Television: :cbssports:

Miami at New England

:dolphins: (0-2)

:patriots: (2-0)

Time: 1:00 PM ET

Television: :cbssports:

ilive4sports
09-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Pittsburgh vs. Philly should be a rather good game. Of course i think Philly will win because they are better and its in Philly. Can't fall to 1-2. Go Birds!

DrBadd01
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Now the real Matt Cassell comes out!!!! Looks like the :patriots: are in trouble.

Infinite MAN_force
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Go fish!

Slick Pinkham
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
The team that played better on this day won, as the coach always says will happen. 21 times in a row in the regular season, they have been the aggressor, executed better, game-planned better, and "done their job" but there is no God-given right to victory. Victory is hard.

It counts as an L, just one, and just like the Colts aleady have (so far).

idioteque
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Didn't see the Pats game- what happened to those guys? Did the defense break down or did the offense put them in a pretty bad position in regards to field position?

For the Pats to be successful, their defense is going to have to be darn near perfect every game. They can't win those shootout type of games now like the last couple of games they have played against the Colts.

idioteque
09-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh, and to the couple of Redskin fans on this board: your team looked damn good today. Yes, it was Arizona, but the offensive execution was good for a majority of the game and the defense came up with a couple of really nice plays. Washington has one of the best secondaries in the league.

And their offense has looked infinitely better than the Colts' for the last two games. Can't believe I just said that. I respect the Redskins a lot more now than I used to, this is the first year I have closely followed them and it has been a pleasure so far.

Slick Pinkham
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Didn't see the Pats game- what happened to those guys? Did the defense break down or did the offense put them in a pretty bad position in regards to field position?

Cassel missed open people all day. Lots of pressure, but still... No offense and Ronnie Brown ran like you wouldn't believe. Dude has amazing speed to the outside, and Pennington made zero mistakes

ilive4sports
09-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Solid win today. Defense made up for sucking last week by getting 9 sacks, a safety, an interception and a few fumbles. Offense was sloppy, didnt help that Westbrook got hurt. Hopefully its not to serious.

ChicagoJ
09-21-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm bruised all over from watching the Eagles and Steelers hit each other. What a great game. Unfortunately, the "bad guys" hit harder. Don't normally see that...

I wonder why the Eagles didn't bother hitting the Cowboys like that last Monday. They should be 3-0.

We were over at a cookout during the end of the Bears' game. They made me laugh with that passive, let-the-other-team-back-into-the-game Cover 2 crap. What a lousy defensive scheme to let a guy like Brian Griese just pick them apart underneath for the entire second half. You realize that is the only thing Griese can do, right?

Tillman's PF that prolonged the Buc's drive in OT was shameful. That was a Stephen Jackson/ Ron Artest type of play - stop 'em on third down in the shadow of their own goalline and then sprint and dive into the scrum/ pile ten seconds after the play is over. Dumb a-s-s.

ChicagoJ
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Solid win today. Defense made up for sucking last week by getting 9 sacks, a safety, an interception and a few fumbles. Offense was sloppy, didnt help that Westbrook got hurt. Hopefully its not to serious.

The safety call was terrible. Not that it mattered, we couldn't move the ball, period. But that pass was to Moore and was batted down. So to call it "intentional grounding" was a royal mistake. Our o-line needs to get more "Houston's" and "Cleveland's" on the schedule and less of the Eagles.

Kendall Simmons was guessing wrong all game long - he'd block a man that would be double-teamed and leave a wide path up the middle. Hats off to your D-coordinator for a great mix-up scheme all game long.

It was a great defensive slugfest all game long. I was confident that the Eagles couldn't move the ball much on our defense, and after the early touchdown that proved true. But we butchered the field position game in the second half (and your punter was definitely the game's MVP with those two awesome punts in the fourth quarter that eliminated the minimal field posistion edge we had been trying to build.)

Thank God its only week three.

ilive4sports
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree it was not intentional grounding, but it was clearly a safety anyways cause Ben's knee was down before he threw the ball. So in the end the correct thing happened even though the process was wrong.

Jim Johnson is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league, hands down. I dont know why we couldnt do anything against dallas last week. I expect that to be different come week 17.

I think if Westbrook would have played the whole game we would have moved the ball better. And if Kevin Curtis were healthy it would have opened things up a bit. Sav Rocca is the man, Aussie Aussie Aussie! Dawkins definitely showed he still is able to play at a high level too.

I think the Steelers will bounce back. I do think they are one of the best teams in the AFC and its very early. I was nervous until this game was over that they may come back and win. Great game, it really was.

ChicagoJ
09-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I agree it was not intentional grounding, but it was clearly a safety anyways cause Ben's knee was down before he threw the ball. So in the end the correct thing happened even though the process was wrong.

That may be true. It was closer than I originally thought because I thought Ben was breaking the tackle from the sideline angle. From the endzone angle, it is very close. If you're going to have instant replay (which I'm not a fan of, but so what) then every "scoring" play should be eligible for a challenge. He was definitely not "in the grasp" and Ben is known to break tackles.

Jim Johnson is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league, hands down. I dont know why we couldnt do anything against dallas last week. I expect that to be different come week 17.

I hope the Steelers make a run for him after Dick LeBeau retires. I was very impressed with his aggressiveness - that's the way defense should be played. (Except for the series where you got passive and let Leftwich moved the ball with ease.)

I think if Westbrook would have played the whole game we would have moved the ball better.

No, it would have been an "irresistable force" hitting an "unmovable object." Although a couple of guys picked up some yardage against us late last season after Aaron Smith went down with his injury, it would not have happened yesterday with Smith, Clark, and Palamalu at full strength. Would have made for some great strength-on-strength football, though. It might have turned out to be 17-6 or 19-6 instead of 15-6.

I think the Steelers will bounce back. I do think they are one of the best teams in the AFC and its very early. I was nervous until this game was over that they may come back and win. Great game, it really was.

I had a sense that we were just one big play from getting back into the game, but it was going to have to be a defensive touchdown or special teams play because it wasn't coming from the offense. Your punter took away the special teams opportunities.

It was one of the better games I've seen in a long time, especially considering it is still September. I didn't like the outcome, but unlike the boring track meet last Monday, there was some real hitting going on yesterday.

Let me just say that James Farrior is getting old and slow quickly. He's led the team in tackles for the last 387 seasons (give or take), but he's not snuffing out the running game very well this season.