taken down. Anybody wanna give a recap?

NuffSaid
09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
It just means he has a shot. Wasting his time would be bringing him in already knowing full well he has no chance of making the team.

Yes, Austin has always been one arrogant SOB :rolleyes:
I knew someone would come at me that way, and that's not what I meant by my comment.

I've always liked Croshere. I thought he and Foster played off each other extremely well. Usually, I'm against bringing former players back, but in this case as was the case for Mark Jackson's return long ago, I'm all in here.

My problem w/Croshere's comment is that he comes across as if he had something better to do. It's as if he's saying he had a better offer elsewhere and if he doesn't get a roster spot here then his returning here and going through training camp would have been for nothing. My point is if he's going to take such an arrogant stance on the matter (if indeed the above scenario is even close to being true), then why take such a risk in coming back?

And that brings me to the roster...

(EDIT) According to Pacers.com, there are 19 active players listed on the roster. We know our two remaining FAs, Harrison and Owens, won't be returning, and we can rest assured that eventually Tinsley will be gone as well. I'll assume that Croshere is now an active player considering his name is now on the roster. This, of course, goes contrary to talk of him having to "earn" a roster spot per this article from IndyStar.com (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080930/SPORTS04/809300384/1088/SPORTS04). That accurately brings the number down to 16 per the article, but the Pacers will still need to reduce the roster by 1 player even if they trade Tinsley which means somebody's got to go with him. IMO, I think it's between McRoberts, Williams, Baston and Graham. With Bird's comments concerning Williams over the summer, I'd say he's the most likely candidate to be the odd man out.

Your thoughts...???

(BTW, the IndyStar article supports my comments on Croshere's arrogance in this matter. The way I see it, he still has to earn his way onto the roster. It shouldn't be a given, but I'm sure at this point for him it's more a case of "show me you're 100% now" rather than "show me whatcha' got, kid".)

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I think what Austin meant in that off-hand, at-practice comment about why he came to camp is: "I've known Larry, Herb and many of the other people around here for over a decade, and because we have a mutual respect for each other and they called me up and told me I have a shot, then I know I can believe that they aren't just yanking my chain and bringing me in here just to be another body for scrimmages when they told me that wasn't the case."