PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This...???

NuffSaid
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
How do you suspend a guy for violating the NBA's anti-drug policy when the last time said player played in the NBA was two seasons ago? I know...you're scratching your head just like I was.

Darius Miles received a 10-game suspended (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3598240) apparently for violating the league's drug policy "at the end of last season". Miles was acquired by the Celtics on August 22, 2008 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3549061) from the Portland Trail Blazers where he last saw NBA action during the 2005-2006 season. The question is how do you suspend someone if they haven't played for 2 years?

The answer: Darius Miles remained on the IRL for Portland until they waived him in April 2007 for an injury that doctors considered to be "career ending". He was, therefore, still subject to the CBA at the end of last season.

BKK
09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
ahah I had the same question when I read the rss feed related subject

thanks for this precious answer nuffsaid!!

CableKC
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
So he didn't have some drug policy violation recently with this current stint with the Celtics?

All of this stems from his previous stint with the Blazers?

Naptown_Seth
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Jailblazers, bunch of scum.*

*Hey, they do it to the Pacers.

gph
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
So he didn't have some drug policy violation recently with this current stint with the Celtics?

All of this stems from his previous stint with the Blazers?

Correct, this was from the blazers, when he was rehabbing. The drug was a weight loss drug as he was trying to get back into shape/get weight off to ease pressure on the knee-phentermine. Fairly common prescription diet drug.

robocop's cousin
09-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Darius Miles had a weight problem...what?
dudes a walking toothpick

avoidingtheclowns
09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
the FBI is investigating whether lindsey hunter tricked miles into taking some