PDA

View Full Version : New York Jets at San Diego – Monday Night Football – 9/22/08

Lord Helmet
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
:jets: (1-1) Losing to rival New England last week, Jets quarterback Brett Favre calls this a "must-win".

:chargers: (0-2) After last week's devastating loss, the Chargers would love to get a win and forget the last minutes against Denver.

Time: 8:30 PM ET

Television: :espn:

Slick Pinkham
09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
With all this parity stuff going on I was getting worried, but for the first half at least,

The Jets are still the same old Jets!

Moses
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
It is funny that the Jets are still bad. They went out and got a ton of good FAs..yet they still blow chunks.

Shade
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
S-U-C-K, SUCK SUCK SUCK!

DrBadd01
09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Brett is still learning the offense. . . . once he gets the offense down he will be fine. I would still rater be the Jets any day with Bret Favre than the Patriots with Matt Cassell. They make the play offs I guarantee it.

Slick Pinkham
09-23-2008, 08:09 AM
best part of the game was when the Jets fans couldn't spell "Jets" for the ESPN cameras:

http://www.daveconroy.com/res/jest.jpg

Moses
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Brett is still learning the offense. . . . once he gets the offense down he will be fine. I would still rater be the Jets any day with Bret Favre than the Patriots with Matt Cassell. They make the play offs I guarantee it.
The Jets paid big bucks to Faneca, Favre, Pace and Jenkins..they should be better than this! I already know this year is pretty much lost without Brady, but we always have next year (and the rest of Brady's prime for that matter). I don't even know if you guys have this year.

I think Favre is being exposed out in NY. Back in GB, he had a bunch of stud wideouts who could get tons of yards after the catch and he played in a very QB friendly system (just look at Aaron Rodgers now). In NY, he is playing in a system he isn't familiar with and he has Coles and Cotchery..both of whom are good wideouts but aren't playmakers with the ball in their hand like Jennings and Driver are out in GB. It takes most QBs a couple years to grasp a new system completely. Favre, and the Jets for that matter, don't have that kind of time.

DrBadd01
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Given how the odds have improved from last year, I think Jets fans will take their chances.