PDA

View Full Version : Kravitz and Eddie at the Pacers Foundation Golf Outing....

MagicRat
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Heard a nice interview with Dunleavy on my way home. Not sure who else they had on, but people may want to check their website later.........

CableKC
09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Check whose website later?

MagicRat
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Check whose website later?

Kravitz and Eddie's......

http://www.1070thefan.com/kravitzandeddie/podcast.aspx

Looks like they have interviews with Dunleavy, JOB, Marquis, and Mel Daniels and Bob Netolicky......

Putnam
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Not direct quotes, but true to his meaning:

Jim O'Brien:

"Lou Holtz said the way to keep your team motivated is to get rid of the guys who aren't motivated. And that's what Larry has done. Jermaine O'Neal? Great guy...did a lot in the community. But he didn't want to be a Pacer. And now he's not one."

"Roy Hibbert is not a good passer. He is a great passer. We were doing some three on three and Foster was guarding Hibbert at the elbow. Hibbert made a great pass to Rush and I told Foster to get in the way of those. Foster said, 'Coach, he's throwing it from 8 feet up in the air!'"

"Last year, we got to the point where none of our leaders were taking responsibility for defense."

And finally...

"I don't think Bob Kravitz is going to walk to Kokomo. The discussion was, if Jamaal is in training camp, Bob would walk to Kokomo. Jamaal isn't going to be in training camp. He WILL probably be on the roster, but not in camp."

grace
09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
They had on a couple ABA Pacers. I think it was Mel Daniels and Bob Netolicky. The little bit I heard was really good. It would have to be becasue ususally when I hear :kravitz: and :wereallyneedanEddiesmilie: I can't change the station quick enough.

Bball
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Reading things like this that confirm Tinsley won't be on the court and remind us JO is no longer a Pacer really makes my day. All that was missing was mention of Walsh being gone too.

I'm more excited to get this season underway than I have been in quite some time. There's now hope for the future.

-Bball

BlueNGold
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
It is all good. The cleansing process is all but complete. The ride down is over and a new team is closer to emerging. Yes, Pacer fans, the sun is finally rising! It will be challenging as it always is for young teams, but it will be exciting to watch them improve and become more competitive. The playoffs are a possiblity, but more important, the team is going to get better with growth and proper personnel moves going forward.

I am hopeful that Roy Hibbert can be a productive center for us. The comments above add some confidence. I think he will be an underrated addition on offense. In addition to great passing, for the first time in years we will have a center with a high percentage threat in the paint....something this team hasn't had in years. It will be interesting to see how he performs...and what kind of shape he is in.

I am equally happy that JT does not have a uniform. I suppose he can get several of them cheap after the recent Pacer incident....although it may say Granger on the back...

Bye Jack, Bye Ron, Bye JO, Bye Tins....it's so sad to see you go...lol.

CableKC
09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
"Roy Hibbert is not a good passer. He is a great passer. We were doing some three on three and Foster was guarding Hibbert at the elbow. Hibbert made a great pass to Rush and I told Foster to get in the way of those. Foster said, 'Coach, he's throwing it from 8 feet up in the air!'"
Wow....that really has me pumped to see Hibbert play in the Preseason.

LOL....."he's throwing it from 8 feet in the air"

Unclebuck
09-24-2008, 08:53 AM
"Last year, we got to the point where none of our leaders were taking responsibility for defense."

Amen to that

bellisimo
09-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Not direct quotes, but true to his meaning:

Jim O'Brien:

even good azz defense can't stop the mighty Hibbert! :D

Tom White
09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll add this little bit that I caught of the O'Brien interview. Some of you will love this.

You all know the Pacers are playing an exhibition game at the fairgrounds coliseum, right?

According to O'Brien, they are trying to get the NBA's approval for Slick to coach the first quarter of that game.

No word yet on whether Slick will wear a lime green or orange leisure suit.

MagicRat
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll add this little bit that I caught of the O'Brien interview. Some of you will love this.

You all know the Pacers are playing an exhibition game at the fairgrounds coliseum, right?

According to O'Brien, they are trying to get the NBA's approval for Slick to coach the first quarter of that game.

No word yet on whether Slick will wear a lime green or orange leisure suit.

I just finished listening to the O'Brien interview and was coming to post the same thing. Pretty cool if it happens..................

Tom White
09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I just finished listening to the O'Brien interview and was coming to post the same thing. Pretty cool if it happens..................

I think for that game (if he is allowed to coach), instead of a guess the score contest, there should be a guess what Slick will wear contest.