PDA

View Full Version : David Aldredge chimes in:

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Evan (Ridgewood, NJ): OK. Where is the ONE most likely place Mcgrady going to end up, and who is he going to be traded for?

David Aldridge: I can't say, Evan. But I think Indiana has the best collection of talent. A deal involving Harrington, Bender, Pollard and the Pacers' first-rounder for McGrady and Tyronn Lue would be enticing for the Magic.
___________________________-

Well now here's one I like.

Not too expensive and gets Pollard off the books, but I gotta think the MAgic could do better.

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 05:46 PM
What in the world would we do with Lue?

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Pay him to help J with his cornrows?

Hicks
06-17-2004, 05:49 PM

Package him with Ron for another trade. :D

capaman
06-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Pay him to help J with his cornrows?

:laugh: nice!

Bball
06-17-2004, 05:51 PM
We can get rid of Pollard? Hmmmmm

-Bball

Hicks
06-17-2004, 05:54 PM
That'd be classic:

"You see, Peck, Donnie knew that the only way to get McGrady would be to package a lesser big guy like Pollard to go with Al and JB, or else the Magic wouldn't want it because they want a big. Since Miller is too good to be trade filler, we HAD to sign-and-trade him. For T-Mac." :D

Snickers
06-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Deal!

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
That'd be classic:

"You see, Peck, Donnie knew that the only way to get McGrady would be to package a lesser big guy like Pollard to go with Al and JB, or else the Magic wouldn't want it because they want a big. Since Miller is too good to be trade filler, we HAD to sign-and-trade him. For T-Mac." :D

Hicks I think you're on to Donnies secret :devil: evil plan . He's been working on this for over a year and you've found him out!!

Wow, what a geneous Donnie Walch is! That'll teach us to EVER doubt him again!

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 06:08 PM
So obviously aldridge wasn't the "one source" that said Tins, Ron, Al and JB are going to Orlando.

I have to believe that if a trade does happen, it will be somewhere in the middle of these two.

Bball
06-17-2004, 06:13 PM
That'd be classic:

I'm sure the deal was planned for the trade deadline and then Artest messed it up by having surgery (let alone getting injured in the first place). ;)

So Brad Miller, Jalen Rose and Travis Best will land the Pacers a superstar?

Hmmmm

-Bball

Hoop
06-17-2004, 06:13 PM
That'd be classic:

BRILLIANT :D

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 06:50 PM

There's a nice place called INJURED RESERVE :D

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 06:54 PM

:laugh:
I'm just afraid he'd "Pollardized" the entire offseason.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 06:58 PM

:laugh:
I'm just afraid he'd "Pollardized" the entire offseason.

:laugh: People will soon forget about him, don't worry.

Young
06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
So obviously aldridge wasn't the "one source" that said Tins, Ron, Al and JB are going to Orlando.

I have to believe that if a trade does happen, it will be somewhere in the middle of these two.

I believe that the deal reported with Artest, Bender, Harrington, and Tinsley was reported by a Orlando reporter.

Go figure. :unimpressed:

sixthman
06-17-2004, 09:16 PM
I remember Carlisle calling Tyron Lue a quality point guard this past season.

If AJ winds up in Carolina, we could do a lot worse than Tyron Lue as a backup at point.

Oops, by the way, I also like this trade.

David Aldridge: I can't say, Evan. But I think Indiana has the best collection of talent. A deal involving Harrington, Bender, Pollard and the Pacers' first-rounder for McGrady and Tyronn Lue would be enticing for the Magic.

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 09:26 PM
There is nothing wrong with Lue as a backup point guard.

Good defender against the quicker and smaller point guards.

Slick Pinkham
06-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I think Indiana has the best collection of talent. A deal involving Harrington, Bender, Pollard and the Pacers' first-rounder for McGrady and Tyronn Lue would be enticing for the Magic.

If Donnie and Larry trade for TMac without having to give up a single regular starter from last year,

I will

1) re-name my son "Donnie"
2) re-name my daughter "Larry"
3) erect lifesized statues of Donnie and Larry in my living room
4) pay homage to their likenesses at sunrise and sunset with little Donnie and little Larry
5) paint my house blue and gold
6) have a grin that cannot be erased for the entire offseason, even if the wife leaves me over the statues in the living room, the re-naming the kids, and the paint job on the house.

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I think Indiana has the best collection of talent. A deal involving Harrington, Bender, Pollard and the Pacers' first-rounder for McGrady and Tyronn Lue would be enticing for the Magic.

If Donnie and Larry trade for TMac without having to give up a single regular starter from last year,

I will

1) re-name my son "Donnie"
2) re-name my daughter "Larry"
3) erect lifesized statues of Donnie and Larry in my living room
4) pay homage to their likenesses at sunrise and sunset with little Donnie and little Larry
5) paint my house blue and gold
6) have a grin that cannot be erased for the entire offseason, even if the wife leaves me over the statues in the living room, the re-naming the kids, and the paint job on the house.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao:

Classic!

If it happens, I am going to come to your house and hold you to it! :D

ABADays
06-17-2004, 10:37 PM
You heard that on the Pistons thread when they got Sheed for nothing didn't you?

Slick Pinkham
06-17-2004, 10:42 PM
You heard that on the Pistons thread when they got Sheed for nothing didn't you? :confused:

No.

Maybe K-Stat has a Dumars statue, a red-white-and-blue house, and a daughter named Joe.

:D

Anthem
06-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Pippen, Bender, Pollard, the #3, and the #29 for TMac and Gooden works perfectly :devil:

Seriously, we'd probably have to include F.Jones and T.Lue for that deal to fly with the Magic. I'm not sure if I'd rather lost Artest or Bender+Freddie.

JOneal7
06-18-2004, 12:18 AM
NOOOOO Gooden is the last thing you want! HE IS NOT A SF...and he sure as hell won't start...so he'll be a little baby on the bench because he's only good when he starts...just ask him...
If mac gets traded to indy, wtf will i do with all my magic authentic mac jerseys? WEAR EM AS THROWBACKS? LOL
id say get him to sign them then frame them but he sdoesn't sign!

Anthem
06-18-2004, 01:48 AM
NOOOOO Gooden is the last thing you want! HE IS NOT A SF...and he sure as hell won't start...so he'll be a little baby on the bench because he's only good when he starts...just ask him...

If he doesn't fit, then he can be moved. If the Magic took that deal, it would be a coup for Indiana. We can always move him later, but the point is to get as much value back as possible.

It's either Gooden or Howard. You pick. ;)

wintermute
06-19-2004, 02:13 AM
i don't see anything wrong with lue either. he's better than aj, imo.

i don't see the fascination with gooden and/or howard. howard is a solid pro and maybe gooden will be too, but that's about it.

i would be ecstatic if david aldridge's proposed deal goes down