PDA

View Full Version : 18 years ago today...

Peck
06-17-2004, 05:23 PM
the Indiana Pacers drafted Chuck Person.

Also, & IMO, more significantly my son was born 18 years ago today.

Happy birthday to the best thing that ever happened to me (along with his mother)

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
the Indiana Pacers drafted Chuck Person.

Also, & IMO, more significantly my son was born 18 years ago today.

Happy birthday to the best thing that ever happened to me (along with his mother)

Wish him a happy birthday for me.

Peck, were you a Chuck Person fan? Just curious

Bball
06-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Happy Birthday to Peck Jr!!!

Here are dancing bananas for you both!

:dance: :dance:

-Bball

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 05:48 PM
I think its neat that you'll always have a way to remember one of the best days of Chuck's life.

Signed,
Chuck Person's biggest fan.

:D

Hoop
06-17-2004, 06:11 PM
I think its neat that you'll always have a way to remember one of the best days of Chuck's life.

Signed,
Chuck Person's biggest fan.

I was a big Chuck fan too, I really was bummed when he was traded. I've had season tickets ever since Chuck's rookie year. I still remember our first round matchup with Atlanta that season. Chuck played as well as any Rookie could have played against Dominique. That was the start of the Mad House on Market Street, I miss that place.

I'm not sure if draft day was one of his best days though, I was at the draft party and the boo's were pretty loud. He quickly turned them into cheers with his play though.

Jose Slaughter
06-17-2004, 06:19 PM
:D[/quote]

I'm not sure if draft day was one of his best days though, I was at the draft party and the boo's were pretty loud. He quickly turned them into cheers with his play though.[/quote]

I was thinkin' the same thing.

Too bad we didn't get Bedford or Washburn huh. ;)

Was it Persons first home game against the Bucks that he nailed a 40 footer to win the game?

Happy Birthday Peck Jr.

Will Galen
06-17-2004, 06:22 PM
. . . the best thing that ever happened to me (along with his mother)

I'm an old fashioned romantic. Really great to hear that!

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Chuck, as you might recall, was in NYC on his honeymoon during the draft. I believe he still was wearing a white tux.

I'm pretty sure the boo's never bothered him. Remember, DW was trying to throw everyone offguard so it was considered a 'surprise' pick.

Hoop
06-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Chuck, as you might recall, was in NYC on his honeymoon during the draft. I believe he still was wearing a white tux.

I'm pretty sure the boo's never bothered him. Remember, DW was trying to throw everyone offguard so it was considered a 'surprise' pick.

Yep, I thought for sure we were going to take Kenny Walker and I loved Walker, being a Kentucky fan. I didn't boo, but I was shocked. I had seen Chuck play in the NCAA tournament so I knew he could be good. DW really pulled a fast one on NY that year.

Forgot, Happy Birthday Peck Jr.

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Was it Persons first home game against the Bucks that he nailed a 40 footer to win the game?

Home game #4, but close enough.

Chuck hit more gamewinning shots as a rookie than most players attempt in thier careers.

I also think I forgot to say happy birthday to Peck, Jr. earlier.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Happy 18th!

It wasn't long ago that I was 18...I have very fond memeries...mainly getting out the hell called high school :laugh:

kerosene
06-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Happy bday Son of Peck.

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I was at the draft part that year. I was there when they drafted Tisdale and I was also there when they drafted Dale Davis.

DW was so fired up when they drafted Dale Davis.

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 10:46 PM
My first (and only) draft party was George McCloud.

I'm never going back.

BigMac
06-17-2004, 10:55 PM

I'm never going back.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem since they don't have them anymore (I know that you knew that I just thought it was worth mentioning) I went once and they drafted Scott Haskins and the boos were pretty bad. Actually, if he was healthy, I think he would have been a servicable player. He had some pretty strong games-one against Detroit I remember he played remarkably well. I doubt they'll have another one for a long time. We've been so good we draft so late that it's not worth going down there for a "party".

Happy BDay Peck, Jr.

Peck, do you let your boy post on this site (or better yet, is he a fan of the Pacers) and if so, what's his screenname?

Unclebuck
06-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Jay, Peck and anyone else, in the 80's the draft party was the best Pacer even all year long, it was bigger than the games.

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Jay, Peck and anyone else, in the 80's the draft party was the best Pacer even all year long, it was bigger than the games.

That's why I was so excited to finally go to one in 1989. What's my reward? McCloud. :puke:

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Poor Peck Jr. His birthday is the day before mine. :devil:

Peck
06-18-2004, 01:32 AM

I'm never going back.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem since they don't have them anymore (I know that you knew that I just thought it was worth mentioning) I went once and they drafted Scott Haskins and the boos were pretty bad. Actually, if he was healthy, I think he would have been a servicable player. He had some pretty strong games-one against Detroit I remember he played remarkably well. I doubt they'll have another one for a long time. We've been so good we draft so late that it's not worth going down there for a "party".

Happy BDay Peck, Jr.

Peck, do you let your boy post on this site (or better yet, is he a fan of the Pacers) and if so, what's his screenname?

Yea, he posts on here.

Hell yes he's a Pacers fan, he is my son afterall. :devil:

As to who he is? Well I know a couple of people on here know who he is. I'll give you a clue, look for the poster who likes Ron Artest less than even Jay does.

Hicks
06-18-2004, 03:35 AM
Dear God, Peck spawned writerman?!?! :o

:zip:

Seriously though, I'm stumped.

Will Galen
06-18-2004, 06:41 AM

:laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D
That's two funny Writerman jokes in two days. We do get to know people on here!

indygeezer
06-18-2004, 06:56 AM
That shall be listed as "CLASSIC" and may get a nomination in next years voting.

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 09:12 AM

I'm never going back.

Happy BDay Peck, Jr.

Yea, he posts on here.

As to who he is? Well I know a couple of people on here know who he is. I'll give you a clue, look for the poster who likes Ron Artest less than even Jay does.

Give us a hint!

Unclebuck
06-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Yea, he posts on here.

I am very curious now. Who could it be

Slick Pinkham
06-18-2004, 09:33 AM
writerman always seemed so much older...

P.S. congrats lil' Peck!

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Yea, he posts on here.

I am very curious now. Who could it be

I don't know what to say. UB, you seem surprised you that somebody else likes Ron less than me? :devil:

Although, admittedly, I have no idea who it could be either.

I don't remember writerman very well, he left shortly after I arrived, I think. I gather that he wasnt' always well-liked? Wasn't he the one that went into a Spurs or Hornets forum, talked some :censor: and then got mad when we didn't cover for him?

Gyron
06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Is it Jay@section222???

Hicks
06-18-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't remember writerman very well, he left shortly after I arrived, I think. I gather that he wasnt' always well-liked? Wasn't he the one that went into a Spurs or Hornets forum, talked some :censor: and then got mad when we didn't cover for him?

Yep, that's him. He posted with us for years on IS, and for some reason he feels it's STILL better to post there than here, just because we didn't support him trashtalking on another board. Silly. He's even been banned by the admin there, yet he still sticks with them. Baffles me.

Gyron
06-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I was way off, but in my defense, Jay posted while I was writing my response.

The only thing I could picture was peck being the "jay'sdad@section222", it seemed very funny for some reason to see the two of them sitting together at a game.

Don't know why....

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM

I was going to say something like that, but figured it would be a little too obvious. :laugh:

Btw, writerman recently announced on the IS forum that he no longer hates Artest, and is very much against trading him to bring in T-Mac. :eek:

Hicks
06-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah, writerman now will hate T-Mac if we get him.

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
I was way off, but in my defense, Jay posted while I was writing my response.

The only thing I could picture was peck being the "jay'sdad@section222", it seemed very funny for some reason to see the two of them sitting together at a game.

Don't know why....

:chuckle:

BigMac
06-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Forgive me if I missed it but who is Peck's boy?

Still curious. And I have no idea why. :)

ChicagoJ
06-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Forgive me if I missed it but who is Peck's boy?

Still curious. And I have no idea why. :)

If that information was shared, I missed it too.

Perhaps someone could set up a poll and we could vote on who we thought it was.

We only know three things, it's Peck's son; he allegedly hates Artest more than I do; and even I can do the math and figure out that he's a teenager.

Any nominations?

I'm 100.0% stumped.

BigMac
06-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, let us try it this way.

Peck: Which poster on here woke up this morning and said "Happy Father's Day, Dad" to you?

Merz
06-20-2004, 11:13 PM
June 22nd (tuesday) will be 17 years from the day Reggie was drafted by the team. It's also 17 years from the day one of my younger brothers were born.

A-Train
06-21-2004, 12:00 AM

Home game #4, but close enough.

Chuck hit more gamewinning shots as a rookie than most players attempt in thier careers.

I also think I forgot to say happy birthday to Peck, Jr. earlier.

Wow, what a flashback! I was at that game. One of the few games that I attended back in those days.

Happy birthday to your son, Peck. My son was born May 8th of this year (my first child), which explains my lack of involvement here the last several months.

I've visited the Indy Star forum recently, but this place seems to have taken off. Me thinks I'll spend whatever time I have here instead of the old place.

Good to see you're all still at it.