PDA

View Full Version : Get to know your Pacers - part IV - Granger, Diener, Murphy, Daniels

Hicks
09-19-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/multimedia/player_profiles_0809.html

imawhat
09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Troy Murphy: a licensed spray tanner.

Travis Diener: a man of contradictions.

TD: My family's low-key with money....I'm not the type of guy that's going to go spend everything and act like a big shot.
SP: What was the first thing you purchased with your NBA money?
TD:A Cadillac Escalade.
SP: What was the first thing you bought your mom?
TD: I bought her a watch.
SP: What kind?
TD: A Gucci watch.
Later on...
TD: I like to go to Vegas when I get a chance..

TD: It's more them telling me things because I don't talk a lot

Later on...

TD: Off the court I'm pretty mellow, pretty outgoing.

TD:

Smoothdave1
09-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I watched these as well. Kinda surprised about Murphy doing spray tan and he loves Romantic Comedies too.

Meanwhile, Diener's comments about how he doesn't want to show off, yet his first purchase was an Escalade, he bought his Mom a Gucci watch and also has a BMW and a million dollar house in Carmel.

But then again, it's his money, so he can do what he wants with it. I just hope he saves some of it.

Evan_The_Dude
09-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I watched these as well. Kinda surprised about Murphy doing spray tan and he loves Romantic Comedies too.

Meanwhile, Diener's comments about how he doesn't want to show off, yet his first purchase was an Escalade, he bought his Mom a Gucci watch and also has a BMW and a million dollar house in Carmel.

But then again, it's his money, so he can do what he wants with it. I just hope he saves some of it.

You don't have to be rich to have an Escalade, a BMW and buy a Gucci watch. The million dollar home is the exception, but he could have done like the other athletes and bought a Rolls Royce Phantom or a Bugatti Veyron with their money. If I'm a millionare, even if I didn't splurge I'd probably still buy a couple of nice but not overly expensive cars. Yeah I'd buy my Mom something nice. Yeah I'd probably buy myself a nice house. I mean wouldn't exactly move to the Meadows.

LoneGranger33
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM

I'm only surprised he admitted it. I mean, he glows orange - its not like he's "on fire" a la NBA Jam.

Smoothdave1
09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I certainly agree that you don't have to be rich to own those types of cars. However, most people who buy a 60k Escalade and a 50k BMW are all doing very well, I'd suggest. At the same time, though, it's not like Diener has a JO contract or Granger prospects of a long term 60+ million dollar deal forthcoming.

As I mentioned before, it's his money and he can do with it as he sees fit. I was just agreeing with the previous posted as it just sounded contradictory because he mentioned he doesn't want to show off, but then notes some of the things he has purchased with his NBA fortunes, which would be viewed as showing off by many people. I just hope he saves some or most of his money, that's all. (Can you tell I work in financial planning for a living)

Kuq_e_Zi91
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Man, Murphy cracked me up with the romantic comedies in NY.

"How to lose a guy in 10 days." :laugh:

Maybe it was just me, but Marquis came off really sincere. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Quisy. Even with all the club incidents, I think he's deep down a good dude. Like he said, he needs to work on releasing his feelings in a better way.

Naptown_Seth
09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm only surprised he admitted it. I mean, he glows orange - its not like he's "on fire" a la NBA Jam.
I sure as F wish he'd get NBA Jam on fire this season a bit more, we sure could use it.

Maybe sneak some hot sauce into that tanning spray mix. :devil::pepper::burn:

BlueNGold
09-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Escalade, BMW and million dollar house in Carmel. I'd say that's showing it pretty well....of course he could pay for all of that in one year of salary with quite a bit left over....so he's not exactly living on the edge.

BTW, he's gonna wish he bought a Chevy after he pays his part of the market meltdown...

Reckoner
09-21-2008, 03:10 AM
A house is an investment - that's hardly showing off.

imawhat
09-21-2008, 04:16 AM
I don't see what being rich has to do with it.

I certainly don't associate being low-key with driving Escalades and buying Gucci watches; maybe that's low-key in Fon du Lac (sp)?

It's funny to hear Travis say these things; they're so contradictory.

This was a good set of interviews. It's great to hear from Marquis.

Really, the only guys left are Tinsley, Shawne Williams, and Rasho.

BlueNGold
09-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Really, the only guys left are Tinsley, Shawne Williams, and Rasho.

Very Interesting.

What are the odds that the only guys left are those three...the three many of us suspect the Pacers may be dealing. Without a doubt Tinsley is not going to get interviewed. I find it interesting...very interesting...that Shawne Williams has not been interviewed. Less so Rasho since he's been globe trotting.

cgg
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Escalade, BMW and million dollar house in Carmel. I'd say that's showing it pretty well....of course he could pay for all of that in one year of salary with quite a bit left over....so he's not exactly living on the edge.

I dunno, down here I count 20 BMWs on the way to the grocery store.

Like... literally. I counted them one day.

Major Cold
09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
A house is an investment - that's hardly showing off.

Here in America buying a million dollar house is far from investing. investing is the thing of the past.

JayRedd
09-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Most Gucci watches are like two grand. And an Escalade is a rather low-key car for a multi-millionaire.

Noodle
09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
BTW, he's gonna wish he bought a Chevy after he pays his part of the market meltdown...

Escalade's are Chevy's.?

MrSparko
09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
That's an awful big Go Kart for a 15 year old.

Since86
09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Escalade's are Chevy's.?

Cadiallac is a product of GM, as is Chevrolet.

I used to drive a '97 Olds Bravada. Any part that I needed, I could get off of a Blazer or a Jimmy, except the front bumper and grill. They're all owned by the same company.

Dodge, Chrsyler, Pontiac, and Jeep are also all owned/manufactured by the same company.

Anyways.....

A million dollar home in Carmel isn't exactly something to make you turn your head. Just about anything on Geist will run you that. We have an insured that lives a few houses down from Reggie. He has 12 different auto policies with us.

'78 Jag, '03 Escallade, and '07 Cad. STS to name a few of the higher end. I imagine his home isn't as flashy as Reggie's or any other athlete who lives in the area.

Just because it's flashy to you, doesn't mean it's flashy to his peers or even his neighbors.

cgg
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Cadiallac is a product of GM, as is Chevrolet.

I used to drive a '97 Olds Bravada. Any part that I needed, I could get off of a Blazer or a Jimmy, except the front bumper and grill. They're all owned by the same company.

Dodge, Chrsyler, Pontiac, and Jeep are also all owned/manufactured by the same company.

Pontiac is GM

Anthem
09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
A house is an investment
Not a good one. :D

Still, it's his money.