09-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Via Pacers.com:

zPeEoh4-tEM

Hicks
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Rasho = Stanko + More Strength + More Powers

Speed
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
There were rumors he wasn't happy about the trade?

And nice camera work, I feel like I'm watching my uncle shoot the family Christmas after too much eggnog or maybe its the Nestowitch Project.

BKK
09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
he looks SLIGHTLY high :D

actually that must be the bad video shooting... or the fact he speaks like a sicilian in a mafia movie, I dunno there's something weird here

but he's awesome so that's ok!

pacergod2
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I would love it if Rasho Bic'd his head. He would be more of a badass than he already is. Rasho for president.

CableKC
09-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Rasho = Stanko + More Strength + More Powers
The most notable power that he has is to keep his proverbial "nose" clean and have no real on/off court PR issues. :laugh:

sweabs
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Yep - Rasho was staying in Toronto until the last possible day he could stay.

Anthem
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Funny that he found out from TJ.

RamBo_Lamar
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I think the casual fans are going to end up really liking Rasho after having
seen him for a while.

Shade
09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I think the casual fans are going to end up really liking Rasho after having
seen him for a while.

I always thought that Rasho was Foster-esque from what I saw from him.

MillerTime
09-22-2008, 11:49 PM

not quite. Foster is more agile and quicker. Both are pretty good defenders and rebounders. Rasho has a bit of a better shot than Foster

tora tora
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
There were rumors he wasn't happy about the trade?

Yes, I don't know why he denied it though. I still say deal him somewhere else.

MyFavMartin
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Yep - Rasho was staying in Toronto until the last possible day he could stay.

New Pacers ad campaign: The safest place in Indianapolis is the Fieldhouse - the one place JT won't be.

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-23-2008, 01:10 AM

Agreed, they're really similar. Rasho definitely has fan favorite potential.

Kemo
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM

UH ..... MAYBE because it isn't true ??

lol

As far as your opinion on dealing him ...

WHY??

Exactly WHO could we trade him for ... that would be better ?

Even IF we just GAVE Tinsley away in a trade ...

There is NOT anyone we could aquire in a trade..that I can think of ... who would be as good of a team player/ glue-guy .. as Nester .. Let alone skill-wise ..

I think it is stupid to go trading newly aquired players BEFORE they even step foot on the court in a Pacers uni. , without seeing how well they will be mesh , and play for us...

Just look at Dunleavy .. I bet there were some on here saying we should deal him , right after we got him in the GS trade...

Yet he comes plays for us , and has a career year working his *** off... while working his way into the hearts and minds of the fans... (me being one of those fans..)...

I say we should give Rasho a chance...

I guess I just don't understand the logic.... (not downing you for your opinion , just don't necessarily agree ..)

The only way I could see it .. is .. if it was done to get rid of Tinsley .

And EVEN THEN... I would most CERTAINELY think we would have to get someone out of the deal whom is equal to or BETTER than Nester .. to justify it..

slightly off topic,

But as far as the roster goes...

As it sits right now we only have 3 options really .. before this season starts..

which would be ...

A. Buyout Tinsley ... (TPTB are against this , and have stated such)

B. Trade Tinsley along with another player..(The only players I personally would consider would be Daniels,Williams,McBob, Graham) in a **2 for 1** deal.. or a **3 for 2 deal** ...The ONLY way I would let Nester or Baston go in any kind of trade involving getting rid of Tinsley , would be if it netted us a good player who would contribute nicely .. at the Center/Power Forward position ...

or

C. Release McBob , thus freeing up the roster spot, to let Tinsley ride the pine from his home (away from Conseco)

The only realistic option I see TPTB goin with is option B.
and I highly doubt they are going to sacrifice one of our bigs to trade Tinman.. for whatever garbage we would get in return...

No matter what SOMETHING must be done in regards to the roster size BEFORE the season starts....

and no matter what kind of trade we do to get rid of Tinsley , it is going to have to be a
2 for 1 ..........
or a .....
3 for 2 deal..

there is no getting around it unless we keep McBob from joining our roster , or buyout one of our lower end contracts...

I personally like Rasho , and I think a combination of Hibbert/Rasho at Center will be ALOT better than most of you think.. pair that in with Foster/Murphy at PF .. and we have a pretty good front court.... Granted none are all-stars .. but for the most part they are all hustlers , good rebounders, and will give you 110% every night ... I just REALLY hope Hibbert develops his shot blocking ability into something that will help us ...(and I think he will) ...

Anthem
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Man, what's with the haterade? Dude steal your cat or what?

Speed
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Link? Was it a teammate who eluded to that, was it the media who heard he was unhappy, did he say it in Slovian and it was translated?

Or was it just speculation on a message board somewhere, just because he wasn't in Indy yet?

I really try to watch Pacer stuff pretty closely, year round, but I could've missed it being reported somewhere.

Shade
09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
not quite. Foster is more agile and quicker. Both are pretty good defenders and rebounders. Rasho has a bit of a better shot than Foster

Agreed. That's why I said Foster-esque and not Foster clone-like. ;)

ChicagoJ
09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
As I recall, Rasho's a lot bigger and more physical that Jeff. You won't (shouldn't) see Rasho front the post much because he shouldn't have to rely on a gimmick/ zone defense like fronting the post.

Anthem
09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
As I recall, Rasho's a lot bigger and more physical that Jeff. You won't (shouldn't) see Rasho front the post much because he shouldn't have to rely on a gimmick/ zone defense like fronting the post.
Oh, let me be clear. I don't think Jeff should start over Rasho. I think he should start over Murphy.

Play Jeff at PF and see how physical he is.

Hicks
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
*sigh* Too many use the word "gimmick" too loosely when describing basketball tactics.

idioteque
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I really don't think Rasho wants to be here, call it a hunch, but my gosh that was the most unexcited interview I've ever seen. You would think he was a college kid in line to take the SAT, "yeah I'm excited...to get this over with."

Anthem
09-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I really don't think Rasho wants to be here, call it a hunch, but my gosh that was the most unexcited interview I've ever seen.
Get a camcorder, walk up to a guy who just got out of practice, and start asking questions. That's what you get.

He won't be on the all-interview team, but I don't care about that one way or the other. I care that he produce on the court.

sweabs
09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I really don't think Rasho wants to be here.
:nod:

Roaming Gnome
09-25-2008, 01:47 AM
I could give the business end of a rat, if he wants to be here. He just needs to produce while he is here since he is on the final year of his contract, unless he wants to be done in the NBA. I know they are paying better then what they use to in Europe, but I'm sure he will get the most bang for his buck here in the NBA and he won't get that playing as if he doesn't want to be here.

BorisD
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I really don't think Rasho wants to be here, call it a hunch, but my gosh that was the most unexcited interview I've ever seen. You would think he was a college kid in line to take the SAT, "yeah I'm excited...to get this over with."
Rasho is apparently one of the more lively guys in the locker room and a real practical joker when the cameras are off, but he hates giving interviews with a passion (at least, he did in Toronto). His accent is thick, he seems to find most questions the media ask him being not particularly insightful or intelligent. But Rasho is a pro all the way: he just wants to play ball and he'll do quite well for you.

I don't think he's unhappy to be in Indiana at all. He should be fairly excited, the way he finished the year last year and that carried over into the Olympic qualifying tournament. He knows he's going to start and has an opportunity to play for a new contract. Plus, he's now working under a real coach - he'll be happy.

Doddage
09-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Plus, he's now working under a real coach - he'll be happy.
:laugh: Oh come on, you know you don't really mean that about Smitch.

LoneGranger33
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Or about O'Brien.

avoidingtheclowns
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Or about O'Brien.

o'brien has won a playoff series (several in fact) - so i don't think it is out of the question to say that in the spectrum of coaching o'brien, just by virtue of reaching the ECF, ranks higher than sam mitchell.

SamBear
09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Plus, he's now working under a real coach - he'll be happy.

Or Popovich... :hmm:

Rasho's a good guy. And he's an NBA Champion! :happydanc

Hicks
09-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Or Popovich... :hmm:

Rasho's a good guy. And he's an NBA Champion! :happydanc

Hey, SamBear!

What can he do offensively besides hit a 15 footer? Does he have any real post up game?

How is his post defense?

What do you think about his rebounding, both on offense and on defense?

Gyron
09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
:nod:

So is that a yes he doesn't want to be here or a yes he does want to be here?

sweabs
09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
All I'm saying is that he stayed in Toronto up to the last minute he HAD to leave.

That said, he's a professional, and a pretty good centre to boot. Someone's exact words: "Rasho's gonna surprise people - people are sleeping on Rasho." He firmly believes he'll be the outright starter in no time (and if you saw Rasho play towards the end of last season, it's not hard to see why).

dohman
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I am just excited about playing with him in 2K9 and yelling RASHOOOO SLAM real loud.

duke dynamite
10-01-2008, 03:35 AM
I just watched some highlights of him on YouTube. I mean I don't get the idea of how much of an all-around player he is if he is, but he is capable of some nice inside scoring.

McKeyFan
10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I just watched some highlights of him on YouTube. I mean I don't get the idea of how much of an all-around player he is if he is, but he is capable of some nice inside scoring.

I agree. I just watched a YouTube clip, but it was the pass by TJ Ford at 20 seconds in that got my mouth watering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKYdMWoinVk&NR=1

JayRedd
10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree. I just watched a YouTube clip, but it was the pass by TJ Ford at 20 seconds in that got my mouth watering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKYdMWoinVk&NR=1

Rasho and Saigon together at last.

Speed
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Awesome video, at the 1 minute mark Rasho does a Hakeem move, he doesn't make it, but he's always way less stiff than I remember early in his career and not nearly as soft.

He doesn't get to the FT line, like ever, but I hope he's one of these guys who is way better his last 3 years in the league than his first 7.

Let the Sun Shine in and meet it with a grin...

JayRedd
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Nothing gets me more excited about a new player acquisition than a "highlight video" of him displaying mid-range jumpers, put-backs, unconverted post-moves and an ability to injure Reggie Evans.

Champ-ion-ship.

Dr. Goldfoot
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Rasho's been a role player the last few years. There is no reason to believe he'll be anything more here. To get all statistical on you.....

Last 3 seasons

20.2 MPG
4.4 RPG
6.1 PPG
8,400,000 dollars the Pacers will pay him this year.

There's no reason to get excited about this guy.

ChicagoJ
10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
There's no reason to get excited about this upcoming season, period.

What I'm excited about from Rasho is that he can help teach Hibbert. He's more than just an expiring contract that will start for a season during our rebuilding, he's a potential mentor for the budding leader of our defense. He might be overpriced for a big-man coach, but he's the closest thing we've had to a big-man coach since Isiah was here and had Tree Rollins with him.

Hicks
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
There's no reason to get excited about this upcoming season, period.

Talk about jumping the shark!

Anthem
10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Talk about jumping the shark!
Um, no. Not in the least.

I talked to a guy recently who was looking for something.

Him: "I looked everywhere! I literally turned my office upside down to find it!"
Me: "You literally turned your office upside down?"
Him: "Yeah, I looked everywhere!"
Me: "Did it help to literally turn everything upside down?"
Him: "Huh?"

Anyway, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

Hicks
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm honored to be corrected. Make you feel better, does it?

JayRedd
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Him: "I looked everywhere! I literally turned my office upside down to find it!"

Anyway, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Looks like Graham just nuked the fridge.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=785164&postcount=4

Roaming Gnome
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Cincinnati :D

Anthem
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Fine, I'll go hide my head in shame.

Happy? :laugh:

naptownmenace
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Last 3 seasons

20.2 MPG
4.4 RPG
6.1 PPG
8,400,000 dollars the Pacers will pay him this year.

There's no reason to get excited about this guy.

That 8.4 million dollars comes off the books at the end of the year. That's pretty exciting! :yes:

But seriously, we know what we're gonna get with Rasho and what we'll get will be decent enough to groom Hibbert for the starting C role and ease him into it rather than throwing him to the wolves right away. That and Rasho doesn't have any glaring flaws and is a fundamentally sound player who can guard the bigger Centers of the league effectively.