PDA

View Full Version : Jason Williams retires

Hicks
09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Didn't see that coming.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/09/clippers-jason.html

Or: The Destructive Power of the Clippers Franchise is in overdrive right now!

QuickRelease
09-26-2008, 07:27 PM
That puts them in the market for a backup point guard. JT for Tim Thomas maybe?

Pacerized
09-26-2008, 07:37 PM

It works and Thomas isn't going to get a lot of p.t. this year backing up Camby and Kahman. He has 1 year less remaining though and I'm sure they could get better then Tinsley for him. I'd go for this in a heartbeat and in truth it does fill a need for both teams.

Pacemaker
09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
It works and Thomas isn't going to get a lot of p.t. this year backing up Camby and Kahman. He has 1 year less remaining though and I'm sure they could get better then Tinsley for him. I'd go for this in a heartbeat and in truth it does fill a need for both teams.

I like this idea. Could Thomas have one last run with us like the one he had in Phoenix a few years ago where he was very productive under a run and gun system ?

Natston
09-26-2008, 07:52 PM
:vaderno:

Pacerized
09-26-2008, 09:10 PM
We could throw in a second round pick on this if it helped, but I woudn't consider a 1st.

MagicRat
09-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Tim Thomas is fugazy.....

kester99
09-26-2008, 11:02 PM
...but is he pazzo?

Will Galen
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM

I thought of that too. Adding McBob to the trade works also. That way we wouldn't have to cut him.

BlueNGold
09-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Whether the Clips are interested in JT or not, it increases the league-wide PG demand....which should help us...because we now have 4 decent PG's....3 legit starting PG's.

Robertmto
09-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Whether the Clips are interested in JT or not, it increases the league-wide PG demand....which should help us...because we now have 4 decent PG's....3 legit starting PG's.

wait wait wait

Tinsley is a disaster

Ford lost his job in Toronto

Jack lost his job in Portland

BlueNGold
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
wait wait wait

Tinsley is a disaster

Kidd would lose his job to CP3 or Deron Williams too...or to Calderon for that matter at this point in his career...but that doesn't make him a bad PG.

As much as I can't stand him, Tinsley is undeniably a talented offensive player who could have a turnaround in the right environment. He has been a starter since his rookie year and was playing better than any PG in the league early last year...including all the starters. His only problem really is off the court and with injuries...both which might be behind him at this point. ...no, I don't sell cars....lol.

Ford is a legit starting PG and it's not even a debate. Yes, he lost his job due to injury concerns and the fact Toronto had a player perhaps slightly better than him. They had to pick and had two very good PG's. To be sure, if Miami had Ford, they would not be in the market for a starting PG. Lessee, I think his scoring average was about #6 in the East for a PG......nah, it's not debatable.

Jack may have something to prove at this point...but if Rafer Alston, Chris Duhon, Jameer Nelson, Bobby Jackson, Earl Watson, Randy Foye, etc. can start in this league, so can Jack, Ford and Tinsley. Actually, it is quite clear that Ford and Tinsley are both much more talented than most of those "starters".

ChicagoJ
09-27-2008, 01:30 AM
wait wait wait

Tinsley is a disaster

Oh now you've done it. I would ask why you aren't drinking the Kool-Aid, but then I remember that you drink that silly Wizards flavor of Kool-Aid.

:yuck:

JayRedd
09-27-2008, 11:04 AM
[Tinsley] has been a starter since his rookie year and was playing better than any PG in the league early last year...including all the starters.

I certainly hope you're kidding.

LoneGranger33
09-27-2008, 11:22 AM
It seems like just yesterday I was getting my own knuckles tattooed to read "WHIT" and "EBOY". One day, I'll crack the code and figure out what Jason Williams was trying to tell us. Was his dad the Zodiac Killer? Is it some sort of Nintendo game cheat code? Perhaps we'll never know.

BlueNGold
09-27-2008, 12:34 PM
I certainly hope you're kidding.

Not entirely kidding...

Tinsley had a stretch shortly before the Conrad incident...about 15 games...where he had double figure assists for 10 games and scored well including 6 games over 20 points. After that it was all downhill and probably because of Conrad. Everyone was raving about his play saying this was better than any other time in his career. I sincerely do think he could be a great PG...:devil:

Naptown_Seth
09-27-2008, 12:46 PM
I think "Eboy" was an Ebay site he was launching that was going to specialize in selling Game Boy titles, but then he got more involved with DS software and PSP and just never got back around to it.

Pretty sure that around the same time he was engaged to a girl named Whitney and just ran out of fingers on that hand. It happens. Maybe next time he'll be smarter about it and hook up with a Mary or Lori, or maybe an Amy which leaves room for a heart tatoo on the extra finger.

Tats are all about smart planning.

JayRedd
09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Not entirely kidding...

Tinsley had a stretch shortly before the Conrad incident...about 15 games...where he had double figure assists for 10 games and scored well including 6 games over 20 points. After that it was all downhill and probably because of Conrad. Everyone was raving about his play saying this was better than any other time in his career. I sincerely do think he could be a great PG...:devil:

I certainly recall him playing well before going down. Just saying that Chris Paul did that for seven months. Steve Nash has done it for four years.

Robertmto
09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh now you've done it. I would ask why you aren't drinking the Kool-Aid, but then I remember that you drink that silly Wizards flavor of Kool-Aid.

:yuck:

theres plenty left, come have a sip

cramerica
09-27-2008, 01:41 PM
You know you're getting old when players who joined the league shortly after you graduated high school "retire".

BlueNGold
09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I certainly recall him playing well before going down. Just saying that Chris Paul did that for seven months. Steve Nash has done it for four years.

Yes, Tinsley is a scrub compared to those players. I really didn't intend to imply that he is an all-star level PG.

The point I was attempting to make was that Tinsley has been a legit starting PG for a long time in the NBA. He's not too old to regain form and reinvigorate his career in another locale. He's never had a terribly serious injury, so he's not damaged goods in that sense. He might even grow up and turn his career around.

Anyway, there's a good chance if someone picks him up he will take over a starting PG spot. He is about as talented as the average starting PG in the NBA...

Evan_The_Dude
09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
You know you're getting old when players who joined the league shortly after you graduated high school "retire".

You got that right. It seems like I was just watching Ray Allen and Kerry Kittles in college last year.

JayRedd
09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Big State was loaded that year.

Oneal07
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
:vaderno:

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO