PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow I just watched Dr. Horrible

Anthem
09-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Amazing. I've listened to "On the Rise" (beginning of Act II) 5 times now. Who knew Neil Patrick Harris was that talented?

An avatar change may be in order... temporarily at least.

Anthem
09-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Here's the link, for those who might not have seen it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/28343/dr-horribles-sing-along-blog

rexnom
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
This looks excellent. When I get more time, I'll watch it in full.

JayRedd
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Just finally watched it at your prompting.

Not bad.

Eindar
09-30-2008, 11:14 PM
How quickly we forget his amazing work on Doogie Howser, M.D., and Harold and Kumar :)

bellisimo
10-01-2008, 07:32 AM
How quickly we forget his amazing work on Doogie Howser, M.D., and Harold and Kumar :)

the guy is legendary...

Anthem
10-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Just finally watched it at your prompting.

Not bad.
I'll admit I'm partial to a good fugue. The song "On the rise" in the beginning of Act II was amazing.

count55
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Joss Whedon is a god.

N8R
10-05-2008, 05:14 AM
That was well worth the watch. Being from Canada I had to download it cause the site would not work. I want to go as Dr Horrible for Halloween

Eindar
10-05-2008, 11:49 PM
That was well worth the watch. Being from Canada I had to download it cause the site would not work. I want to go as Dr Horrible for Halloween

I'm going as Dr. Horrible for Halloween! If you're planning on doing it and want to do it right, you'll need someone who's good at sewing, because his lab coat is almost impossible to find for less than $100 out of England.

For what it's worth, I'm going as the "Evil League of Evil" Dr. Horrible, with red/black. I hope people recognize it :)

N8R
10-06-2008, 01:05 AM
If I was going out for Halloween I would do it. I was trying to figure out what kind of jacket it is. Any ideas? I saw the white rubber boots, what I assume are welding gloves and goggles, I figure the coat is a welders coat too but for some reason I thought a butchers coat maybe. Regardless I want to see a picture of you Eindar dressed as Dr Horrible for Halloween.

JayRedd
10-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Why not just flight suit up?

rexnom
10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Why not just flight suit up?
Nice - always a legendary option. Of course, I'll probably be going as a three-hole-punched version of myself.

Major Cold
10-09-2008, 09:06 AM
A mans gotta do...

Freeze ray

These songs are stuck in my head. Thanks Anthem. I liked it though.

Captain Hammer dropped his hammer.

N8R
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I love the music. It is great. I hope there is more of it.

Major Cold
10-09-2008, 10:12 AM
i did too. I just don't want it in my head from the moment I wake to the end of the day.

N8R
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I do.

Anthem
10-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm humming "crashing to the ground" right now.

Fugues are awesome.

Major Cold
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I want of of this genre. Mr.Sparko find it for me you crazy musical fanatic.

Shade
10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Simply amazing.

NPH > You

Eindar
10-10-2008, 11:23 PM
If I was going out for Halloween I would do it. I was trying to figure out what kind of jacket it is. Any ideas? I saw the white rubber boots, what I assume are welding gloves and goggles, I figure the coat is a welders coat too but for some reason I thought a butchers coat maybe. Regardless I want to see a picture of you Eindar dressed as Dr Horrible for Halloween.

Consider it done! I'm trying to make it as authentic as possible, hopefully it comes out good.

As for the jacket, it's an old style doctor/dentist coat, basically. In England they still sell them as Howie-style coats, and here dentists wear that style of clothing sometimes as a dentist's frock, but they're all short-sleeved, for obvious reasons. Regardless, it's really hard to find the exact coat for less than $100. :(

N8R
10-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah i did some research on the outfit and came across a lot of websites and people who wanted to know what the costume was and the jacket. There is one I saw that had someone who was making them, but he said no more before halloween. If I was good at sewing or making cloths I would just make one. It is a cool style of jacket. But yeah I definitely want to see a pic cause I think it is such a cool costume.

Los Angeles
10-12-2008, 05:44 AM
I'd say the captain hammer outfit would be an easier reproduction and just as easily recognizable.

Shade
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd say the captain hammer outfit would be an easier reproduction and just as easily recognizable.

Plus you could walk around mumbling "the hammer is my penis" all day.

JayRedd
10-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I've been doing that for years.

N8R
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
it is easier but I think The Hammer is a tool

Arcadian
10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
The tool is his penis.

You can get a lot of milage out of that one...depending how well endowed you are.

Eindar
10-13-2008, 09:40 PM

Thought about that, but at the end of the day, Captain Hammer is a D-bag, so it would be too much of a strech for me to pull it off. :)

Also, if it comes out really well, I'll be able to wear it again for Gen Con in the summer.

N8R
10-14-2008, 04:04 AM
I like the spirit Eindar. And I agree that Cpt Hammer is a D-Bag. I dont like him at all.

duke dynamite
10-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Wow, I finally got around to watching this. It was amazing.

I also thought it was great that Joss Whedon re-uses a lot of his cast members from past series in this one.

NPH is surprisingly an awesome singer.

N8R
11-01-2008, 04:30 AM
So Eindar lets see how the costume turned out.

Shade
11-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I want MORE!!!!! :mad:

Los Angeles
11-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Many of the people involved in Doctor Horrible are signed onto the latest Joss Whedon series "Dollhouse" which is a mid-season replacement greenlit to premier in January.

An old, old friend of mine is cutting one episode of Dollhouse and refuses to share even the smallest sliver of information. :kickcan:

I believe principle photography for much of the series has already been completed, and a good deal of the series is already "in the can".

Hicks
11-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I just now gave this a full watching.

I sometimes blow hot/cold with Whedon's stuff these days, but when it's hot, I love it just as much as I used to, and I caught this on a good night.

Wasn't expecting it to end that way (dramatically pleasing, however), but is he hinting that this was all a dream by including that last shot of Dr. Horrible in street clothes?

What did you all make of that?

Also, if you really liked this, you might want to consider the following TV shows from the maker of this musical (Joss Whedon):

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003) [Featuring its own musical episode in season 6]
Angel (1999-2004)
Firefly (2002 or 2003)

duke dynamite
11-03-2008, 02:59 AM
I think that was a last blast for Whedon.

I liked Firefly and Serenity, but there is too much crap on TV taking up time slots for something of good quality such as something he'd make to be successful.

I mean if he were to get another show on Fox, it'd be cancelled within two weeks.

Los Angeles
11-03-2008, 03:32 AM
I think that was a last blast for Whedon.

I liked Firefly and Serenity, but there is too much crap on TV taking up time slots for something of good quality such as something he'd make to be successful.

I mean if he were to get another show on Fox, it'd be cancelled within two weeks.

Looks like Fox is trying to pay penance for its past transgressions:

Dollhouse, which is to be produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Whedon's Mutant Enemy Inc.[10][11] and Dushku's Boston Diva Productions, has been granted a thirteen-episode production commitment by Fox, with a reported license fee in the range of US$1.5 million to US$2 million per episode.[12][13] Fox has decided to forgo the pilot episode of the series, opting to put funds towards the construction of the elaborate set and cultural context of the television series. It has been described as a "life-size Dollhouse".[14] On July 22nd, 2008 Joss Whedon announced that the first episode shot, "Echo", will be pushed to be the second, while a new episode will become first, saying that this "idea to do a new first episode wasn’t the network’s. It was mine."[15]
Dollhouse, along with J. J. Abrams' Fringe, will air with half the commercials and promo spots, adding about 6 minutes to the shows' run times, as part of a new Fox initiative called "Remote-Free TV".[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_(TV_series)

Hicks
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
No thoughts on the last shot?

duke dynamite
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Looks like Fox is trying to pay penance for its past transgressions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_(TV_series)
They only signed up to do 13 episodes so it won't be hard for them to cancel the series! :laugh:

Los Angeles
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
They only signed up to do 13 episodes so it won't be hard for them to cancel the series! :laugh:
What's so unusual about a 13 episode commitment?

FOX is, in fact, NOT messing this up the way they messed up Firefly. No messing with the story lines, no botching the release or schedule. They are giving the series a healthy budget and creative liberty.

They didn't even ask to see a pilot first, which is what sent Firefly into a hell-hole of bickering and second-guessing. This time, they committed to a 13-ep season which is standard for both mid-season replacements AND one hour dramas broadcast on basic cable stations.

If fans show up and watch it, the series will be given even longer legs.

The only reason this series will be cancelled are if the audience doesn't think it is any good and turn the channel.

duke dynamite
11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
The only reason this series will be cancelled are if the audience doesn't think it is any good and turn the channel.
We're not talking CBS or NBC here, this is FOX. They will cancel anything.

Hicks
11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm just glad they didn't cancel Terminator.

N8R
11-04-2008, 05:18 AM
I didn't know what to think of the last shot. I more saw it as him being sad after killing his love but being in the Evilness. But that is just me.

Anthem
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
No doubt. I'm loving it. (Ba dap bap bap baaaa)

As for the last shot, I didn't get "dream sequence" at all. I saw that as "ok, I have everything I ever wanted. I held a killer party (ha ha), got a new wardrobe, and finally got included in the League. But once the lights go out and everybody leaves, I'm still lonely."

duke dynamite
11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I love that show, but I would love to have it air on Tuesdays. The Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, and Two and a Half Men take up Mondays.

Anthem
11-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I love that show, but I would love to have it air on Tuesdays. The Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, and Two and a Half Men take up Mondays.
Hulu, man. Who watches stuff when it's broadcast any more?

Eindar
11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
So Eindar lets see how the costume turned out.

The pics that were taken of me were from the waist up, so I'm waiting on more of my friends' pics to roll in before I post one, hoping I don't have to get back into it just to take a full-length pic, haha, but there will definitely be a picture at some point. :)

Shade
11-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Hulu is the shyt.

N8R
11-05-2008, 05:03 AM
The pics that were taken of me were from the waist up, so I'm waiting on more of my friends' pics to roll in before I post one, hoping I don't have to get back into it just to take a full-length pic, haha, but there will definitely be a picture at some point. :)

I am patiently waiting.

Shade
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I watched this again last night. Still as funny as ever.

Bball
11-09-2008, 12:08 AM

You can't just cancel Terminator... you must terminate it!

;)

JayRedd
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM

Wait...They still broadcast TV shows? Like on the television? I thought that was just for sports?

N8R
11-09-2008, 02:59 AM
I watched in again during the week. Still love it.