PDA

View Full Version : Need Indy Hotel recommendations

SycamoreKen
09-22-2008, 12:01 AM
A friend of mine will be in Indy for a conference in November and needs a decent place to stay for $160 or less a night. The conference is at the convention center. Any help in finding him a decent place within his budget would be great. He is willing to rent a car and drive into town if he has to.

Unclebuck
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
A friend of mine will be in Indy for a conference in November and needs a decent place to stay for $160 or less a night. The conference is at the convention center. Any help in finding him a decent place within his budget would be great. He is willing to rent a car and drive into town if he has to.

There are places downtown that are less than $160.00 per night. Try Hampton Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn

bellisimo
09-22-2008, 08:54 AM
know any good ones which charge by the hour by any chance...?

avoidingtheclowns
09-22-2008, 10:57 AM

try naptime's bordello

Unclebuck
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM

Funny story - or sad maybe depending on your point of view.

A few years ago, when I was living in Fort Wayne - for some reason the Pacers game was not broadcast on NBA League pass, but it was on Channel 4. it was a Sunday afternoon game, so I decided I needed to watch the game - but didn't want to drive all the way to Indianapolis - so I found a hotel along I-69 that had channel 4 on their TV lineup. I think it was a Super 8 or something similar. (I didn't need anything nice) so I drove the 45 minutes or so to the hotel - went to the front desk to ask if I could rent a room for about 3 hours - the guy sort of looked at me strangely and said - we aren't that type of hotel. It took me a minute to realize what he was saying - and I said "oh no I don't need it for that I just want to watch the pacers game and then I'd leave when the game is over" - He still looked at me strangely and said sir we only rent by the night - so I said well then give me a room for tonight - but I'll be leaving around 6:00.

it was a fun time - still memorable - worth the $60.00 or so to be able to see the game and tell the story

grace
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I hear the Colts stay at University Place. If it's good enough for them...

SycamoreKen
09-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Buck and Grace. I had forgotten about this since my week has been so busy.