PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Most Humorous Poster - MagicRat!

Hicks
06-17-2004, 04:38 PM
From now until 3PM Friday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Most Humorous Poster.

The Nominees Are:
indygeezer
indytoad
MagicRat
naturallystoned
Shade

Unclebuck
06-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Voted for MagicRat because of his photo posts, which might be the single best thing about this whole forum, the pictures are good, but the comments underneath the pictures are even better.

Here is who I nominated: Bulletproof, Naturallystoned, obnoxiousmodesty, MSA2CF

Is Indytoad funny? Must have missed that.

Kegboy
06-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Voted for MagicRat because of his photo posts, which might be the single best thing about this whole forum, the pictures are good, but the comments underneath the pictures are even better.

The other three are good candidates

Yes Indytoad's funny, though not so much lately.

MR's the way to go, however.

TheSauceMaster
06-17-2004, 04:52 PM
MagicRat , I won't tell anyone you bribed me to vote for you with your Carlisle Like Campaign. :zip:

ChicagoJ
06-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I only nominated Rat and Booger.

Perhaps Booger is only funny to CPA-geeks like me, I was surprised he wasn't on the ballot.

(Although I think I've missed another memo on a name change.)

If someone had time to put a tribute of Rat's best captions and photoshops online, I'm pretty sure he'd win in a landslide. Heck, he may win in a landslide without the tribute.

Will Galen
06-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Art Linkletter once had a TV show titled, "Kids Say the Darndest Things."

So I voted for Indygeezer.

birdman
06-17-2004, 06:01 PM
I voted for naturallystoned, every post of his is funny. Snickers deserves a honorable mention too.

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 06:09 PM
I voted for naturallystoned, every post of his is funny. Snickers deserves a honorable mention too.

I too voted for n'stoned

Funny guy, I tell ya....

Snickers
06-17-2004, 06:23 PM
My first thought was naturallystoned, but then I had flashbacks to the numerous incidences of verbal and sub-sexual abuse I've had inflicted upon me by him....

This:http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4879/141203-fcksnickers.jpg
.... comes to mind.

I'm going to have to consult my therapist before I vote. :(

ABADays
06-17-2004, 06:46 PM
I had to vote for Indygeezer because its harder to be intentionally funny when you are his age.

indytoad
06-17-2004, 06:48 PM
I had to vote for Rat too. His picture comments are always I-think-I'm-gonna-choke-on-my-own-spit hilarious.

You know, I understand where you're coming from UB, I didn't realize I was funny either. It is truly an honor to even be nominated amongst the greats of PD comedy. ... Of course this means that now I have yet another reputation to live up to. Thanks a lot guys.

IndyToad
Cheese, fruit, and assorted meats

Natston
06-17-2004, 08:22 PM
I voted for geez. But now that I relize that I'm getting my *** kicked, I wish I had voted for myself... :cry:

ROCislandWarrior
06-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I voted for geez. But now that I relize that I'm getting my *** kicked, I wish I had voted for myself... :cry:

That is Not Funny :mad:

:flirt:

Kstat
06-17-2004, 10:10 PM
THis was MAgicRat's "breakout season." Nobody deserves this more than he.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 10:18 PM
THis was MAgicRat's "breakout season." Nobody deserves this more than he.

His mother does.

Suaveness
06-17-2004, 10:20 PM
I had to vote for Rat too. His picture comments are always I-think-I'm-gonna-choke-on-my-own-spit hilarious.

You know, I understand where you're coming from UB, I didn't realize I was funny either. It is truly an honor to even be nominated amongst the greats of PD comedy. ... Of course this means that now I have yet another reputation to live up to. Thanks a lot guys.

IndyToad
Cheese, fruit, and assorted meats

Yo toad...is that Sakura?

And you should just close this Hicks and start the next one... we know MR is da MAN. :D

indytoad
06-17-2004, 10:53 PM

Yes, it's the Inner Sakura, representing my tendency to let my normally reserved emotions come lose on this board.

Ah ha ha. No really. It took me like two weeks to come up with that. Did anyone bite on that one? Anyone?

Hmm, I seem to be getting a few sympathy votes. Awesome.

IndyToad
It's the funniest season yet

indygeezer
06-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I can't figure out why I was even nominated, honestly. Unless constantly calling WIll a prick is funny. That's why I haven't been to a forum party (well that and Mrs Geezer won';t give me any money to go)...I'm boring. I'd sit around listening to ya'll talk, soaking it up, and remembering it. For "use" at some future date.
Nah, I was always told that if your name ain't Groucho MArx (ok John Candy for you youngsters) you shouldn't try to be funny...cause you ain't.

MSA2CF
06-18-2004, 12:12 AM

Muchas gracias senor. :worship:

edit: BTW, I voted for the old guy. :P

sweabs
06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Indytoad always makes me laugh - and I don't think he means to.

Snickers
06-18-2004, 12:46 AM
My vote is still up in the air. Any candidates willing to offer favours [not bribes of course, as that would be sleazy and unsportsmanlike :angel:], I'm willing to listen.

Except Shade, unless he brings the bananas. :flirt: :devil:

And I won't get as much out of you as I can, then go and vote for somebody else the second you get another vote, so it looks like I voted for you but really didn't.

Kstat
06-18-2004, 12:48 AM
At this point, Nothing can stop MagicRat........

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:24 AM
My vote is still up in the air. Any candidates willing to offer favours [not bribes of course, as that would be sleazy and unsportsmanlike :angel:], I'm willing to listen.

Except Shade, unless he brings the bananas. :flirt: :devil:

And I won't get as much out of you as I can, then go and vote for somebody else the second you get another vote, so it looks like I voted for you but really didn't.

:fatbanana:

I'm gonna need a whoooooooooole lot more to win this baby... :cry:

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:26 AM

*gun cocked*

We'll see about that... :devil:

Kstat
06-18-2004, 01:27 AM

*gun cocked*

does this mean you're going to shoot the other three guys also ahead of you? :P

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:36 AM

*gun cocked*

does this mean you're going to shoot the other three guys also ahead of you? :P

I've only got one bullet, so if I can line them up juuuuust right... ;) :devil:

I can't believe I'm trailing IndyToad. * :cry:

* - No offense to IndyToad. ;)

bulletproof
06-18-2004, 01:39 AM
I can't believe I'm trailing IndyToad. :cry:

Um, 'cause you're not funny.

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:42 AM
I can't believe I'm trailing IndyToad. :cry:

Um, 'cause you're not funny.

You're just lucky you're bulletproof... :mad:

bulletproof
06-18-2004, 01:51 AM

The guy obviously understands humor. At least sophisticated humor.

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:54 AM

Sounds to me like someone is bitter because he got nominated for the wrong award... ;) :devil:

bulletproof
06-18-2004, 01:57 AM

Sounds to me like someone is bitter because he got nominated for the wrong award... ;) :devil:

I was gracious enough to give that award to Kstat. It's his now.

Kstat
06-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Sorry, the people have spoken. :laugh:

bulletproof
06-18-2004, 02:05 AM

You mean the children have spoken. Besides, I gave the award to you in a heartwarming speech.

Kstat
06-18-2004, 02:08 AM

You mean the children have spoken. Besides, I gave the award to you in a heartwarming speech.

signed, sealed, and rejected. :D

Dont make me start a petition to get you the user title.......

indygeezer
06-18-2004, 07:09 AM

*gun cocked*

<stepping up to the microphone> As much as I am honored to be placed in nomination for this prestigous award, I feel it only appropriate that I withdraw my name from consideration. Please pass my votes to the next guy. :zip:

OK Kstat????? <typical Detroit fan...armed to the gills>
:devil: :mad:

Will Galen
06-18-2004, 07:35 AM
<stepping up to the microphone> As much as I am honored to be placed in nomination for this prestigous award, I feel it only appropriate that I withdraw my name from consideration. Please pass my votes to the next guy. :zip:

<stepping up to the microphone> You can't do that, just as bulletproof can't give his award away. :devil:

See, you shouldn't call me names. :devil:

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 09:35 AM

<stepping up to the microphone> You can't do that, just as bulletproof can't give his award away. :devil:

But Bulletproof is bulletproof....Magic rat isn't :devil:

MagicRat
06-18-2004, 09:56 AM

But I am toting a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...I guess Shade would have to ask himself one question: Does he feel lucky?

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 10:04 AM

But I am toting a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...I guess Shade would have to ask himself one question: Does he feel lucky?

:laugh:

Slick Pinkham
06-18-2004, 10:22 AM
:rotflmao:
... :rotflmao:
...... :rotflmao:

@ MagicRat

congrats, BTW.

Kstat
06-18-2004, 10:32 AM

and people wonder why he has such a commanding lead....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm going to start crying from laughter. That is hilarious.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shade
06-18-2004, 01:26 PM

Do I feel lucky? Do I feel lucky? :devil:

No. :(

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 01:59 PM
:laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

Hicks
06-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I may have to leave in the near future, so be aware that I'm likely going to close this a little early (maybe not). So if you're gonna vote and haven't, do it now.

Shade
06-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I may have to leave in the near future, so be aware that I'm likely going to close this a little early (maybe not). So if you're gonna vote and haven't, do it now.

Eh, just call it. Nobody's going to catch the Rat. :neutral:

Shade
06-18-2004, 02:13 PM
You guys do know what Stern is in charge of all these polls? The Admins know the results before they're even posted.

Well, seeing as how I'm 0-4 now, I guess that would make me the PD equivalent of...the Pacers. :( :unimpressed: :cry:

Shade
06-18-2004, 02:17 PM
You guys do know what Stern is in charge of all these polls? The Admins know the results before they're even posted.

Well, seeing as how I'm 0-4 now, I guess that would make me the PD equivalent of...the Pacers. :( :unimpressed: :cry:

Sorry, but if you won, readership would decrease significantly. No one really cares enough about your posts to generate any sort of controversy. We decided not to even make you a serious candidate, but to just placate you by putting you in the running.

I knew it! :mad:

****** gun*

MagicRat, you're now off the hook... :devil:

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Nobody takes me seriously when I ask for a 'suicide' smiley.

Perhaps that's a good thing.

Gyron
06-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey I voted for you Shade!

Oh wait, that was another thread. I voted for the Magic rat on this one.....

Sorry...

I say this as I quietly slide Bulletproof in front of me. :D

Hicks
06-18-2004, 02:44 PM

If you want one, search around and show me what you find. If I see one I like, I'll gladly add it.

Shade
06-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey I voted for you Shade!

Oh wait, that was another thread. I voted for the Magic rat on this one.....

Sorry...

I say this as I quietly slide Bulletproof in front of me. :D

Eh. I voted for MagicRat too. :shrug: :blush:

Shade
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM

If you want one, search around and show me what you find. If I see one I like, I'll gladly add it.

There was one I posted a looooong time ago that was the disturbed smilie, but it exploded. Closest I've ever seen to a suicide smilie. :shrug:

ChicagoJ
06-18-2004, 03:07 PM

My problem is that this is the only board I look at with any regularity. I wouldn't know where to search.

Hicks
06-18-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm calling it.

Final Votes:

indygeezer
24% [ 13 ]
indytoad
7% [ 4 ]
MagicRat
50% [ 27 ]
naturallystoned
12% [ 7 ]
Shade
5% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 54

Congratulations, MagicRat!

Natston
06-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Note to self:

Find a really good photo editing program so I can come in second next year. :devil:

Natston
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Note to self:

Find a really good photo editing program so I can come in second next year. :devil:

Note to self: Use really good photo-editing program on picture of naturallystoned you have to make him wear dress. Use as avatar.

Maybe I'm already wearing a dress, and you won't need that program... :blush:

Shade
06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
:puke: :shakehead: :cry:

Natston
06-18-2004, 03:40 PM

:unimpressed:

Shade
06-18-2004, 03:41 PM

:unimpressed:

:unimpressed: :unimpressed: :fatbanana: :unimpressed:

indygeezer
06-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Hly mackeral stoned I jsut realized where you're from. I work with a girl form Commiskey

Natston
06-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Hly mackeral stoned I jsut realized where you're from. I work with a girl form Commiskey

Apparently, you also drink heavily with her.

:laugh:

Natston
06-18-2004, 03:51 PM

Is it the same person you asked me about before?

indygeezer
06-18-2004, 04:25 PM
probably.

What was your "name" when we discussed this before. I remember talking to you about it but that was some time ago.

indygeezer
06-18-2004, 04:28 PM
A rat...I lost to a freaking RAT....

ah well, at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that a .44 magnum is not the worlds most powerful handgun. There is one bigger and it is made in Greenfield, Indiana.

Spicoli
06-18-2004, 04:31 PM

ah well, at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that a .44 magnum is not the worlds most powerful handgun. There is one bigger and it is made in Greenfield, Indiana.

If it makes you feel better, Geez, I voted for you.

And I'm sure it does.

:arrgh:

Gyron
06-18-2004, 04:34 PM
indygeezer wrote:

That's not the Pumpkin Cannon you are speaking of is it? The one that can launch a pumpkin over a mile?

Natston
06-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Family name Dickerson. Married a Steinmetz.

Thats who you mentioned before.

TheSauceMaster
06-18-2004, 07:46 PM
MagicRat Conrats on this award :)

Btw , where is the New Poll for the Next award ? or is someone slacking ?

Kstat
06-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Hicks hasnt been around all day.....I think bulletproof finally did away with him :devil:

TheSauceMaster
06-18-2004, 07:49 PM
No I seen him online earlier , not on here but he was online for several hours on Medcora :)

Suaveness
06-18-2004, 08:03 PM

Yes, it's the Inner Sakura, representing my tendency to let my normally reserved emotions come lose on this board.

too bad inner sakura doesn't come out anymore...

Hicks
06-18-2004, 10:20 PM
My plan was to not do this on the weekends, because not as many people are here...

indygeezer
06-19-2004, 09:19 AM
indygeezer wrote:

That's not the Pumpkin Cannon you are speaking of is it? The one that can launch a pumpkin over a mile?

Nope honest to gosh-awful handgun. .45-70 caliber THompson Center Arms made a single shot version for Hi accuracy. But a small company in Greenfield made a 6-shot revolver. I owned the single shot version. Can't imagine ever pulling the trigger more than once ever half hour, why youd want the revolver I dunno. (there...take THAT..Rat)

ChicagoJ
04-27-2005, 05:43 PM
:bump:

Why not??

Suaveness
04-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Booo!!! I want a recount!

Kstat
04-27-2005, 05:44 PM
MagicRat isn't going to repeat this year. BTown has COMPLETELY blown by him.....

SoupIsGood
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I think Grace is funny when she posts.

Kstat
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM

She's only funny once a month........:zip:

Spicoli
04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
If the time period covers just the last 2 days, UncleBuck wins in a landslide...

ChicagoJ
04-27-2005, 05:59 PM
If the time period covers just the last 2 days, UncleBuck wins in a landslide...

:laugh: The poor guy and his typos.

(You'd think that he would edit those posts.)

The idea of a shot **** still makes me keel over in sympathy pain.

grace
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM

I think I'm particularly hilarious when Magic Rat posts my picture.

grace
04-27-2005, 06:10 PM
This message is hidden because Kstat is on your ignore list.

:tongue:

Ragnar
04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
How they heck did I miss this thread untill now? Oh well I would have voted for Magic anyway. I love the picture comentary too much not to vote for him.

Ragnar
04-27-2005, 06:30 PM
For someone who's been pointing out when year old threads get bumped, you need to pay a little more attention... :tongue:

:blush: you beat me too it. I was going to come in here and edit my old post.:blush:

You would think after all the other threads that were bumped I would have figured that out a little sooner.

Natston
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Dangit I still haven't gotten that program yet. Looks like I'll have to dig up that "Award' bridesmaid dress, so I can wear when I read the results for this year.

MagicRat
04-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I think I'm particularly hilarious when Magic Rat posts my picture.

Your response to this should get you a few more "Most Hilarious Poster" votes.......:-p
http://prometheus.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/grace.jpg

Unclebuck
04-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm voting for Btown. Shocked he wasn't even nominated last year. Although he seemed bitter last year, in fact he was gone for awhile saying he was wasting too much time on here. And we all know that ain't going to get you any votes

Maybe I'd have a chance if there was a category of funniest without meaning to be.

ABADays
04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm voting for Btown. Shocked he wasn't even nominated last year. Although he seemed bitter last year, in fact he was gone for awhile saying he was wasting too much time on here. And we all know that ain't going to get you any votes

Maybe I'd have a chance if there was a category of funniest without meaning to be.

LAST YEAR!?! All of his 7 posts just reek with bittnerness and cynicism this year!