13 Las Vegas

14 Baltimore

15 Young

16 World

17 Indianapolis

18 Hounds

19 Nowhere

20 Mass.

Also, we need to re-vote on expanding the commissioner powers.

DisplacedKnick
09-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Looks like I won't have to worry about picking in a hurry . . .

bellisimo
09-27-2008, 04:15 AM
why do I always get around the 15th pick?
ah well :)

Skaut_Ech
09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I love middle round picks. Yeah, 1st pick is nice, but then you have to wait through FORTY picks till you go again?? I'm picking where I wanted. (13th)

LoneGranger33
09-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Two straight picks are nice I suppose. Now I take both Lopez brothers in a row!

Slick Pinkham
09-27-2008, 08:00 AM
come on Lebron, side to 18...

:pray:

N8R
09-27-2008, 08:08 AM
My contingency is set to make my first pick. Pacertom I am rooting for you. I think My first pick will be Jason Williams of the Clippers.

DisplacedKnick
09-27-2008, 08:09 AM
come on Lebron, side to 18...

I remember one time he did. :D

Gyron
09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I have my contigency list set up for 20 players, so as far as it will let me.

Skaut_Ech
09-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Where I'm picking I can set my list for my first two picks, which is nice. Figures the guy who gets the ball rolling with the first pick is on the left coast and probably isn't even out of bed yet.

LoneGranger33
09-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Damn you LA!

EDIT: LG33's team, formerly Mass. Probation, will henceforth be known as The Wheaton Unbeaten, at least until the conclusion of the first game.

Los Angeles
09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I've played fantasy for a number of years and this is my first ever #1 pick. Guess who I chose ...

LoneGranger33
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Gilbert Arenas, first pick! Wow, what a shocker!

Pig Nash
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
next!

Skaut_Ech
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
next!

Good Lord. I know there's no time limit, but it's taken 9 hours for three picks? And it's the first round pick..kind of a no brainer. Load those contingency lists guys!!

DisplacedKnick
09-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Good Lord. I know there's no time limit, but it's taken 9 hours for three picks? And it's the first round pick..kind of a no brainer. Load those contingency lists guys!!

Shade hasn't been to the site for 3 weeks. He might need a PM.

EDIT: He posted that he wouldn't be around today. Da nada.

N8R
09-28-2008, 02:40 AM
Damn you Shade.

Skaut_Ech
09-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Boy we're sure showing that other league how to draft. 7 picks in 24 hours. Wow. Impressive.

Los Angeles
09-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I thought this was supposed to be a no-clock "soft" start.

Quitchabichin.

:brick:

:)

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I think I'll roll the dice and just take the entire Clippers roster. Hope Eric Gordon is a chucker.

DisplacedKnick
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
This draft isn't bothering me at all. The IKL OTOH - when the person who's due to draft logs on, looks at the draft thread and then leaves without drafting . . . :mad:

BTW - how did I get Steve Nash? This is a 1-year league, right?

Slick Pinkham
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
For almost 5 hours I'm chanting

One more pick and Josh Smith is mine

then Magic Rat swoops in

:punch:

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I was going to go Nash/Iverson, but then I thought to myself - why not go for the guys who you know will get injured for at least 20 games apiece.

JayRedd
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Since you beat me last season, I opted to adopt your strategery.

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Avoid Biedrins?

JayRedd
09-28-2008, 10:48 PM
TMac.

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I didn't have Tmac?

N8R
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Iverson is all mine MWHAHAHA I love it.

avoidingtheclowns
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I didn't have Tmac?

tmac misses about 20 games - which you stated earlier is a cornerstone of your drafting philosophy

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm glad you're always there to explain things for me, ATC.

Can't stay up any longer...sorry guys, hopefully pick forty won't come up anytime soon. I did, however, leave a contingency list of one.

MagicRat
09-29-2008, 12:24 AM

then Magic Rat swoops in

I thought I drafted Pau Gasol. Oh, well. I guess I'll go ahead and keep him........:duck:

LoneGranger33
09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry for holding up the draft there. I had Antawn Jamison in the contingency list; it just didn't work for some reason. Good thing my boss left early today, huh?

Old and big is my team's motto this fantasy season.

Slick Pinkham
09-29-2008, 09:01 PM
TMac.

I bet you like this cheery news:

Tracy McGrady told the Associated Press that an arthritic left shoulder will require surgery after the season and may slow him down this year, and that his surgically repaired left knee is still bothering him.

The opening day of training camp is usually highlighted by unrealistic expectations and optimism, but that's not the case with T-Mac. He's been an injury mess for a few seasons and if this news isn't a red flag, we're not sure what would be. He said Monday that his knee is "probably 75-80 percent" healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=100092&id=473

:cry:

JayRedd
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
EDIT: Nevermind.

Drafting in September remains retarded, however.

Skaut_Ech
09-30-2008, 06:02 AM
I bet you like this cheery news:

Tracy McGrady told the Associated Press that an arthritic left shoulder will require surgery after the season and may slow him down this year, and that his surgically repaired left knee is still bothering him.

The opening day of training camp is usually highlighted by unrealistic expectations and optimism, but that's not the case with T-Mac. He's been an injury mess for a few seasons and if this news isn't a red flag, we're not sure what would be. He said Monday that his knee is "probably 75-80 percent" healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=100092&id=473

:cry:

If a guy's injury prone, I don't even list him on my draft sheet. Ming, McGrady, Wade, Camby...I had them all down to take them only after my top five positions were filled. Looks like TMac is eager to start his season in his usual fashion! ;):):sad:

DisplacedKnick
09-30-2008, 06:55 AM
I got Shaq.

Huh.

Don't know how to feel about that - guess pretty good for about 60 games a year, pretty lousy if I make the finals.

Slick Pinkham
09-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry to hang things up overnight. Late last night I was 5 away from picking and guys had migrated to the top of my list that made sense numbers-wise but I didn't really want (e.g. Shaq, Brad Miller) so I paniced and dumped it.

Then I agonized forever between Mo Williams and Mehmet Okur (and a 3rd guy still out there), knowing that Scott was sitting there like a vulture ready to take what I left behind.

I had to sleep on it before going with Mo.

After Scott plucked Jose Calderon one pick before me on round 3 and I may have reached on Beidrins as a consolation, I had to be sure about #4.

At least I picked ONE American!

Skaut_Ech
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Sorry to hang things up overnight. Late last night I was 5 away from picking and guys had migrated to the top of my list that made sense numbers-wise but I didn't really want (e.g. Shaq, Brad Miller) so I paniced and dumped it.

Then I agonized forever between Mo Williams and Mehmet Okur (and a 3rd guy still out there), knowing that Scott was sitting there like a vulture ready to take what I left behind.

I had to sleep on it before going with Mo.

After Scott plucked Jose Calderon one pick before me on round 3 and I may have reached on Beidrins as a consolation, I had to be sure about #4.

At least I picked ONE American!

I just knew our picks were going to jack with each other.We're too like-minded with our drafting. Lemmee tell you what was going on with me.

I took Kidd, based on numbers, but immediately wished I had picked up Biedrins. Of course you snapped him right up. I started feeling a little buyers remorse.

Then I decided on Okur (along with filling my contingency list) and waited for you to pick. The wait was torture. Okur was my #1 guy I wanted and I was just sure you were going to pick him. Then I looked through your previous picks and had you pegged as taking a PG, so I talked myself into feeling a little better, then I started worrying again.

Looks like we might have a little trade discussion following the draft. :plot:

DisplacedKnick
09-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I had Okur ahead of Shaq originally but I already have him in another league and decided to move him down my list. He's a good pick if he plays like he finished last season. If he plays like he started Scott will find the use of his FULL vocabulary.

Skaut_Ech
09-30-2008, 10:49 AM
I had Shaq, Okur and Nene as my potential hi reward, hi risk guys. Shaq was leading the pack, until I read this in the wee hours of the morning;

http://deseretnews.com/article/0,5143,700262909,00.html

"They had various injuries to deal with over the summer, but Mehmet Okur and Paul Millsap each declared themselves to be "100 percent" healthy heading into Jazz training camp......Time off helped Okur fully recover from injuries he suffered last season, including a sprained shoulder, lower-back inflammation and a sore Achilles tendon that made for "tough" times."Now I'm 100 percent," the Jazz's starting center said. "Hopefully I'm going to stay healthy."

Oh, I hear ya, DK. I actually even thought about your, um, experience with him last year. :-o:devil: (I was hoping he'd drag you down a bit.)

I looked back over his injury history and saw that last year appears to be an abberation. Then I went over his past stats on Sports.ws. Enough to sell me. I feel like I got a steal.

Slick Pinkham
09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I think guys who skipped the Olympics will have a real advantage. Whoever it was that took Ilgauskas will probably benefit that he rested all summer, just to name someone else in the high injury risk category.

I like to think I have a drafting philosophy, but who knows, I'm usually not a fast starter. FPPM used to trump all for me as long as minutes were consistent, even if they were small. I guess it still is, but I spend more time looking at minutes and also building the backcourt earlier than I used to do.

Slick Pinkham
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Devin Harris is a good pick. That's the third one I struggled with (Mo, Mehmet, Devin).

Los Angeles
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I think guys who skipped the Olympics will have a real advantage. Whoever it was that took Ilgauskas will probably benefit that he rested all summer, just to name someone else in the high injury risk category.

I like to think I have a drafting philosophy, but who knows, I'm usually not a fast starter. FPPM used to trump all for me as long as minutes were consistent, even if they were small. I guess it still is, but I spend more time looking at minutes and also building the backcourt earlier than I used to do.
My general formula is FPPM x total games expected to play (this year).

That being said, I'm not exactly thrilled with anything beyond winning the lottery for my #1 pick. In nearly every instance the guy I REALLY wanted has been picked one or two positions above me.

DisplacedKnick
09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Here's what I hate - I had like 20 spots between my last pick and the upcoming one and only had a list of 6 - felt like beyond that it dropped off.

Was resigned to not getting any of them. Well, with 8 to pick before I get a turn, three of them are left. My hopes are just getting up enough to where I'll be PO'd if I don't get one of 'em. And I'm sure I won't.

Los Angeles
09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Fair warning everybody - My entire contingency list has been decimated and the only guy on there is someone I don't really want. I have to see how everyone ahead of me does and then make my pick on the fly. Unfortunately that means tomorrow morning (california time) I will be able to make my second pick fairly easily after that, and we should be moving only nicely after that. OH - if you don't know, my team is the Venice Vagrants. Thanks!

LoneGranger33
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry about that guys. I did this thing called sleep last night - you guys should check it out sometime.

DisplacedKnick
10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Here's what I hate - I had like 20 spots between my last pick and the upcoming one and only had a list of 6 - felt like beyond that it dropped off.

Was resigned to not getting any of them. Well, with 8 to pick before I get a turn, three of them are left. My hopes are just getting up enough to where I'll be PO'd if I don't get one of 'em. And I'm sure I won't.

And I got Rondo - the player I REALLY wanted. Either I'm misjudging players or I'm having a good draft so far, even with 1 less pick.

Skaut_Ech
10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
I kept waffling on Rondo. I thought he was shooting impaired coming out of college. I never really saw anything special in him once he became a por, then all of a sudden he starts...clicking. I couldn't decide if he would keep it up this year, or that was one of those career blips where you look solid for a spell, then settle back into mediocrity. I think about all those discussion about whether the Pacers should go for him on PD.

DisplacedKnick
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I kept waffling on Rondo. I thought he was shooting impaired coming out of college. I never really saw anything special in him once he became a por, then all of a sudden he starts...clicking. I couldn't decide if he would keep it up this year, or that was one of those career blips where you look solid for a spell, then settle back into mediocrity. I think about all those discussion about whether the Pacers should go for him on PD.

Oh he can't shoot - but with Pierce, Allen & Garnett around him plus just entering his 3rd year I thought his assist #'s will keep going up. He's an excellent defender so you have to figure he'll be on the floor.

Jose Slaughter
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Could someone tell me who I got at 100 & 101?

I don't have access to the site from work & its killing me not knowing.

No tricks either, I know who I had on my list.

That means you Scott

bellisimo
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM

That means you Scott

still at 99 right now. :)

Gyron
10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Jamal Tinsley and David Harrison. Good Picks Jose. :D

Skaut_Ech
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
You got exactly who you deserve.

No one. :devil:

There's a bit of a backlog. bnd45 hasn't been on since last night and apparently didn't do a contingency list. Everyone else above and below his picks have be on, so I'm anxiously waiting just like you, for MY pick. I REALLY want my number one guy, but I like everyone I have listed. At least with this pick I don't think I'll be disappointed.

But somehow, I bet you've zeroed in on who I want most.

(LMAO, Gyron. I'd delete my post, but I'm sure Jose already read it.)

JayRedd
10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
At least with this pick I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Unlike your wife.

Jose Slaughter
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Actually I wanted to change my list.

The guys I really want are a little further down in my order.

I hope BND holds off for about 5 more hours.

I've really screwed up this draft. Picking Manu was an error & Mags was taken way too early. Last year I really liked my team, this year.... not so much.

Shade
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Damn you Shade.

I just had a feeling that the one time I opt to pass over Wade, he'll stay healthy. So call it a hate-draft. :devil:

Shade
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM

then Magic Rat swoops in

Tell me about it. I was targetting David West at #36. :kickcan:

Rudy's not a bad consolation prize, though.

Shade
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
And with the 94th pick, I select...

...myself. :p

Foster
Beasley
Gay
Kevin Martin
Wade

Not a bad starting five, if I do say so myself. Looks like I'll be a pseudo-Heat fan this season.

Los Angeles
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm taking a series of risks by drafting bench guys in early rounds. Hopefully there will be some solid guys left for me in the later rounds. We'll see.

Los Angeles
10-01-2008, 02:48 PM

That means you Scott
Don't know if anyone told you yet, but you got:

100 Belfast G J.R. Smith DEN 10/01 11:17:08
101 Belfast G Earl Watson SEA 10/01 11:17:09

Skaut_Ech
10-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Unlike your wife.

Huh? But she's not playing in our fantasy league. How could she make a bad pick. I mean...er...waitaminute.

:mygod:

Shade
10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
I got my life savings on Scott in this fight. :D

Slick Pinkham
10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
The high risk/high reward picks are always fun to watch.

I was going to roll the dice on Manu coming back strong in January, but not as high as James did.

Same way with Monta Ellis, but he went too soon for my blood.

My next pick (112) was going to be Nene, but he got picked ahead of me too.

So much for rolling the dice. I guess I'll play it safe.

It is totally uncanny how every round Scott either takes the guy I want right before me or, if I pick first, he picks the guy I had at #2 on my list:

Calderon/Biedrins
Mo/Mehmet
Gooden/Villanueva

Then just now I had Al Harrington pretty high (though not #1).

I don't know if we are going to both suck, or both be good.

Pig Nash
10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Man, i didn't get to change in between my picks and i was guard heavy at the top for that pick and i ended up with two of them. poo.

DisplacedKnick
10-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Dang it - took a look at the advanced contingency option. I have two high risk players on my list and my next two are close - wanted to say, "Don't pick player Y if I already have player X" but that wasn't an option. Oh well.

Slick Pinkham
10-02-2008, 08:38 AM
The benefit of this long lull is that my contingency list is now pack to the max. Hopefully others have had a chance to do the same.

Maybe we can give avoiding the clowns 36 hours and then pick Maceo Baston for him and move on. ;) (just kidding)

avoidingtheclowns
10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
sorry kids, been hella busy with debate coverage prep.

Slick Pinkham
10-02-2008, 12:29 PM
I finally got in a high risk / high reward pick with a 6th round K-Mart special.

Here's hoping he comes up with some of Camby's rebounds and blocks, he keeps the body in one piece, and he becomes the 1 FPPM player that he used to be.

bellisimo
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I get the feeling I'm stocking up with Guards...so if anyone ends up stocking up with Forwards...we might have to do some swapping ;)

bulldog
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I officially just have no idea what I'm doing. I hate my team in this league. I really like my keeper team though. Oh well.

Gyron
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm taking some guesses at how good a couple of my guys are going to play.....I may be totally wrong, I usually am.....

JayRedd
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Tayshaun...Meh.

But at least I know he'll drop 30 a few times a year, which I guess is more than you can say for just about anyone else left on the board.

I shoulda just taken the guy I really, really want. He should still be there at 132 though, me thinks.

Additionally, you guys need more unique names. I have no idea who anyone but about five other teams are now that we're drafting on the sports.ws site. Indiana and Indianapolis back-to-back? Really?

EDIT: Just saw Nowhere's full name. Nice work.

Gyron
10-02-2008, 02:27 PM
You're probably right Jayredd. Monta Ellis will probably still be there. In fact, I'm sure, we can just go ahead and mark you down for Ellis with Pick #132

Shade
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Halfway through the draft in under a week.

Impressive.

LoneGranger33
10-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I think Ramon Sessions will probably end up being the most disappointing fantasy player this year, but that's ok, because I'll probably end up being the most disappointed fantasy owner this year.

Shade
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
It figures that the two players on my contingency list were the last two taken before my pick.

Jose Slaughter
10-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Scott got Turiaf right before me too.

I guess that means that my 4th & 5th round screw ups were just a short term brain freeze.

At least I knew I had the wrong guys at the top of my list, I just couldn't get it fixed in time.

Oh well, they were both over .9 FPPM last season.

DisplacedKnick
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm gone from now through Wednesday. Should have wi-fi at the hotel though. I have 2 players on my contingency list. Hopefully that'll get my next selection but if not it seems like it's OK to log on when you're due to pick 2-3 spots ahead and not make enough of a CL to cover your selection so things get held up 8-10 hours. I can meet that standard even in St. Louis.

Skaut_Ech
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm gone from now through Wednesday. Should have wi-fi at the hotel though. I have 2 players on my contingency list. Hopefully that'll get my next selection but if not it seems like it's OK to log on when you're due to pick 2-3 spots ahead and not make enough of a CL to cover your selection so things get held up 8-10 hours. I can meet that standard even in St. Louis.

LOL, I'm glad YOU said it. I've been filling my entire contingency list (25-30 deep, if needed) after each pick and hadn't quite figured out why so many other don't do the same and keep this things going.

Tell ya what, just for you, if you'll give me your password, I'll log in for you and give you a pick you so richly deserve. :D

Shade
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope Scola drops a million points on every person who voted "no" to his position change.

Haters. :tongue:

Slick Pinkham
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I've been filling my entire contingency list (25-30 deep, if needed) after each pick and hadn't quite figured out why so many other don't do the same and keep this things going.

Yeah, my top 9 fortunately cover all my minutes at every position and come close to covering an injury for any one player at any position if I set it right.

Ideally in my last 3 picks I would get backups from all positions to cover the "two guys out that paly the same position probem", but at this point I figure minor trades can balance it for me if necessary and I'll line up "best player available" 30 at a time.

In the past when I have left the best player available strategy rule, my drafts have been better. We'll see.

DisplacedKnick
10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
LOL, I'm glad YOU said it. I've been filling my entire contingency list (25-30 deep, if needed) after each pick and hadn't quite figured out why so many other don't do the same and keep this things going.

Tell ya what, just for you, if you'll give me your password, I'll log in for you and give you a pick you so richly deserve. :D

You're all heart Scott - believe I can handle it though.

Shade
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Sports.ws says Scola is a FC! I am vindicated! :devil:

Los Angeles
10-07-2008, 10:37 PM
and the award for most ridiculous delay in the draft goes to ...

WHEATON.

He picks one person and leaves the site without realizing that everyone else between his 2 picks had a list. Now we all have to wait another day for him to get back on and realize its been his turn since one second after his last pick.

A simple and understandable mistake...and one I will mention as often as possible throughout the season. ;)

Jose Slaughter
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I just sent him an e-mail & a PM.

However I think your right, he may not be back until tomorrow.

Speaking of Wednesday, I will be gone most of the day... going to the Fairgrounds in the morning & should be there most of the day.

LoneGranger33
10-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Well hell, I'm a busy guy! I had someone else make my first pick actually, which is why I wasn't there to realize what happened. I came down and it said picked on contigency about 44 times. At least I checked again.

Gyron
10-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, I got HEAD! (Luther Head of course)

I don't know if it was a wise pick, but at least I can say "I got HEAD!"

:D

Los Angeles
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Well hell, I'm a busy guy! I had someone else make my first pick actually, which is why I wasn't there to realize what happened. I came down and it said picked on contigency about 44 times. At least I checked again.

It's all good, LG. Just ribbing you a little! :)